Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,422

TheFrenchiestFry

So about those mystery posters that were being hyped up on the website for the Persona 25th Anniversary merch...

Untitled

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

Turns out they were just the key art from the Persona 20th Anniversary promotion and the pre-release advertisement for the Japanese release of Persona 4 from 2008.

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

Yeah, after looking through twitter a bit after the announcement, I found out that the posters were mainly just gacha, with you getting a set assortment with 1 or 2 random ones that change depending on what merch box you got. I still think Persona 6 has a likely chance of being announced relatively soonish, but the merch listings probably don't indicate anything.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Grumblevolcano

SMTV age rating sometime this week got updated to 16+ on the UK eshop which matches the boxart (was 12+ since the eshop page was put up in the first place). Makes me think if there does end up being a Direct soon, Nintendo will give the game another big spotlight like they did at E3 and then eshop preorders go live straight after the Direct.

Metroid Dread and SMTV are definitely being promoted a lot more than Nintendo usually would for games like those.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

16+ is typically the European age rating it gets, it's the equivalent to SMT/Persona being M-rated in North America

It's also probably going to be heavily pushed by Nintendo to an extent we haven't really seen an SMT game gain in terms of marketing publicity from them before in the lead up to release. It's already being spotlighted a ton in Europe given they're publishing it for Atlus there

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

I really get the feeling that SMT V is going to be one of the most popular entries in the series, now that more people are interested in the main series due to Persona.

Honeybee0

Welp idk about y’all but Smtv is definitely getting promoted like all hell. At GameStop there is promo for upcoming games and smtv is one of them. This really surprised me considering how hard the marketing has been online I didn’t even think that’d they’d bother doing a lot of irl promo, I’m extremely happy tho cause not only does this mean that Nintendo is definitely pulling out all the stops to promote this game, it means that Nintendo see's this game as their new big exclusive jrpg of the year.

Honeybee0

TheFrenchiestFry

Untitled

Happy 25th anniversary to the original "Megami Ibonroku Persona" for PlayStation, and by extension, the Persona series. Without it I would've never gotten into MegaTen or Atlus RPGs so I owe this series a lot since these games were and still are a big part of my enthusiasm for RPGs and gaming.

Here's to the next 25.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

I hope tomorrow will bring news of one of the new projects, but I get the feeling that they're probably going to wait for their TGS booth to talk about it.

TheFrenchiestFry

PERSONA 25TH SEPTEMBER ANNOUNCEMENT

Highlights:

• All Persona anime series streamable in Japan on Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, FOD, ABEMA, and other region specific services (including Persona 3 The Movie series, P4 Animation, P4G Animation, P5 Animation, the P5 OVAs such as The Day Breakers and Stars and Ours, as well as for the very first time since originally being aired, Trinity Soul), as well as Persona 5: The Stage (stage adaptation that was playing live in Japan a while back)
  • Persona Symphonic concert being held in Japan/livestreamed on November 21st
  • Next announcement scheduled for December

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Yeah I wasn't expecting anything too crazy for the first announcement. Maybe some big stuff will drop at the live concert since concerts usually coincide with Persona game information as has been seen in the past

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

Ah, so it's not going to just all be games then. It'll be a combo of games, merch, and other announcements. November and December seem to be the months to look forwards to more I guess.

MsJubilee

Atlus pulled an Atlus.

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

Playing through Batman Arkham City, inFAMOUS Second Son, and Jenny LeCLue

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheFrenchiestFry

@MsJubilee I wouldn't exactly call it an "Atlus pulling an Atlus" moment if only because Persona at this point is way more than just the games. Stuff like this usually tends to precede the bigger announcements that apply worldwide rather than just Japan. It works a lot like Pokemon in that way

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

I felt no presence at the Playstation Showcase was a hint that the first announcement was smaller scale as for the most part Persona is a Playstation franchise. Similarly, given the December timing for announcement 2 I feel if there's nothing at the Game Awards that it'll also be smaller scale.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

https://atlus.com/the-persona-25th-anniversary-celebration-be...

Atlus West has now dropped a version of the Persona 25th Anniversary website specific to English players as well as a selection of celebratory wallpapers for PC/mobile

A distinction with the English site is that it doesn't list concrete dates for each announcement, which makes me think that if something announced during one of the Japan slots has worldwide crossover, they'll just update the site instead of teasing it beforehand

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

Only Prime Video Japan? Oh no...

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

TheFrenchiestFry

@Alex90 Yeah all the anime content is Japan exclusive in terms of streaming for now.

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

The only thing I wished was that Royal would get an anime, which would be effectively a do-over for the persona 5 anime, covering the base game and the royal content, with better animation.

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight Honestly I've lost pretty much all faith in A-1 Pictures after P5A. The previous team doing these Persona anime series were so much better and more consistent, and really the only thing of note A-1 did right was the Persona 3 movie series

A Royal Animation would probably end up feeling even more forced and arbitrary at this point than Golden Animation was

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic