Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,781 to 11,800 of 16,083

RR529

@Dezzy, the sidequests are explained as more for teaching Atreus than anything, at least that's how I read it. It allows Kratos to give Atreus scenerios where he can make some of the choices (a lot of the times Atreus himself is the one who wants to go off and explore), and learn from them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

Once again, Microsoft did an excellent job getting me excited for a bunch of multiplatform games that I'll play on the PS4. Except for the Indie games, I'll play those on the Nintendo Switch.

I mean, at least they've stopped being cringe-fests lately. Just trailer after trailer, often with little downtime. So, yeah, so far I'm looking forward to:

• Tales of Arise
  • Elden Ring
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Wasteland 3
  • Cyberpunk 2077 and The Outer Worlds finally getting set release dates of 4/16/2020 and 10/25/2019

And I'm excited to try out the new Borderlands 2 DLC.

Oh, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get Phantasy Star Online 2 on PS4.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

I'm starting to wonder if Cyberpunk 2077 is worthy of all the hype it has been generating. None of the trailers or footage have particularly impressed me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

^Speak for yourself, I've seen more than enough to confirm my purchase. I'm pretty sure the guy who died was the follower character we saw in the previous trailer. I need to rewatch it, but even if it isn't, I feel like they've done a good job setting up what I'm looking for: an engaging choice-filled adventure through a Cyberpunk city. I would've appreciated more gameplay footage, admittedly, not just during a blink-and-you-miss-it highlight reel.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Pretty good conference for Xbox.

I'm most interested in Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, Tales of Arise, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, the LEGO Star Wars game, and maybe Fantasy Star Online 2, Cyberpunk 2077, & that game with the deer, but naturally would be getting them on PS4.

Copied my reaction from the E3 thread.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WebHead

Kinda wish Sony had a State of Play for E3.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

-Green-

Probably wouldn’t change much. This year definitely feels more like a “hey guys we’re setting up for next gen” sort of year

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Speak for yourself, I've seen more than enough to confirm my purchase. I'm pretty sure the guy who died was the follower character we saw in the previous trailer. I need to rewatch it, but even if it isn't, I feel like they've done a good job setting up what I'm looking for: an engaging choice-filled adventure through a Cyberpunk city. I would've appreciated more gameplay footage, admittedly, not just during a blink-and-you-miss-it highlight reel.

In fact, I was speaking for myself. Which is why I said none of the footage had "particularly impressed me."

The gameplay shown last year looked kind of basic. Seemed like a GTA game with extensive dialogue options and some RPG aspects. The dialogue in the trailer shown off this year was very rote and sometimes poorly-written, and the performances by certain characters was uninspired.

It's a very nice looking game, of course, but there's never any shortage of visually impressive games at E3.

I'm hoping it's good. I've wanted a really excellent AAA cyberpunk RPG for as long as I can remember. I just... hope it looks better once more gameplay is shown off. I really want it to be good, but I feel like the emperor has no clothes on right now.

Oh, and Keanu Reeves is cool and all, but I get irritated when we make a big deal out of their models being used in games. Celebrity worship in Hollywood is bad enough: I really don't want to see it become a common thing in video game.

I'll probably get it anyway. It's one of the few AAA games that has consistently kept me hopeful, which is more than I can say for most big third-party releases.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

FF7R is releasing March 3rd, 2020. Part I, at least.

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
FF VII remake felt like a joke to me.
Like same case with FF XV before.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

Just watched the Tales of Arise trailer.

Game looks fun and GORGEOUS.

I'm excited. And I've never played a Tales game for any huge length of time before.

Dezzy

Lol Tales of Arise was probably the best new announcement from Microsoft. A JRPG that will be multiplatform. Lol.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ralizah
FF VII remake felt like a joke to me.
Like same case with FF XV before.

Let me guess. Too adult/mature looking!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
No, not because of too adult or too mature.
The development of FF VII remake got delayed and delayed, same case as FF XV (before that it was FF XIII versus).
I have lost my appetite to follow what's new from FF VII remake progress.
FF VII was really Overrated in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Dezzy It really was. Looks like the Tales series is finally stepping into the 21st century!

Poor Ninja Theory. Nobody seems to care about their new mp game.

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

...I didn't even care enough to notice it was a Multiplayer game. I just saw "Ninja Theory" and my eyes glazed over...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

That sadly looks like a game a previously independent studio makes once they've been bought by a multinational corporation.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FragRed

@Octane It looks like it has potential, but I am really getting bored of CG trailers. I need to see actual gameplay before I can get hyped for anything.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TuVictus

Yeah. Concept looks cool, but can't get hyped over a random cg trailer for a game franchise I've never played

TuVictus

-Green-

Basically the same as above. Can’t really get excited for a game that just shows a cgi concept trailer. Having ambitious or unique ideas is good however

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic