Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 11,781 to 11,800 of 11,947

Octane

@Dezzy It seems to me that CDPR won't release the game if they need to censor it; so they've got no choice I think. Uncensored Cyberpunk on PS4/5, or no game at all.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Not gonna lie, I was only fine with censorship when it effected trash games like Omega Labyrinth that would've been embarassing to thumb through in a Best Buy bargain bin. If it's actually effecting good games, then I'm genuinely worried. The ESRB already exists to keep mature content out of the hands of minors, and the existance of mature content does immediately devalue its contents, and certain circumstances could even enhance the intended experience. Why worry about risque content that was already previously delt with just fine when PSN still has a probrem with barely-functional asset flips making their way to their platform?

Seriously, Sony, do you really think Devil May Cry 5 having a buttcrack in one cutscene is more damaging to your brand than Life of Black Tiger being on your shop, that people can pay real money for, with no refunds?

They're even using the "think of the children" excuse, as if that still holds water anymore. I just don't understand what they're trying to accomplish. If it was to avoid backlash, they failed. If it was appease parents, they failed by default, because the groups that demand this stuff can't truly be appeased.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Anti-Matter

Hmm....
I wonder if there will be some games like Portal Knights, The Sims 4 & Dragon Quest Builders 2, Funny quirky games on PS5. ūü§Ē

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy It seems to me that CDPR won't release the game if they need to censor it; so they've got no choice I think. Uncensored Cyberpunk on PS4/5, or no game at all.

If Microsoft had any sense, they'd be saying "Sony don't want an adult game. Come be an Xbox console exclusive."

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy That's not how CDPR works. If MS said that, neither platform would get the game

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Microsoft doesn't believe in exclusives anymore anyway, if those xCloud for Switch rumours end up being true even Halo Infinite will be on Switch

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Which is kinda funny, because they're currently also buying up developers and signing exclusivity deals left and right. Games like The Last Night, Tunic, Ashen, etc. I'd get them on Switch of PS4 if they were available there, but now it's the PC version, or waiting for Microsoft to give me a free Xbox

Octane

Ralizah

Censorship and repression always start on the fringes and proceed inward toward the middle. That's just how these things work, and it's why I get frustrated when people cheer on the censorship of games/people/whatever that they don't care for. If things are allowed to progress unimpeded, it WILL eventually affect something or someone you like, because it is the nature of the censor to exert more and more control over the world.

With that said, I don't think even Sony is bold enough to try to touch developers like Rockstar or CDPR at this point. Smaller Japanese developers are easier to go after.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Dezzy

subpopz wrote:

I'm not in the Playstation loop....where is all this censoring coming from? Something must have triggered it, just curious as to what that was that sparked it in only 1 of the big 3.

They say in an interview with the Wall Street Journal that it was done in response to the #MeToo movement.

So they seem to be endorsing the idea that media depictions actually influence real world behaviour. In which case, they should probably be banning violence from their games too, given that the logic is identical (and evidence is equally weak). So Harvey Weinstein was an upstanding fellow until he came across Senran Kagura, basically.

It probably sparked in Sony but not Microsoft/Nintendo because Sony is heavily involved with Hollywood, and Hollywood is where most of the high profile sexual assault cases were happening. So it meant that activists who wanted to push for changes in these kinds of policies had an actual justification for attacking Sony. Whereas Microsoft and Nintendo could more plausibly just ignore those demands and claim they had nothing to do with the whole issue.

I'm just annoyed the US-branch of Sony has this kind of influence. I assumed with it being a Japanese company, we'd be spared the annoying politicization of anything and everything, that happens in the US.

Edited on by Dezzy

PikPi

Also wasn't it something to do with them merging all their different divisions or something to that effect?

PikPi

darkfenrir

Didn't Sony's HQ changed to America too this year?

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Octane

@darkfenrir No. Just the PlayStation brand, but that happened a few years ago.

Octane

Dezzy

I bet that has something to do with it though. Can't imagine they'd be hiding bottoms in Devil May Cry if it was based in Tokyo.

Ralizah

Persona 5 R is launching October 31st in Japan. No additional word on available platforms. I imagine, if we do hear about a Nintendo version, it'll be tomorrow with 5 S.

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@subpopz Most of what @Dezzy said got it right. But I think it's a mix of Sony's overall reorganization to focus Playstation in the US and merge it more tightly with Sony Entertainment overall, and more of their management and liability issues being inextricably linked to their film and music divisions now. To a degree it's just idealists and politics of the existing Columbia/Tristar/BMG/Sony Pictures division flexing their muscles against Playstation now in their domain, but more importantly I think it's a corporate protection issue after the damaging internal email hacks of C/T/SP, the "me too" anti-male movement of the West coast elites that make a core of everything Sony corp, that Sony's just grouping all of entertainment into one basket, washing their hands of the politically costly stuff, and enforcing it company-wide.

Or put another way, Playstation is being stripped so that Columbia/Tristar/Sony Pictures can save face, effort, and political clout. Kaz is very unhealthily obsessed with C/T/SP and it's bleeding into the whole company. He probably should have let it tank and sold it to Disney for a 50% stock swap. It'll cut profitable business this way.

NEStalgia

Tsurii

@Ralizah I don't believe it'll happen whatsoever but if they pull a double release on Switch (lol, as if), I'd be all over that. If 5S is just a port of the first version of the game (for Switch and/or anything else) I'm buying that physical for PS4 and wait for Royal.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Ralizah

@Tsurii Me either. Mainline Persona is Sony exclusive. I'm expecting it'll be a fighting game spin-off, like the Arena games last gen.

Perhaps the Switch might get a port of that, like the Xbox 360 did with the Arena games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

redd214

Lol these comments last couple pages are comedy gold!

It appears to little surprise that this year's COD is going to Modern Warfare 4

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic