Forums

Topic: PS5 Late Christmas 2019?

Posts 61 to 79 of 79

Anti-Matter

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@Anti-Matter Is MTO still around? Their games were a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

MTO still making games on 3DS.
Well, for Nintendo Switch I still have no idea what kind of games they will bring.
Possibly Ochaken series or Kawaii Koinu / Koneko again.
But i think Nippon Columbia did better on 3DS from their games Akogare Girls Collection. (The reason i consider Japanese 3DS games on this year)
And there will be 3 games from Nippon Columbia on Nintendo Switch such as Sumikko Gurashi and Gajirisu (if i remembered the title, better check on playasia).

Anti-Matter

Trajan

@anti-matter: Most kids play shooting games.

I've never even heard of most it the things you have listed. If Nintendo followed your plans, they would be out of business in less than a month. 5 people would own a Switch.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
"I've never even heard of most it the things you have listed."

Welcome to my gaming world.
Of course you have never heard before because most of my games are Hidden gems / Underdog games, the games that Not targeted for Male gamers by mostly. You can see my Signature at the Bottom, the reason i gave 10 / 10 for Dance Dance Revolution, the game that might be Niche for Mainstream gamers but an Absolute PERFECT game for me.
What is AAA for Mainstream Male gamers out there = Mostly garbage for me, but what is Niche / Underdog for Mainstream Male gamers = AA or AAA for me.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
In my country Indonesia, DDR was used to be Famous, but not anymore lately.
Luckily, there are still some Game Arcade in my town have the newest DDR machines (DDR X2, DDR X3, DDR A), even tough just only Me play DDR frequently.

Anti-Matter

KryptoniteKrunch

@Anti-Matter

Well Villager from AC is secretly an axe murderer, so how do you feel about that?

On topic, yeah, I can't see the PS5 being late next year. I say late 2020. As already mentioned, there are quite a few games in the pipeline for PS4 and PS4 sales still really high... I know it won't happen, but I hope the PS5 is a hybrid.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Cobalt

To all the blind people who don't get how the business works, here is some news directly out of the mouth of Yoshida !

-Yoshida, without naming the “next-gen hardware” PlayStation 5 said that “At this point, what I can say is it’s necessary to have a next-generation hardware”.-

https://www.thenerdmag.com/sony-president-and-ceo-kenichiro-y...

Cobalt

Anti-Matter

Cobalt wrote:

To all the blind people who don't get how the business works, here is some news directly out of the mouth of Yoshida !

-Yoshida, without naming the “next-gen hardware” PlayStation 5 said that “At this point, what I can say is it’s necessary to have a next-generation hardware”.-

Oh, PS5 eh ?

But trust me, it will NOT impressed me as i Hypnotized by The Sims 4 & FF XII on PS4 before.
Streaming gameplay ? NO Thanks !

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter just maybe you are not the target audience. Maybe they don’t want you to buy. Just carry on playing the sims on PS4. Maybe they get sims on ps5 with ultra hd hunky six pack men and it will hypnotise you to buy

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Alantor28

Cobalt wrote:

That still doesn't mean it will release in 2019. U are pulling stuff out of your behind. Geez, it's no wonder you're not banned yet.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Alantor28

And another thing, there's still no word on a release date for the PS5. So in the immortal words of Vaan from Final Fantasy XII:

"Don't Listen to Cobalt's lies!"

Cobalt

@Alantor28

Again, some fresh news just for you !

Rings a bell ?

Untitled

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Alantor28

Cobalt wrote:

@Alantor28

Again, some fresh news just for you !

Rings a bell ?

Untitled

Whatever man. You're full of it. No way will PS5 be released next year. I can't believe how deluded you are.

erv

So, the sense making mechanisms of the brain dictate that they hire someone, who is hopefully on board at the beginning of 2019, then gets to finalise and fully coordinate the final build. Of course there's tech and concepts ready, but they clearly need someone to help tie it all together. Which then needs to have proper messaging, communications, production and rollout. Late 2019 is... ambitious. 2020 seems more likely to be honest.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Cobalt

@erv Don't forget that 2019 starts in March 2019 until March 2020 in the industry...

Cobalt

Dezzy

Cobalt wrote:

What does "necessary" even mean in this context? Obviously it was going to happen. Did anyone seriously think they were going to just inexplicable abandon the hardware business?
While computing technology keep improving, they're gonna keep making new consoles. If they didn't, then they'd lose the graphical edge and everyone would just buy gaming PCs instead.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Buizel

I think the PS5 will build on the PS4 in some way. Same architecture, fully backwards compatible with the PS4, but with exclusive games. I can see them doing that as soon as 2019 but more likely 2020.

Either that or go down the hybrid route.

I honestly can't see them pulling a PS4 (i.e. completely new hardware, no backwards compatibility) again, especially with diminishing returns on power and a potential drought of exclusive next-gen titles to begin with.

At least 2'8".

Octane

@Buizel Well, a 'hybrid' would mean a completely different architecture. Anyway, I think you're right, no reason to change the current x86 set-up.

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Alantor28 I'd be absolutely shocked if PS5 was released that soon. I think 2020 is a much more likely scenario. I'd really hope Sony doesn't just give us PS5, the slightly more powerful PS4 pro, lacking backwards compatibility with previous systems... If they chose not to support backwards compatibility again, then I really, really hope that the PS5 is something truly new. With distinct new features.

I'd like to dream that the PS5 is a better PS4, with full support going all the way back to PS1 - and the ability to save PS1 and PS2 games to a hard-drive. Further I'd hope they continue support for PSVR and have support for 4K Blue Ray out of the box.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.