Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,661 to 14,680 of 16,083

jedgamesguy

I added Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition to my library even though I already own the game physically. It means that if the CD breaks I'll have some neat insurance.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

kkslider5552000

I honestly think if the date for Ps3 and Vita were just a year later, it wouldn't have been as bad and it certainly wouldn't have gotten the level of backlash it got.

Let's be honest, it still would be bad. Companies can very, very easily afford to keep these stores up, it is not a real issue. However, giving people like 4 months was the worst idea. No one has time or money for that, cmon.

I'm just beyond happy I don't have to worry about this immediately. Not only was I going to spend probably 200 bucks on old games on PS3, but I was also going to look into whatever memory card or the like PS3 uses, to see if I can get one. I actually can't tell you what it uses right now, I don't keep track of that. The whole thing would've been frustrating and annoying and mildly expensive.

oh yeah and also my HD tv is still ****ed, ugh. So that's already a thing on top of anything else. So seriously, thank god they changed their minds.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Zeldafan79

@TheJGG
I too have it on disc but still downloaded it anyway. Heck it's free why not?

@kkslider5552000
Still surely it will go down eventually but I'm just glad it's not in the very near future. I wasn't thrilled having to think about which PSN games to panic buy before it all went to down the crapper.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Buizel

PS3/Vita backtracking is a relief. I'm at a point now where it's clear that I'm never going to play all of the retro games (or even current-gen games) than I'm interested in...so I was tempted to say "screw it" and let all but the games I was sure about get left behind. At the very least I now have the PS3 Ratchet and Clank games, Infamous 1 & 2 and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time to look forward to.

Now this gives me a bit more time to reflect on the more niche titles and whether I can really find the time and money for them, rather than just panic buying in the moment or ditching a lot of promising games.

It's a shame that we've already lost some titles in the process - most notably some PSone classics, and I don't see Sony going to any effort to restore / preserve these (there may be licenses here that haven't been renewed based on the news or something, who knows). sigh alas poor Tombi 2.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

klingki

TheJGG wrote:

I added Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition to my library even though I already own the game physically. It means that if the CD breaks I'll have some neat insurance.

I don't even own a PlayStation, but I made a Sony account online and have been claiming all the free games anyway, haha

If I ever get a PS, I'll have a sweet library waiting for me!

klingki

Ralizah

@klingki Basically what I'm doing with PS5's PS+ games. Once I get the console, I'll have a small library of games to play on it from day one.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jump

The reviews for Returnal have started popping up, one called it an indie game but just looks AAA. I'm not sure if that's an insult or compliment.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

I think that just means the graphics are great, and everything else is very basic.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

@Dezzy They were talking about difficulty curves, referencing Hades that type of thing. I just found it a funny way to describe it as it can be taken as a pro or con.

I was hoping for more a straight psychological horror type game but it's on my list if I ever get round to getting a PS5.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@Dezzy That would only be true if indie games are very basic.

Problem with Returnal is that I don't want to spend €80 on a game I won't know if I'll like. I don't like procedural games, and I'm not really a big fan of the Dark Souls/Hades type stuff; high difficulty, heavy on combat, etc. And this seems to incorporate some bullet hell features as well. Thematically it's right up my ally, and I don't hate those games by default. It's just a big risk for a game that doesn't look quite as good as other Sony games.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah basic was the wrong word. I just meant low-budget really. Obviously you can do complex things on low budget too.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Putting aside the rather absurd price of the game, it is interesting to see what amounts to an indie dev being given a massive budget to work with. I don't necessarily mind that approach, either, since I think the Western AAA scene has been running on fumes creatively for years.

When the game hits its real price of $40 in a few months, I think a lot more people will be picking it up.

Edited on by Ralizah

Magician

Battlefied 5, Wreckfest, and Stranded Deep for PS+ May games.

Looking forward to playing Wreckfest, but the other two? Meh.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Trivia thing, today (29 April 2021) is my 4th Anniversary of White PS2 Slim Japan purchase day. 😀
The machine that i dedicated to play BEMANI games (DDR, Para Para Paradise, DrumMania, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, KeyboardMania, Martial Beat PS1), K-1, Bomberman games and various quirky games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

PlusUltra

Last week was a slow gaming week for me but before that I was enjoying the heck out of killzone mercs. I didn't think the game could get any better but the store closure potentially initiated the return of many mercs.

Also been playing playstation all stars more. I have more appreciation for stage hazards and transitions after playing one piece gigant battle which is a cool amazing smash genre style game for the ds.

Ratchet and kratos are soo well done, i enjoyed cole and raiden too. Also as someone that doesnt chase specs the game looks great to me minus the bland menu. Been playing Dragon's crown too.

Its really cool of Sony to reverse their decision to keep the vita and ps3 store up. Although the psp is still getting the axe. There were just so many psp games that added life to the vita. I mention star wars battlefront all the time which isnt a looker or the best running version but packs quite a punch as a good handheld star wars game.

Force unleashed isnt just a good game but a great game and having both on a handheld and in digital form that would outlast umds is a win within itself. But before sony ever brought either to the vita's store, there was dead head Fred.

I cant say I like every aspect of the game like how some of his heads are worthless or purely there for gimmicks, but the game in my opinion is still one of the greatest psp games of all time.

Mutated rooster fights, pinball, pool, you name it fred does it all as a side gig however his main gig was using his own noire detective savvy to solve his own headless predicament. The day it becomes unavailable is the day its abscense becomes a disservice to all playstation fans everywhere.

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

Ralizah

I gotta say, I'm not even a Naughty Dog fan, and I still find the idea of that developer wasting years remaking a game that was released two separate times in the last decade to be almost cripplingly disappointing.

This will probably also be the second generation in a row without a new IP from them.

@Octane Yeah, but, you know, releasing games at a sensible MSRP is a better way of naturally encouraging people to buy at "f***ing full price."

The funny thing, though, given the Bloomberg reporting and Sony's own behavior, is that you know the real reason Days Gone is on the outs as a franchise is because it flopped critically. Sony's image is increasingly tied to its cinematic 'prestige games' now, so if you want a new first-party property to survive on PS5 without the blessing of the almighty Metacritic average, your games has to sell extremely well.

Octane

@Ralizah ND is rumoured to be working on a new IP at the moment. They pretty much have two teams AFAIK.

I personally couldn't really care about a Days Gone sequel. It was definitely one of the better open world games I've played, but I don't need another one. Though I agree that the reason why they're not making one is a weird one. Surely it was a success, and this creates just even more tension between and within the studios.

Returnal is getting great reviews though..!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic