Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,541 to 14,560 of 16,084

jump

TheJGG wrote:

I unironically believe that Persona 4 Golden is the only reason the Vita had of existing. I say had, because that game got ported to PC. So now there’s no reason anymore.

There's also the PSP exclusive Valkyria Chronicles games which can be played on Vita.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@Galaxyman88 @Zuljaras Indeed I was referring to PlayStation 5. I don't have internet cuts as often as I used to back when I lived in Africa but being offline friendly is very helpful for people who do.

@jump These games can get ported to Switch because of their one-screen gameplay and all. I wonder if Persona 4 can be put on Switch. No doubt it'll run well but what's stopping Atlus?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Grumblevolcano

I think Sony may announce the shutdowns on March 31st to try and use the Mario delistings as a distraction from gigantic backlash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano I don't see how this will distract? We've known about the Mario delistings for months so there won't be anything new to report here...if anything I think the Sony news would piggy-back off the Mario delistings with articles making a bigger fuss about the fleeting nature of digital storefronts.

I guess maybe it would take the blame off Sony specifically, highlighting it as an industry-wide trend (therefore potentially redirecting the backlash), but the backlash will surely still be there...

@TheJGG Although I like the Vita, I will admit that as time goes on its legacy and general usefulness has somewhat diminished. It never had a strong lineup of exclusives, and a lot of it's strengths were in playing indies and near-console-level titles on the go - a niche that's been taken up by the Switch. A lot of games that I would have been interested in on the Vita have already been released on Switch.

It's great that Vita has access to the entire PSP digital library (RIP come July) and PSone classics (also RIP) though.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

Can i ask about PSP here ?
I have watched from Youtube the way to display PSP on TV by using PSP Component cable.
But my question is, after you display the PSP game on TV screen, how do i play my PSP games after that ?
Do i still have to use my PSP machine to give command inputs and play the games very close to my TV since it plugged with cable ?
Is there any way to play PSP on TV screen with other PlayStation controller being paired (Switch style) ?

Anti-Matter

jump

Zuljaras wrote:

@Anti-Matter Here it is explained pretty well that you use the PSP as a controller AND the machine as well.

https://www.lifewire.com/psp-games-on-your-tv-2792615

For other things I think you need to look for a PS Vita TV.

I'm just quoting this so Anti can read it since he has Zuljaras on the ignore list.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@timleon Like you said at the end of your comment, the backlash not being directed at Sony. For example the reason Don Mattrick didn't get away with his XB1 vision was because the backlash was fully directed at Microsoft.

If Sony didn't do last minute changes to PS4 plans at E3 2013 (some of the major controversial points in Don Mattrick's XB1 vision were planned for PS4 but changed because of the XB1 backlash), the backlash would've been shared between Microsoft and Sony instead of gigantic backlash towards Microsoft and as a result Don Mattrick's XB1 vision would've likely stayed intact and people begrudgingly accept it was the future of gaming.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

I've unlocked Ghost Stance in Ghost of Tsushima and it evokes such a powerful adrenaline rush that it feels as though I'm in the fight. The way it's presented is just amazing, because there’s absolutely no context apart from the rising and powerfully overwhelming urge to humiliate the general by executing him in front of the Mongols.

The way you learn it is also deeply satisfying because you basically one-shot all the enemies in range, and strike such fear into them that the Mongols’ll just freeze and wait to die.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

NEStalgia

Unfortunately new games make money and old games don't. Modern industry is just about maximizing revenue and anything that's not rapidly maximizing revenue gets cut. I imagine the future of all rentals subscriptions will help them justify not supporting legacy content past expiration. "March 31st" is the new normal. Except steam. And maybe xbox

@Dezzy "

Also some kind of force feedback for the rest of your body would be good. Once you can actually walk around properly in 3D space AND things in virtual space can actually touch you, then I think the platform will really take off."

True yakuza vr involves a nail bat!

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Ok so where's the Cyberpunk patch? They announced it a week ago, yet it's still not here?

I'm guessing they were intending it for today but maybe ran into some issues so it got delayed til monday?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

LoL, cdpr ran into issues with a release? No, that sounds impossible!

Launching on ps7 holiday 2077.

NEStalgia

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy Classic Cyberpunk... I guess they delayed it for polish again!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Dezzy

TheJGG wrote:

I guess they delayed it for polish again!

The polish are a demanding people!

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy The Polish delaying the really un-Polish game, for extra Polish.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Dezzy

I have an interesting question. What do people think the first major AAA cross-platform next-gen game will be?
That first game that's only available on next-gen consoles, and really stands out as being something the previous gen couldn't handle. Has to be cross-platform too.
I think Witcher 3 was probably that game for the PS4 and Xbone. That was certainly the first major game that made me decide to finally get a new console.

jedgamesguy

Damn... good question. The Horizon [Zero Dawn] game has been ported to PC but I heavily doubt it'll get put onto the Xbox.

A few weeks ago I would have said The Elder Scrolls VI, but chances of that have vanished because of Microsoft buying Bethesda.

CD Projekt Red have lost a chunk of credo because of the Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco so I won't expect anything from them for at least two years.

Something from Ubisoft wouldn't be out of the question, if the executives could go and do their jobs instead of harassing employees.

EA is the next logical step but their games are, simply put, pathetic, so they wouldn't shine on the next-gen consoles.

All said, I hope we get a racing game that really pushes the limits of next-gen. Now they border pure simulation, able to imitate reality, and next-gen could bridge this gap.

There was an Unreal Engine 5 demo, and I hope that's being turned into a game, it has such fantastic capabilities. Having researched, Unreal Engine 5 should release later this year, so I can guarantee that this specific game in question will be using UE 5. The photogrammetry and CAD scans can be directly imported in, so that could make for a really accurate flight simulator or something.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Dezzy

TheJGG wrote:

A few weeks ago I would have said The Elder Scrolls VI, but chances of that have vanished because of Microsoft buying Bethesda.

That's almost definitely a few years away too. They said Starfield releases first. I'm hoping we don't have to wait that long for a major release!

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I think either FFVII Remake Part 2 or Monster Hunter for PC/PS5/Series X. Monster Hunter has been annual for awhile now so I think 2022 will be Rise Ultimate (also available as DLC) for PC/Switch and then 2023 is when a new game comes out for non-Nintendo consoles.

Though not sure if FFVII Remake Part 2 would come out before then.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic