Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,601 to 14,620 of 16,083

jump

@Dezzy Well originally originally it was set for last year, I think it was meant to be a PS5 launch title. I'm not sure what it's last release date was for.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

Is this the exact same group who did the Dishonored games?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

@jump @Dezzy The game was meant to come out next month; so a delay like this is unprescedented.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Dezzy

@TheJGG

I'm pretty sure that's precedented.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy Returnal was delayed a month. This is five; so it must be a very dramatic reason other than the usual COVID.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ralizah

So... The Last of Us is getting a PS5 remake, I guess. Pretty bizarre, IMO, and it means we probably won't be seeing anything new out of them for quite a while.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah I mean, we'll have to see how this all unfolds, but scaling down Japan Studio, another TLOU remake, no Days Gone sequel which people were hoping for, doesn't sounds great all things considered.

Though, I don't have an issue with Bend trying something new, as I prefer new IPs over sequels. And Sony needs some studios that don't just do a sequel to their PS4 games. The reason why this is all happening is more worrying indeed.

Octane

Octane

@Zuljaras More than likely it's something to line up with the HBO series, so they can cash in on new fans of the show who haven't played the OG game, IDK.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Looks like Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War, TLoU is this gen's equivalent of Halo, Gears, Forza.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i'm so curious, excited and nervous to wait the day i will purchase KeyboardMania 1 + 2 PS2.
I have never played piano before but KeyboardMania looks fun as Beatmania IIDX and Pop'n Music.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Zuljaras Hadn't even thought of that but, maybe? I'm not sure the fans are going to like that...

Octane

Maaryotyme

Meanwhile I’m curious about princess games on PlayStation One

Maaryotyme

Ralizah

@Octane @Zuljaras I could definitely see them altering character models and plot elements to reflect the new HBO series.

And including elements that tie it more explicitly to TLOU Part II.

There's going to be a lot of fanboy rage about this remake, I can tell, lol.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

IceClimbers

That news doesn't reflect well on Sony at all. Them attempting to turn Bend into a support studio and rejecting a pitch for Days Gone despite the first being profitable is worrying.

This obsession with blockbuster hits makes me worried for the future of franchises like Ratchet & Clank.

Also remaking The Last of Us is the most asinine waste of resources I've heard of in a while.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

So... The Last of Us is getting a PS5 remake, I guess. Pretty bizarre, IMO, and it means we probably won't be seeing anything new out of them for quite a while.

Imagine having the budget to remake a game for the PS5 and having the entire history of Playstation exclusives to choose from.

Metal Gear Solid? Symphony Of the Night? Ape Escape? Legend of Dragoon?

Nope, lets go with the game that no-one wants a remake of, because it's already perfect and hasn't aged at all. I'm sure they'll do a great job and it'll be a high quality product, but the opportunity cost is completely ridiculous.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy They only own the latter two. But let's be honest, this is going to sell more than an Ape Escape remake.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I could've sworn one (or both) of those was published by Sony, but yeah apparently not. Maybe I'm thinking of FF7.

I'm not sure it will sell that much more than Ape Escape would! Ape Escape 1 was an incredible game that did really well at the time. A lot of people just won't bother with TLOU because the PS4 version is good enough.

Octane

@Dezzy How many copies did Ape Escape even sell? I'd have a hard time imagining it being more successful than Knack these days.

TLOU has been a top seller for Sony. If they add in enough new content and line it up with the show, people will buy it. That will sell a couple of millions guaranteed.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic