Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 16,083

Jazzer94

WebHead wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Oh joy, a remastered collection of games I already played the hell out of last gen. I wouldn't care if Sony had other exclusives worth a damn coming out this holiday, but it and its lazy first-party studios do not. This machine is literally a PS3.5. I'll always be a PlayStation gamer first but I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend like Sony has done a good job. The hilarious thing is there are recent games too that are readily available and two of them (Uncharted 1 and 3) aren't even classics. Good games, nothing more. Yet when Nintendo announces something like Wind Waker HD the same people celebrating the Uncharted Collection were bashing the company left and right. Hypocrisy to the highest degree but that sums up the PS fanbase.

I knew Uncharted 4 was delayed so Sony could push this garbage though, so it is what it is. The sales have allowed Sony to become lazy and complacent and that's exactly what it's been.

Man you sure complain a lot.

ALOT of people, myself included, wanted this to happen. Yes its to make money but it also pads up the release schedule and eases the wait for the sequel. If it bothers people this much then stop buying them.

Man did anyone complain when ps3 got all those HD collections?

When PS3 was getting HD collections it was also getting a steady stream of great exclusives, same can't be said for PS4 currently. Sony have just been riding recently on selling the same game spit shinned which nearly 2 years in is a tad disappointing.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

WebHead

Jazzer94 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Oh joy, a remastered collection of games I already played the hell out of last gen. I wouldn't care if Sony had other exclusives worth a damn coming out this holiday, but it and its lazy first-party studios do not. This machine is literally a PS3.5. I'll always be a PlayStation gamer first but I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend like Sony has done a good job. The hilarious thing is there are recent games too that are readily available and two of them (Uncharted 1 and 3) aren't even classics. Good games, nothing more. Yet when Nintendo announces something like Wind Waker HD the same people celebrating the Uncharted Collection were bashing the company left and right. Hypocrisy to the highest degree but that sums up the PS fanbase.

I knew Uncharted 4 was delayed so Sony could push this garbage though, so it is what it is. The sales have allowed Sony to become lazy and complacent and that's exactly what it's been.

ALOT of people, myself included, wanted this to happen. Yes its to make money but it also pads up the release schedule and eases the wait for the sequel. If it bothers people this much then stop buying them.

When PS3 was getting HD collections it was also getting a steady stream of great exclusives, same can't be said for PS4 currently. Sony have just been riding recently on selling the same game spit shinned which nearly 2 years in is a tad disappointing.

PS3 was also 3/4 years into its lifetime. PS4 isn't a full 2 years old yet. Plus I think after DriveClub Sony is going to focus on quality rather than quantity.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Jazzer94

WebHead wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

PS3 was also 3/4 years into its lifetime. PS4 isn't a full 2 years old yet. Plus I think after DriveClub Sony is going to focus on quality rather than quantity.

You've missed my point, I'm saying that Sony actually had a great library of games before it started churning out remasters and HD collections on PS3 but with PS4 they've got nearly nothing in that department and are just stalling for time.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

WebHead

Jazzer94 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

You've missed my point, I'm saying that Sony actually had a great library of games before it started churning out remasters and HD collections on PS3 but with PS4 they've got nearly nothing in that department and are just stalling for time.

Yeah you have a point. But one must understand that games are costing more to make, as well as getting more complex. Plus according to Yoshida, only about 4 in every 10 first party PS games make their money back/are profitable. And even then, they're used to cover the losses on the other 6 so only 1 or 2 actually bring in returns.

WebHead

Jazzer94

@WebHead Fair point I just think I miss that early PS3 era (first 2 years) where we were getting great new IPs like Uncharted and LBP, I know eventually Sony will get back on track but seeing as they've been on such a sales high I thought the games would be coming about now.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

WebHead

Jazzer94 wrote:

@WebHead Fair point I just think I miss that early PS3 era (first 2 years) where we were getting great new IPs like Uncharted and LBP, I know eventually Sony will get back on track but seeing as they've been on such a sales high I thought the games would be coming about now.

Yeah I definitely think exclusives are important, and Sony definitely needs to step it up a little, but its not really worth it for them to release 11 ps4 exclusives in a year when only 2 maybe 3 of them will make them any money.

WebHead

CanisWolfred

WebHead wrote:

I'm sure some people did, and their complaints were probably as irrelevent and illogical as the PS4 collection complaints...

Also, the only reason the PS3 wasn't getting a crapload of collections in its first 3 or 4 years was because they were too busy releasing straight box collections on the PS2 during that period. I'm pretty sure we never went a year without a re-release on a Sony console, if we even went 6 months without one.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

Lol at any person that buys the Nathan Drake collection even though it doesn't even include all the games in the series.
Lol at any person that buys this at $60.00 for the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta.
Lol at any person that played and owns the series before but wants to do it again at $60.00 just because of graphics.
Lol at any person who damage controls Naughty Dog's stupid reasoning for not including multiplayer even though Last of Us PS4 has multiplayer.
Lol at anyone who honestly didn't play the series before and will buy this for $60.00 instead of finding a way to enjoy the series on PS3 for far less money.
Lol at Sony for ruining the purpose of PlayStation Now.

So yeah... I think the Nathan Drake collection is dumb and an obnoxious ripoff for many reasons. I wouldn't be that mad if it wasn't a full $60.00.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Gamer83

MS is remastering the crap out of stuff too. You don't see me make any comments about that. Why? Because the Xbox One actually has exclusives worth a damn coming this year too. If Sony had something worth a crap to go with Tearaway, God of War, and the Nathan Drake Collection I wouldn't say a damn thing, but they don't and I'm not happy about it. If others don't like it tough, I'm not going to change my opinion because others are perfectly happy with what Sony is doing. When Sony steps it the hell up, I'll shut the hell up, until then, if I don't like what I see I'm going to post about it.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Jazzer94

Blast wrote:

Lol at any person that buys the Nathan Drake collection even though it doesn't even include all the games in the series.
Lol at any person that buys this at $60.00 for the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta.
Lol at any person that played and owns the series before but wants to do it again at $60.00 just because of graphics.
Lol at any person who damage controls Naughty Dog's stupid reasoning for not including multiplayer even though Last of Us PS4 has multiplayer.
Lol at anyone who honestly didn't play the series before and will buy this for $60.00 instead of finding a way to enjoy the series on PS3 for far less money.

So yeah... I think the Nathan Drake collection is dumb and an obnoxious ripoff for many reasons. I wouldn't be that mad if it wasn't a full $60.00.

Yep really only worth it if you've never played the series before.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

CanisWolfred

Gamer83 wrote:

MS is remastering the crap out of stuff too. You don't see me make any comments about that. Why? Because the Xbox One actually has exclusives worth a damn coming this year too.

Like what? Seriously, I haven't been keeping up.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WebHead

Well if Halo 5 ends up like MCC I don't think it's gonna matter. Seriously if something like that happens again 343 won't be making anymore Halo games.

WebHead

WebHead

Gamer83 wrote:

MS is remastering the crap out of stuff too. You don't see me make any comments about that. Why? Because the Xbox One actually has exclusives worth a damn coming this year too. If Sony had something worth a crap to go with Tearaway, God of War, and the Nathan Drake Collection I wouldn't say a damn thing, but they don't and I'm not happy about it. If others don't like it tough, I'm not going to change my opinion because others are perfectly happy with what Sony is doing. When Sony steps it the hell up, I'll shut the hell up, until then, if I don't like what I see I'm going to post about it.

And you'd be the first to complain if anything they made was buggy or glitchy. Yet you want games ASAP. These things, they take time.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

CanisWolfred

Am I the only one with a backlog of PS4 games? Even strictly retail games, I have 17 that I have yet to finish, heck, I haven't even started a lot of them. :/ I don't need them to put out games at a faster rate - they could go two years without new releases and I probably wouldn't even notice...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83

WebHead wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

And you'd be the first to complain if anything they made was buggy or glitchy. Yet you want games ASAP. These things, they take time.

Damn right, because if a game is buggy the developers deserve to hear it. But even games delayed 11 months, DriveClub, can have issues. Once again, you're perfectly happy that's fine. I'm not, tough deal with it. If you don't like it don't read my posts. That f'ing simple.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Ralizah

Blast wrote:

Then don't buy it.

Your obnoxious post is wrong, anyhow. $60 for a set of games on a system I own costs much less than buying them plus a system I don't own. I'm not sure why I have to keep explaining this to you people: not everyone owned a PS3 last gen. I want to play these games, and don't care about multiplayer either way. This package is a PERFECT deal for me and many other people who never owned a PS3.

As for PS Now, there's just enough input lag that I don't enjoy playing games on it. If you want to blow money on overpriced game rentals, be my guest. I'll be enjoying three Uncharted games, running at smoother framerates, for the price of one normal PS4 game. Sounds like a steal to me, personally.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Blast

Ralizah wrote:

Blast wrote:

Then don't buy it.

Your obnoxious post is wrong, anyhow. $60 for a set of games on a system I own costs much less than buying them plus a system I don't own. I'm not sure why I have to keep explaining this to you people: not everyone owned a PS3 last gen. I want to play these games, and don't care about multiplayer either way. This package is a PERFECT deal for me and many other people who never owned a PS3.

As for PS Now, there's just enough input lag that I don't enjoy playing games on it. If you want to blow money on overpriced game rentals, be my guest. I'll be enjoying three Uncharted games, running at smoother framerates, for the price of one normal PS4 game. Sounds like a steal to me, personally.

You want it? Go for it. When the Nathan Drake Collection inevitably comes to PS5 and some people say... "I've never owned a PS4 so this great!!!" Will you even say anything? I'm so sure this will happen to PlayStation 5.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ralizah

Blast wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Blast wrote:

Then don't buy it.

You want it? Go for it. When the Nathan Drake Collection inevitably comes to PS5 and some people say... "I've never owned a PS4 so this great!!!" Will you even say anything? I'm so sure this will happen to PlayStation 5.

Would I say anything? Of course not. I'd let the Uncharted virgins enjoy their game.

Given Sony's current interests, though, I do have to wonder if the next Playstation will even be a traditional gaming console.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Faruko

I still think is a worthy package, but this is just because most remaster go for $50 and only include one game. If remaster were cheaper (as they should be, you greedy discolored shirts) i think this would be waytoo much, but they are not, and the market defines what should be the price of it.

$60 for the 3 Uncharted games with 1080p/60fps and (hopefully) a texture facelift, its very well worthy. So far only Halo: MCC, Uncharted collection and Metro Redux (that they even let you buy each game separately) are the worthy ones.

But i do still think its pretty awful not to include the multiplayer (even though i never cared about it, always felt... "not good"), and mostly because their excuse is that they dont break the communities, which is complete Bu**s*** considering they are 2 different communities to begin with (PS3 and PS4), just say it cost money you dont have.

Edited on by Eel

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Tasuki

WebHead wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

You're not going to get through to him, he just enjoys complaining. I honestly think he's just burnt on games, I am not sure what he expects from this gen but I have given up trying to tell him that it's not bad as it seems. Some people are not happy unless they are complaining I guess.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic