Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,561 to 14,580 of 16,083

Octane

@Dezzy There are a bunch of upcoming games that could be good. No idea if they're next gen only though. That Hogwarts game springs to mind. Could be a disaster though. Jedi Fallen Order 2 will be great, but it's not a 'new' property. I don't know what else companies are working on. I'm certain BG&E and Skull and Bones are vaporware at this point. Deep Down? Hah.

Octane

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy The size of the patch notes implies this is the main rollout for game fixes. Indeed, the roadmap shown tells us that we'll get more updates in the future, including free DLC, and next-generation console upgrades, by the end of the year.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Grumblevolcano

@TheJGG I think the sign of when it's been fixed enough would be Sony putting the game back on the PS4 store.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

Of course @Grumblevolcano, it’s obvious that the game returning to the PS Store represents the game having leapt from unacceptable to passable.

What makes me curious is what CD Projekt Red will do after all the fixes have been released. They say that they’re prioritising the fixes at the moment but intend to focus on adding content after.

They’d better not stop at the fixes, as many people have rightly mentioned the issues with this game lie much deeper than performance. A lot of content promised in E3 trailers doesn’t exist. And I’d expect that the time that should have been spent making this content was spent fixing bugs before launch.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Galaxyman88

Honestly this doesn’t affect me since i haven’t used PS3 & PSP in over a decade. Sucks for those who cares tho.

Edited on by Galaxyman88

Galaxyman88

Dezzy

Ok well the Cyberpunk patch is live. I've watched a few comparison videos on youtube, and it seems to have improved the framerate by about 1 or 2 fps, Lol.

Still definitely not 30 on base consoles. What the hell are they playing at? What have they spent all this time doing? It's gonna take like an entire year before the game is actually working as intended, isn't it?

Such an unbelievable face plant by them.

edit: The PS4 version seems quite a bit better than the Xbox version actually. PS4 is closer to consistent 30fps. Maybe they deliberately focused more on that because they want to get it back up for sale on PSN?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

TheJGG wrote:

They’d better not stop at the fixes, as many people have rightly mentioned the issues with this game lie much deeper than performance. A lot of content promised in E3 trailers doesn’t exist. And I’d expect that the time that should have been spent making this content was spent fixing bugs before launch.

Basically what I have to say on the latest fiasco @Dezzy. Now that the patch has proved to do little to fix the damn problem, they'd better start to make the game look like... the game people were promised in 2018.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dezzy

@TheJGG

I think quite a few features were just genuinely removed because they couldn't get them running as they'd liked.

Something like a fully controllable flying car, like they had originally planned, is gonna be an absolute nightmare to get working properly, so I totally understand why they cut that.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy If the base game version of Cyberpunk 2077 can't run properly as is I have absolutely no idea how they could accomodate custom apartments, accessible rooms for behind every door in the city, and flying cars.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BraniclesUK

@Grumblevolcano Pretty much expected. Am I right in saying, no new purchases but all old purchases in your download list will still be accessable and transferrable to PSP (if applicable) along with patch downloading still being online?

BraniclesUK

Magician

Mercifully, I have the only PS Vita games I care about physically. PSP is a different story. I have my PS3 loaded with all the PSP and PSone games I care to replay. But even then the PS3 PRAM battery will run dry and I'll lose access to what's on my PS3. Until the battery is replaced anyhow.

I hope some boutique outfit like Analogue produces an Nt Vita down the road.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

TheJGG wrote:

accessible rooms for behind every door in the city

Did they ever claim this would be a feature? Cos that sounds like a quite an extreme promise.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy They said that you could open every door in the city. I’m 95% certain they said that at E3 2018/19.

At least something undisputable was the customisable apartment. From my perspective, an outsider view, that would have really cemented the idea of living in the city.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

You'll probably be pleased to hear that they're adjusting their marketing strategy for future ..... Which should mean several things! A lot less time between announcement & release, they'll show more gameplay but not from very early builds & so on. They're going to be a lot clearer about what's in the game or definitely planned & be careful saying about things they hope to have before they're sure they can do those, etc

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Buizel

Yeah this is pretty inexcusable.

The closest we've had to this on the console front was the Wii/DS delisting a couple of years back...but not only did these consoles have relatively few titles on their online stores, but they were long dead before the delistings, and we were given ample time to prepare.

PS3 and PSP are probably more forgivable than the Vita in this situation - we all knew that digital storefronts couldn't be hosted indefinitely, and we've had a whole console generation between these consoles and now. But the abundance of download-only titles and DLC on the PS3 in particular makes this quite the shame. Plus cross-platform features between PS3, PSP and Vita (e.g. PSone classics shared across all three, download PSP titles being the only way to access them on your Vita) add substantially to the loss. Anyone who picks up a Vita now will be missing out on half of its library.

Vita? It's simply way too soon. Vita was last generation - only two years older than PS4, which is very much an active system. And pulling the plug while indies are still developing, without warning, is simply unforgivable. It's really the final nail in the coffin for the Vita, something they've wanted to sweep under the rug for the longest time, and symbolises greatly their change in attitude at the moment (moving away from legacy content, handhelds, Japanese market).

Sure, in practice, it probably affects very few people. But it's not a good image and it especially doesn't instill confidence in some of Sony's more dedicated fans who may be more active on these older systems.

It really feels like the arrogance of the PS3 all over again.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

TheFrenchiestFry

@timleon The one that I can't let slide is the Vita store cancellation

It's wild they did it this early when the console, albeit infrequently, still gets some supply of games

PS3 and PSP have been long dead. PSP in particular had its specific console PS Store shut down like 7 years ago and it happened right when the console was discontinued worldwide

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

@timleon Even PS3-era Sony was better, frankly. They still cared about their legacy content and weren't actively burning every Japanese and indie bridge they stumbled across. The PS3 was hard to develop for, and their prices for it at launch were insane, but their behavior wasn't... malicious.

I don't even recognize this company anymore. I had kinda played with the idea of getting a PS5 at some point, but, honestly, these people don't deserve my money. I'll just buy Horizon Forbidden West used at some point on PS4 and go all in with Nintendo and PC.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic