Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,661 to 11,680 of 16,083

FullbringIchigo

@RR529 well first off that thumbnail is obviously a doctored image so i'm not even going to bother watching it because it will just be someone trying to create drama where none exists

but as for her face being wrong well here is Aerith in Advent Children
Untitled

and in the Remake

Untitled

they both look fine to me

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Octane

@RR529 Someone needs to tell Japan that not every girl needs to be a fourteen-year-old lol.

Octane

RR529

@FullbringIchigo, yeah, they mention in the video that the doctored image in the thumbnail was created by a Japanese fan who was trying to "fix" her (the video itself isn't even taking a stance on the issue, just pointing out that it's somehow a thing).

I just posted it because I thought the whole thing was funny.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FullbringIchigo

@RR529 yeah it is kinda funny

i still think it's just someone trying to create drama for the views though

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

EvilLucario

Been playing Ace Combat 7 on PC, and holy crap it is awesome. Assault Horizon Legacy on 3DS was my first Ace Combat game, and I loved it. But 7 is just such a huge jump from there with better level design, very varied mission structure, and awesome graphics that actually serve gameplay purposes. Fancy that.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Rage 2 seems like another disappointing open-world game. I mean, it's got great combat, but so does DOOM, and guess which one has decent pacing and gameplay variety?

I guess I'll pick it up in a year or two when it's ~$15 or whatever, but I guess I can save money for yet another month. At least June's finally gonna be exciting with a couple noteable releases. Judgment, Bloodstained, Samurai Shodown, CTR, and even Super Neptunia RPG. Plus Persona Q2 on 3DS and Super Mario Maker 2 on Switch.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

@CanisWolfred it's pretty good, wouldn't call it disappointing. Definitely has some flaws but I'm really enjoying it myself!

So what's everyone read in this MS/Sony deal. Seems promising, maybe we'll get xCloud on PS5 lol:p

redd214

CanisWolfred

@redd214 It's disappointing to me. All the marketting made it looked like a densely packed thrill-ride, but all the reviews have made it clear that it isn't. I'm glad you're enjoying it, even though at this point, I figure you'll enjoy just about anything...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

@CanisWolfred haha nothing like thinly veiled pot shots early in the morning, thank you lol!!!

redd214

CanisWolfred

redd214 wrote:

@CanisWolfred haha nothing like thinly veiled pot shots early in the morning, thank you lol!!!

We operate on different standards, so it's difficult for me to actually talk to you. You want a game to amuse you. I want a game to be worth the money I pay for it, and the time I invest into it. I don't expect 99.9% of games to meet that criteria, especially as my library expands.

Anyways, just to be clear to everyone: my biggest issue with Rage 2 is the fact that it wasn't what I expected. The marketing got me hyped up, and in general, the stuff id showed at E3 really made me feel like I was getting a good impression off the games there. I was even referring to that presentation as a prime example of how to show off games without all the guff.

But now it's out, and I look at the stuff that was in the trailers in context from gameplay videos and people streaming, and they're painting a completely different picture, and now I feel like an idiot for trusting them. Now I can't even have confidence that any Bethesda published game will be good, it could've all been smoke & mirrors, and games like Doom Eternal - THE game of E3 2018 for me - could turn out to be just as lackluster as Fallout 76 or Rage 2. That really ruins my mood.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

@redd214 It sounds like all 3 (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft) believe that game streaming via the cloud is the future but only Microsoft has the infrastructure to do it so Microsoft's helping Sony and Nintendo not get left behind by Google and whatever other giant corporations joins the battle (like Amazon and Apple).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Octane Well considering most of the fans in Japan are probably 13-18 I suppose 14 seems "about right" for creeping on.

@Grumblevolcano It's distressing that these companies believe cloud gaming is the future when the cloud can't even support gaming outside major metros in the US, and Comcast's monopoly on what we call internet isn't going away any time soon. I feel like they're all betting on the magic bubble of "5G wireless!" because they actually suspect its' going to work. Spoiler: They cannae change the laws of physics. It's not going to work. It'll work fine....in major metros....the same places that already have working wired internet. Betting on radio is like betting on flying cars.

Google WANTS to make it work. What was the last major effort Google actually made work? Search and through it advertising took off. Email took off. Youtube....they bought it fully grown. Almost every other initiative they push goes down in flames, often through their own blundering before consumers even reject it.

Apple....they could make it work...but I'm not sure why they'd want to, And they don't have the data infrastructure for it.

And Amazon has the infrastructure, they'd hit the mass market by including "a seclection" of streamable games Free with Prime (now $880/yr.) But they'd never get the core gaming audience. Their movie streaming is actually good, but their antics of not playing with anyone elses hardware makes it a pain to use. Their music service is awful. I wouldn't have high hopes for gaming. Plus, they have a tightrope of not wanting to step on their retail sales of games, and thus hardware, and thus prime subscriptions and more "eyes" on the shopping cart, their bread and butter. Games retail definitely drives traffic for them. They bought Twitch for that reason.

NEStalgia

redd214

@CanisWolfred well I'm sure there's plenty out there for you bud, unfortunate Rage 2 didn't live up to what you wanted there's tons to play, hope Doom Eternal meets and exceeds your expectations!! And I'm not difficult to talk to at all even if we can disagree on things

On the cloud gaming front, I'm lucky enough to live in a place that can support such things so I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out next couple years as an OPTION vs traditional console/pc setups. Project Stream worked flawlessly in the beta I tried and PS Now has very few hitches when we play it. I don't think traditional gaming is going to be extinct any time within the next decade despite all the doom and gloom.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

WebHead

That Days of Play PS4 Slim LE looks cool.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Gameplay_Matters

Hi guys,

I am thinking about grabbing a PS4 Pro. I might need your advice first, though.

Now, for gaming I absolutely love the Switch. I am in my mid-30s and naturally gaming has a very low priority in my life. Being able to pick up the NSW anytime and anywhere is the reason I can play at all, because actually sitting down in front of the television for more than one hour alone is very unlikely.

No questions, I would love to blast through Doom in 4K, get lost in the world of RDR2 and re-experience Tokyo in Yakuza, though as much as I would love to do that, realistically I never have more than 30min sessions. Console software and game updates already keep me from playing a 10 year old PS3, which is absolutely ridiculous. So my point is that I am not going to buy a PS4 for gaming alone, though I have to admit that it is a tempting feature. It's just that the Switch does offer me more of gaming than I need.

But now my PS3 Slim is annoying me the hell out. I only use it as a BluRay-Player and I have a decent niche collection that I can't find on streams anywhere. But the PS3 fan noise is annoyingly loud and the console gets really hot. I already dismantled it, removed even the smallest dust grain but it didn't help much. I need to replace my PS3.

I recently bought a high-end TV with 4K/HDR (LG OLED Signature Edition) and I don't have any 4K sources yet. So now I am thinking about getting a PS4 Pro to see what the TV can actually do. But for that I need to know:

• Is the fan (much, much, much) quieter than that of the PS3 Slim?
  • Does the PS4 Pro actually play back BluRays? Somehow the homepage is avoiding the topic and only mentioning streaming services like Netflix.
  • Might I be better off with an Xbox one X? (Though for gaming I have to say that the exclusives for Sony are 100 times better.)

Gameplay_Matters

Zuljaras

@Switchcraft
My personal advice is:

• Get PS4 For the exclusives. That is it. But it is enough because the BEST games for this generation are PS4 Exclusives - God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Bloodborne, Uncharted. And you can play all other games as well.
  • Get Xbox One X if you do not need exclusives because the build quality is FAR superior to PS4 Pro. It is so much quieter and has better performance than the PS4. The difference in fan sound/heat is extraordinary!

Edited on by Zuljaras

WebHead

@Zuljaras If I were you I'd save your money and get the Slim instead. Its cheaper smaller and quieter and games still look and run great on it.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

FullbringIchigo

@Switchcraft honestly yeah get a Pro, i know the XB1X is more powerful but power isn't the be all and end all, the Pro still outputs at 4K and yes it plays blu-rays and DVD's and it has a much better exclusive lineup than the XB1

of course you could just get a PS4 Slim and wait for the PS5 because i imagine it's not far off (probably a few years), that way you save money, still get access to all the great exclusives AND they still look really good too

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic