Forums

Topic: Ono lacks the budget & staff Street Fighter V; Ultra SF4 is PS360/PC "at this moment"

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

shingi_70

This company

Untitled

Its apparently due to capcom's fighters are declining in sales. (This is what happens when you releases like 5 versions of the same game)

You'd think they'd want to get on next gen consoles milk that and start doing the eventual ports. I mean SFIV sold well for a reason and the fighter market isn't dead Injustice and Mortal Kombat prove that. Plus KI is getting pretty good buzz as well.

I guess all of the companies resources have gone toward Deep Down which we all know is Dragon's Dogma 2.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

I'm sorry...but did I hear "Ultra Street Fighter 4"?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SheldonRandoms

I'll wait for the "Super Ultra Mega Deluxe Awesome Special Street Fighter IV Hyper Turbo Hadoken Edition"

..........But since that won't happen (I hope), hopefully this will be the last of the Street Fighter 4 series, after Ultra, just stop and save those ideas for a possible Street Fighter V one day.

Also, Alex better be the 5th fighter.

Untitled

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AlexSays

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Also, Alex better be the 5th fighter.

Don't worry I'm working on it

AlexSays

LzWinky

WaveBoy wrote:

Why not release Ultra on the Wii U? Heck, I probably wouldn't get it anyways.

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Kyloctopus

I really like Street Fighter. But they can only milk a franchise for so long. I don't like to see one of my favorite developers be like this.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Tasuki

I honestly dont know why people are so upset at Capcom milking the SF series. Heck by now they should be use to it. Doesn't anyone remember Street Fighter II and how many versions it had? Never heard anyone complain about them milking it than, Heck people still lined up at arcades to play them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

So long as they keep charging $15 or less to get update the game you already own, I'm fine with it, honestly. It's having to fork over $40 or more per game that I don't like, but luckily they stopped forcing that after Super.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Knux

The simple fact that some form of Street Fighter IV is on the 3DS but not on the Wii U shows just how much third parties abhor the Wii U, and rightly so.

Knux

shingi_70

Tasuki wrote:

I honestly dont know why people are so upset at Capcom milking the SF series. Heck by now they should be use to it. Doesn't anyone remember Street Fighter II and how many versions it had? Never heard anyone complain about them milking it than, Heck people still lined up at arcades to play them.

I wasn't born until 92.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

KingMike

You missed
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Three of them were released on the SNES, and were priced at least at $70 each. (over $100 if you take inflation into account).
Though other consoles only get one version, I think, I can remember hearing in 1992 it was a real killer app for the SNES when SFII was released. Then those fans got real angry in early '93 when Capcom announced Champion Edition was getting ported to the Genesis. As diehard fans were ready to buy a Genesis and another $60 copy of the game so they could finally play as the four boss characters (I remember reading EGM of people trying to make Game Genie codes to just magically make the bosses playable in the original SNES game, not really understanding GG was far from magical, being able to swap at most 5 BYTES of the ROM), THEN Capcom suddenly springs SFII TURBO for the SNES. And now the Genesis fans feel robbed they're not getting it FASTER. (okay maybe they were also upset because the Genesis version had pretty crappy graphics until Capcom gave the game a big facelift right before release)
It was probably sounds hilariously whiny when you look back at it, but it was serious business at the time.

KingMike

Ryno

Finally, this has been the version I have been waiting for.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

Presumably this is because the budget is going towards his hospital bills.

/still angry at Capcom

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.