Forums

Topic: My First Xbox 360, otherwise known as my attempt to play some of the great games of the last generation that I missed because of poor third-party support on the Wii and the Wii U

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

Danrenfroe2016

Okay my first question, is there any Xbox 360 in the world that actually works properly for more than 20 minutes in a row?

I have been so frustrated this last few days I bought a used Xbox 360 slim on five miles, and it would lock up before I even got done with the setup, no red rings of death or anything it would just freeze, music stops and everything. Received a refund and gave him the borked console back. So I bought a used Xbox 360 Slim 4 gigabyte from GameStop, it would work a little longer I was able to get it set up and then I started playing Quake 4 and it would freeze about 5 to 8 minutes in.

I was thinking well maybe it's a bad disc or something so I I was thinking well maybe it's a bad disc or something so I just put it on youtube, not even playing a video just idle on YouTube and it would freeze up in less than 20 minutes.

so anyway I am taking this Xbox back to get another one from Gamestop.

I have never had trouble like this ever in my entire life. WTF?

Anyway I think I will just keep switching out Xbox 360 at GameStop until I find one that will actually play a game.

Has anyone here had this much trouble with the supposedly fixed newer versions of the Xbox 360?

Danrenfroe2016

gcunit

Why not get a PS3 instead - a much better list of exclusives on that, plus all the same multiplats. Probably slightly more robust than the 360 too.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

I got my first 360 two years after release and never had a single issue with it. Thankfully. Our newer 360 with built in wifi has also never had any issues.

If you end up keeping one, you should try Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, which is a ridiculously fun animal raising sim and the system's best exclusive, imo.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

I got my first 360 two years after release and never had a single issue with it. Thankfully. Our newer 360 with built in wifi has also never had any issues.

If you end up keeping one, you should try Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, which is a ridiculously fun animal raising sim and the system's best exclusive, imo.

Nuh-uh! Crackdown is! (Followed by The Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia)
How could you-

Ralizah wrote:

imo.

Oh. Well, carry on, then.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

6ch6ris6

gcunit wrote:

Why not get a PS3 instead - a much better list of exclusives on that, plus all the same multiplats. Probably slightly more robust than the 360 too.

because many ps3 multiplats run bad. the question about better exclusives is relative. i think the 360 has way better exclusives. only thing interesting on ps3 is mgs4

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Dezzy

Why not just get an Xbone and use the backwards compatibility. The list is pretty long at this point!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

6ch6ris6 wrote:

gcunit wrote:

because many ps3 multiplats run bad. the question about better exclusives is relative. i think the 360 has way better exclusives. only thing interesting on ps3 is mgs4

Only the stuff from the first few years that aren't worth playing anymore due to this past decade's excessive obsession with online multiplayer modes that usually run out of players in less than a year. There are also a lot more exclusives on the PS3 with worthwhile singleplayer modes, and with a much greater diversity, to boot.

Granted, it still comes down to tastes. Even the PS3 has had some noteable technical issues (especially the first slim models. I went through two of those. I hear some of the Phats had problems, too), so it's not like it's a completely safe bet to switch over.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xyphon22

Yeah, I recently got a PS3 for the same reason and I have to pull it out into the middle of the room every time I use it to keep it from overheating and shutting off within 5 minutes of turning it on. At least so far there haven't been any other problems, though.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

kkslider5552000

to be fair, I think there's a number of beloved games on both consoles that everyone agrees are worse on Ps3. (The Orange Box, Skyrim, and Bayonetta come to mind)

From what I understand, newer Xbox 360s are much better (they better be considering the Xbox One took 8 years to come out), but it is a risk.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ogo79

@CanisWolfred
ever notice how slow the ps store is on ps3?
everyone thought it was their system.
i personally got a new super slim 500 g model to download every game i wanted. ill be using this and ps4 for download only games.
but man is the ps store for ps3 slow...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

to be fair, I think there's a number of beloved games on both consoles that everyone agrees are worse on Ps3. (The Orange Box, Skyrim, and Bayonetta come to mind)

From what I understand, newer Xbox 360s are much better (they better be considering the Xbox One took 8 years to come out), but it is a risk.

Hey, at least Bayonetta's on the Wii U now, and Skyrim only sucks because Bethesda is terrible at their job. The Orange Box was a noteable one, though.

@ogo79

Yeah, I have no idea what Sony did to it, but it barely works now. It worked fine until 2014. It's like they ruined their own marketplace so they sell more PS4s...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

@CanisWolfred
thats what folks are saying lol
sell more ps4s.
the ps store will kick you out a lot.
ive still got a few games i need to get there too.
i have to keep going back and fourth on there to get them

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

@ogo79 Same. I got 3 PSOne games and one PS3 Digital-only game left that I'd like to download, and I can only hope I'll be able to get them before the store itself becomes entirely unusable.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

@CanisWolfred
what do you think theyll do to the store?

the_shpydar wrote:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.