Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 41 to 60 of 340

Knux

Have you guys actually watched the videos before posting? The Xbox 360 has so many techinal problems, you wonder what Microsoft was thinking. I know this, because I have a Xbox 360 that had a disc drive problem and I had to get it repaired. But this was my SECOND Xbox 360, the first one messed up due to the red ring of death. But I know 1 Xbox 360 game that is getting a PS3 port with a LOT of extras:Tales of Vesperia. It shows that the PS3 is much more powerful then Xbox 360. I want to buy this game as SOON as it comes out for the PS3.

@ClicketyClick-Is Enternal Sonata worth buying? I want to expand my small PS3 collection, and I'm looking for a great PS3 RPG.

Knux

Corbs

Eternal Sonata is a great RPG.

Plain old gamer :)

Machu

My awesome PC is better than both. I may get a PS3 in 3/4 yrs catch up on anything I missed.

Rawr!

The_Fox

[quote=SuperSonic1990] But I know 1 Xbox 360 game that is getting a PS3 port with a LOT of extras:Tales of Vesperia. It shows that the PS3 is much more powerful then Xbox 360.quote]

A port of a JRPG proves the PS3 is more powerful? How is it you arrive at this conclusion?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Knux

The+Fox wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

But I know 1 Xbox 360 game that is getting a PS3 port with a LOT of extras:Tales of Vesperia. It shows that the PS3 is much more powerful then Xbox 360.

A port of a JRPG proves the PS3 is more powerful? How is it you arrive at this conclusion?

Because of the Blu Ray Disc, a PS3 game can HOLD up a lot of content. The Xbox 360 has a dual layer DVD disc, which cannot hold NEARLY as much data as a PS3. A PS3 game can hold up to 50 GB of data! A game has already done that, Metal Gear Solid 4. Go to Wikipedia and look up Tales of Vesperia, you will find out there are a LOT of extras in the PS3 version. I also read that the PS3 version of Enternal Sonota even has a few extras that the Xbox 360 does not have.
I think I will buy Enternal Sonota and Metal Gear Solid 4 when I have the money.
But, the videos have a LOT more information on them. I can't believe I have to type all this, when the videos have a LOT more information then what I told you.

Knux

Bahamut_ZERO

It's not that it couldn't hold it, it's to make owners of the 360 version buy another.....

Bahamut_ZERO

SwerdMurd

One thing all PS3 owners have "conveniently forgotten" is balls-awful Blu-ray load times....Maybe balls-awful is harsh, but starting a blu-ray movie almost always elicitcs that "it is gonna load eventually....right?" feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'd probably watch/own more if the getting-started process wasn't so time-consuming. Games get similarly bitten by this bug, although I'd honestly prefer an extra second or two to disc-switching. And lossless audio may seem like a small issue, but for an audiophile it's friggin' bliss. Few things sound as good as a PS3 belting out smoothness to your surround sound system.

I agree--I honestly thing SSonic's point works in the reverse. One of the nice reasons to own a 360 is getting all those games first: Eternal Sonata, expansions for Fallout, etc.--we tend to have to be patient, although we get rewarded with tuned-up versions in most cases. You do occaisionally have issues like Lost Planet or Orange Box, where the company throws in a 3 dollar port job and makes every single issue with blu-ray data access appear simultaneously.

I think that successfully elicits a "Screw EA" Only that company could release a Half Life 2 compendium port that makes the games somehow seem worse than perfect.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Knux

warioswoods wrote:

is better than

better than

Otherwise we end up with a rather odd two-topic headline: Why the Playstation 3 is better. Then, the Xbox 360!

Oops, my bad. Fixed!

Knux

Stuffgamer1

The Fox wrote:

You do realize that you don't NEED the wireless, right? Because you seem confused on that.

The alternative is running a cable through TWO FLOORS, so yeah, I'd say I actually DO need wireless. Thanks for being so narrow-minded about my needs, though.

Also, you're right, I DON'T need a 120gig hard drive. I need one much larger, but Microsoft won't let me upgrade to one!

@metakirbyknight: You're shopping for USED Xbox 360 merch? Are you CRAZY?!? That's just BEGGING to be screwed over right there. Plus, you forgot to mention the Xbox Live fee and Play and Charge Kit (so the controller works like the PS3 one does out of the box).

See, we're working on the assumption that you want the best gaming experience you can get with your console. In this case, the PS3 is the better value, hands down. The 360 is only a steal if you have no need of online or a hard drive. And if you're that basics-minded, you'd might as well just stick with your Wii.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

The_Fox

@stuffgamer
See, YOU need the Wi-Fi, but that doesn't mean everybody does. YOU want the larger hard drive, but that doesn't mean everyone does. You saying that anyone buying a 360 is going to wind up spending more than a PS3 is misleading.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

LEGEND_MARIOID

The non-nintendo consoles promote isolationist gaming so I am not too interested in them anymore. Of the two, I'd take an Xbox360 over a PS3 anyday of the week

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

BL_Donth

I'll get a PS3 when it gets a price cut and a slim version.
That's all I need and my next gen console collection is complete.

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

Objection

donth8theplaya69 wrote:

I'll get a PS3 when it gets a price cut and a slim version.
That's all I need and my next gen console collection is complete.

That abouts sums up my plans. Red rings of death turn me off. I don't care if they're good at repairing your 360, it shouldn't break like that in the first place.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Zenman

i dont want to weigh in too much, i respect PS3 owners (one of my friends has one, i am jelous of MAG), but i have a 360 and i liek it cause i am a fan of Gears of war, Halo, and Fallout 3 which are 360 exclusives (i think, F3 will have a PS3 release sometime soon)...
just dont preach to me about how stupid i am for having one and how the PS3 is crazily better every day...all the time, like a guy i know at high school.

Edited on by Zenman

BL_Donth

@Zenman the PS3 has Fallout 3. It was released the same time as the 360 and PC version.

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

Bahamut_ZERO

@Stuffgamer1: That's where I would care to disagree. As a gaming console, I think the 360 winds. But as an overall value package and addition to a home entertainment center, the PS3 is far superior.

And the 360 controller is more comfortable. I know I say that a lot, but that my friends is the damn best controller I have ever used

Bahamut_ZERO

Supermarioman

In my personal opinion the PS3 beats the 360 in too many fronts to even count and I'll mention some (Happy to see BlackBustercritic outside of youtube for once)
#1: Pricing is much better on the PS3 then 360, I can easily prove it:
Xbox 360 Pro $300
Wireless Adaptor $100
One Year Xbox Live Subscription $50
Rechargable Batteries or Charge Station $10-$30
Now your looking at somewhere around $460-$480 in cash for the full experience, thats more than the PS3 which is complete right out of the box and all first party controllers charge with the system.
#2: Online, not nesscearly better than 360 but rather the fact that you have to pay to play online every year which is $50 every year and it has wireless internet intergraded right in the console. Also unlike the 360 it has a web browser in which you can do everything that the 360 has to have special features intergraded in order to use them such as twitter and facebook. Even though it's online service of downloadables isn't as robust as the 360, almost all of its titles are quality titles and very unique games only playable on the PS3.
#3: Blue-Ray, Linux, and Other Compatible Components: The PS3 is compatible with several things that have only previously avalible with computers such as Linux which allows the PS3 to have a very large amount of potential. Also Blue-Ray is a major selling point for the system and allows it games to take up to 50 GB of space so that the games are longer, more detailed graphically and are overall a much better quality.
#4:Unique Exclusives: Now I'm not going to say it has better exclusives because yes I like Halo and Fable and a few other games on the 360, but the following list of exclusives are unique games that could only really be played on the PS3 or done on the PS3 or are just good games in general:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Little Big PLanet
Killzone 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Infamous
Resistance
Resistance 2
Ratchet and Clack Future: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Flower
and much much more.
I think this where I am going to stop for now but I have many more ways to prove the PS3 is superior to the 360.

Supermarioman

The_Fox

Supermarioman wrote:

In my personal opinion the PS3 beats the 360 in too many fronts to even count and I'll mention some (Happy to see BlackBustercritic outside of youtube for once)
#1: Pricing is much better on the PS3 then 360, I can easily prove it:
Xbox 360 Pro $300
Wireless Adaptor $100
One Year Xbox Live Subscription $50
Rechargable Batteries or Charge Station $10-$30
Now your looking at somewhere around $460-$480 in cash for the full experience, thats more than the PS3 which is complete right out of the box and all first party controllers charge with the system.
#2: Online, not nesscearly better than 360 but rather the fact that you have to pay to play online every year which is $50 every year and it has wireless internet intergraded right in the console. Also unlike the 360 it has a web browser in which you can do everything that the 360 has to have special features intergraded in order to use them such as twitter and facebook. Even though it's online service of downloadables isn't as robust as the 360, almost all of its titles are quality titles and very unique games only playable on the PS3.
#3: Blue-Ray, Linux, and Other Compatible Components: The PS3 is compatible with several things that have only previously avalible with computers such as Linux which allows the PS3 to have a very large amount of potential. Also Blue-Ray is a major selling point for the system and allows it games to take up to 50 GB of space so that the games are longer, more detailed graphically and are overall a much better quality.
#4:Unique Exclusives: Now I'm not going to say it has better exclusives because yes I like Halo and Fable and a few other games on the 360, but the following list of exclusives are unique games that could only really be played on the PS3 or done on the PS3 or are just good games in general:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Little Big PLanet
Killzone 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Infamous
Resistance
Resistance 2
Ratchet and Clack Future: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Flower
and much much more.
I think this where I am going to stop for now but I have many more ways to prove the PS3 is superior to the 360.

#1-No, you don't need the wireless adaptor. Some do, no doubt, but I'm in the dark as to why some seem convinced its a critical issue

#2-Again, the gold service isn't something everyone is going to use. Beyond that, I don't really see how $4 a month is such a crippling fee. And as for the browser, sure I'd love to the 360 get one, but how often is someone going to rely on it if they have a computer to begin with?

#3-Wow, Linux!? That's awesome! With that you could do things such as ..Zzzzzzzzzzz... Oh, sorry, I must have fallen asleep. Only the nerdy fringes are going to care about that.

#4-Not a single game you listed couldn't have been done on the 360.

These are some flimsy reasons as to why the PS3 is better.

-President John Adams

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.