Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,081 to 10,100 of 11,914

Octane

Was there ever a chance that the PS5 was going to be more expensive than Series X though? Especially considering Series X has the more powerful hardware.

Octane

Banjo-

Octane wrote:

Was there ever a chance that the PS5 was going to be more expensive than Series X though? Especially considering Series X has the more powerful hardware.

Of course there was if they didn't wait for Microsoft's pricing leak.

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

They haven't undercut them though. The main console is the same price, and Xbox wins on digital easily.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

Dezzy wrote:

@BlueOceanThey haven't undercut them though. The main console is the same price, and Xbox wins on digital easily.

They matched Series X price and undercut it with PS5 SAD. The question is, how relevant PS5 All-Digital Edition is compared to Series X?

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Well I thought it went without saying that the digital version would be cheaper than the Series X. Even if it cost more to manufacture, it just makes sense for them to sell it cheaper because they'll make the money back from increased profit on digital sales.

The much smaller gap between digital and physical means that I'll just get the physical version when I finally buy a PS5. £100 difference. That's paid for by just 2 full price games that you buy and then resell (when you'd otherwise have to spend that money permanently on digital). So I don't think the digital would be worth the price with PS5.

Whereas with Xbox, digital is absolutely worth the price given that gamepass exists.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

Dezzy wrote:

@BlueOcean

Well I thought it went without saying that the digital version would be cheaper than the Series X. Even if it cost more to manufacture, it just makes sense for them to sell it cheaper because they'll make the money back from increased profit on digital sales.

Don't forget that PS5 prices were rumoured to be higher because of the SSD, controller, etc. They have announced the prices after Microsoft. Otherwise, PS5 would be more expensive than it is, both versions. So it's not "it makes sense to sell cheaper than" but "they have waited for Microsoft in order to change the price of their consoles".

Banjo-

Ninfan

what will everyone buy xbox series X or S ?

Ninfan

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Sony has stopped believing in generations. Sony's "next-gen" games Horizon 2 and Spider-Man Miles Morales confirmed for PS4 and PS5.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Ninfan

@BlueOcean said So Sony has stopped believing in generations, huh?

that does'nt sound good, what does it mean?

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Banjo-

@Ninfan Microsoft say that Series games will be released for Xbox One for two years. Meanwhile, Sony say that they believe in generations and making PS5 exclusive games that won't be held back by the current generation, alluding to Microsoft's diametrically opposed strategy.

Then Halo Infinite is shown and automatically bashed and Microsoft decides to delay it so the Series version looks more next-gen and, more importantly, backpedal regarding Xbox One support. The only Xbox game that is being "held back" by Xbox One now is Halo Infinite because it has been in development for the longest time and the Xbox One version has been re-confirmed:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-infinite

However, the other Xbox games have ditched the Xbox One version so they don't need to hold back now:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/everwild-drops-xbox-one-versi...

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/avowed

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/fable

Flight Simulator appears as "Windows 10" game but it's confirmed to be coming to Series. It was supposed to come to Xbox One too but the Xbox One mention was removed from the last trailer.

And at the last minute, Sony reveals that Horizon 2 and Spider-Man Miles Morales are not next-gen games as previously advertised but cross-gen games, so their "We believe in generations" motto was a lie to stand out as the ones pushing the technology behind the new games. Or they just play chicken game and copy Microsoft so much that they copied their cross-gen strategy while hypocritically rejecting it. Because delaying games and cancelling current-gen versions is something that can happen naturally but developing cross-gen games that support PS4 and PS5, that's something that Sony knew and hid right from the start.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean Horizon 2 is definitely going to be held back by PS4, Guerrilla Games said some features they wanted to put in the first Horizon were cut because of PS4 specs not being good enough.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano Series S and X have the same CPU so they can have the same games running at different resolution but if you make a game for PS4 and PS5 there are things you have to consider; for starters, the PS4 HDD which is ancient technology compared to the ultra-fast PS5 SSD.

Banjo-

Justifier

It is just hilarious that spiderman and horizon is cross-gen games after all.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

NEStalgia

@redd214 Thanks! that does sound a lot easier, indeed! 11:00AM sounds a lot better than 3:00AM; Of course "easy" is relative considering how fast they will probably sell out

Still curious how XAA will be handled with that. It really sounds like a bad combination - credit applications and "5 minutes before they're all gone!" buying windows

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia yeah definitely! Last night I had my computer displayed on 2 screens, a tablet and 2 phones up at the same time trying to secure preorders lol. It sucked but at least I got it done. Hopefully will be better for you guys with the S/X!

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 Haha, same. I had one desktop PC in one room, my phone, and my Surface all going at it! It's a good thing too - the difference between BB cart page behavior on the phone and the PC, despite using "desktop version" on the phone is the thing that made it happen at all!

Are you going all xCloud for XB this gen? (And/or scalping any SeX/SeS?)

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia Definitely all Xcloud for the time being, it's exactly what I hoped it would be. Though honestly with the schedule of Switch/PS5 games for 2020/21 I'm not sure they'll be a point lol.

I burned through all the Xbone games I wanted to check out (mainline Halos, Recore, Gears, Forza of course etc) and all the other games currently on Xcloud I already have on ps/switch so not urgent at the moment. The $25 a month offer for the S is VERY attractive but at the same time literally don't think I'd have time to even take advantage (same issue I had with the one s for the most part). I'll sub to Ultimate here and there as needed but Microsoft has made a good play with xcloud. Will hold onto my $1 resub offer for as long as possible!!

Won't be don't any "reselling" for a while I think lol. Mainly did it last year or 2 to fund PS5 launch so not a real need to now. Except for 3D AllStars. Totally scalping that next year lol!!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic