Forums

Topic: GPD Win 2: The Most Powerful Handheld Ever Made

Posts 121 to 140 of 170

JaxonH

@Yosheel
I never assume "everyone" wants to do anything. Different people by different products for different reasons and there is no black and white "everyone". Some people will buy it for older games and some people will buy it for more modern games and others will buy it for both. And yet still I'm willing to bet there are some that don't even buy it for gaming at all.

And you most definitely could play ALL these games elsewhere, not just the older ones. The appeal is playing those games on a handheld, in HD. I could already play GameCube and Wii and PS2 and PSP and SNES and GBA... but what I could not do is play them all on the same handheld portable device in HD, and I certainly couldn't do it on the same handheld device as playing countless other modern games as well.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

I was replying to heavy. And I think we mostly got the same idea about not wanting to assume what other people want this for.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
Um... Sorry, no offence.
I can see you are so Obsessed with video games.
All (Almost 100%) games you played, from Retro until PC, Consoles and Handheld.
You are obsessed with Ultra setting games, even using GPD to play "Pirated" games to get Best experience of Handheld gaming.
Wel.... my comment is..... i can enjoy all my games WITHOUT put them on GPD just for Ultra setting.
It's like i am a SLAVE for video games.
I will play them Just The Way It Is, without Ultra setting.
I Only buy and Play games which i have interest about, Not by purchasing All of them that lead to Regret after bought them.
I believe you might dislike some games that you think are utter rubbish or Not really fit with your criteria, and made you refuse to play them.
Just my little advice for you.

Note: Oh, please don't reply me with Wall of Texts. Make it short and clear.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
Um, sorry.

"I could already play GameCube and Wii and PS2 and PSP and SNES and GBA... but what I could not do is play them all on the same handheld portable device in HD, and I certainly couldn't do it on the same handheld device as playing countless other modern games as well."

Are you so Obssesed to play those Retro Consoles and Handhelds in One HD device that called..... GPD Win 2 ?
Did you pirate them ?

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
1 whether or not I pirated them is none of your business

2 you have been harassing me about pirating games for too long now. BACK OFF

3 as I have told you multiple times before and as you would see if you actually read my posts, I own all these games. But even if I didn't, DEAL WITH IT

4 I am no more "obsessed" what video games then anyone else here. I don't know what crack you're smoking, or what glue you've been sniffing, but I just want to enjoy these games on a nice handheld device in HD. Is that so freaking incomprehensible for you to understand?

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Matthew010

@JaxonH Sometimes you just can't explain things to people.

Matthew010

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
So....
What do you want to say by using GPD Win 2 ?
Because from screenshots you posted here, there are some games are Not supposed to be played by GPD, even you owned the legit copies.
Sorry, i just Confused by your purpose to tell to everyone about your obssesion of GPD Win 2.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Yosheel wrote:

I was replying to heavy. And I think we mostly got the same idea about not wanting to assume what other people want this for.

I'm so Confused...

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

Wow those gamecube games look great. I will have to start saving for this...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

Ok let's calm down and not derail the thread into discussing the ethics of piracy and roms any further.

That's not what this thread is about.

@JaxonH @Anti-Matter please, let's not attack other users.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
I think I have a solution for this. I'm just gonna block you. I don't have an "obsession", unless you call wanting to play great games an obsession. If that's your metric everyone here is obsessed, including yourself.

Anyways, later dude. You can go find someone else to harass, cause I've had enough

Edited on by JaxonH

Anti-Matter

@Yosheel
Sorry, i didn't mean to attack / harrash him.
I just questioning his purpose to own GPD Win 2.
Could you tell to him my apologize ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
If you do, make sure you do your research on where to buy, and don't pay more than $699. They offered it for $650 to backers, with an MSRP of 900 bucks. They're not really going to sell it for that much though. I think the price is going to be $700 retail. They will slash the MSRP to make it seem like you're getting a deal (you know how it goes).

Keep an eye on their official AliExpress Store (they're a Chinese company, but let me tell you the quality and build of this device feels anything but). It's not available or listed yet but it should be once it releases at retail

https://gpdshop.aliexpress.com/store/1281164

You can also keep an eye on Amazon but I don't know how much they're going to cost there.

1UP_MARIO

Hope this gets cheaper. The games look beautiful

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

gcunit

I'm not disparaging the aspiration to own one of these at all, they seem cool. But if you're thinking about saving for one of these, just bear in mind that it might not be all that long before you can run most of this stuff on another certain portable device that you may already own.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

Well, these last few pages were... interesting? I'm glad I clicked on this thread lol.

Anyway, it looks neat. I didn't know it came with a keyboard attached. @JaxonH How are the d-pad and the face buttons? They look a bit difficult to reach, but maybe I'm thinking the device is bigger than it actually is...

Octane

JaxonH

@gcunit
I wish most of this stuff came to Switch. But I seriously doubt we'll ever see more than NES, maybe SNES. And even then not the good stuff like the fan translated Fire Emblems. GameCube and Wii is the dream, but I lack confidence in Nintendo's willingness to grant us that request. And if they do they will yet again gloss over games like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, The Last Story, etc.

But aside from all that a good portion of the steam games running on this device probably won't ever make their way to Switch. Dragons Dogma, Assassins Creed 4, Alan Wake, Portal 1/2, Half Life 2, Ori and the Blind Forest, Wolfenstein The New Order, DOOM, Wolfenstein 2, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, X-COM, Rayman Origins, Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, Bioshock Infinite, Burnout Paradise, Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3, Darksiders 1 and 2, DMC, Far Cry 3 (maybe 4? haven't tried), Final Fantasy XIII-1, 2 and 3, Ni No Kuni 2, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Resident Evil 4, Sonic All Stars Racing, Tales of Symphonia HD, Tales of Zesteria and Berseria, Valkyria Chronicles, Ultra Street Fighter 4, World of Final Fantasy...

I can count two or three games in that list that are on or coming to Switch, but the rest will never see the light of day on our little beloved hybrid.

I have found a combination approach to work best- this case came with the gripcase I bought- underneath that flap there's a little hidden compartment with just enough space to wedge the Win 2 inside, and enough clearance on the top and bottom for the little cruzer fit USB sticking out to not hit anything. Then the switch sits in between the two flaps. The end result? The two most awesome portable gaming devices tag teaming for the ultimate portable gaming setup. You are literally carrying access to 90% of the best games ever made in your hand.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Octane
The device is basically the size of a New 3DS XL, just to give you a rough estimate. The buttons actually work really well as far as placement and ergonomics. It's not perfect, don't get me wrong, but it really does work just fine. The D pad and buttons are just close enough to remain within reach. They really aren't the issue. Be only gripe I suppose I could muster is that when you are reaching your thumb across to press those buttons it leaves your pointer finger in a slightly awkward position for hitting the right bumper. The right trigger is extremely easy to hit and even the R3 trigger (a 3rd shoulder button more inward like 3DS has), but the right bumper is a little bit awkward if you're trying to hit it while simultaneously reaching across to the two most inward face buttons. That said it's not that big of a deal really, I can still manage to hit it. It's just one of those things, kind of like the Xbox One controller where the shoulder bumper buttons are slightly awkward to reach but the triggers are perfect. Same thing here. Since all emulator games have customizable controls and since most PC games do also, I just make it a point to set up the action I'm going to be using a lot on the triggers and stuff like skill tree access or menu access and stuff of that nature to the bumpers. There are some games that I can't do that for but at the end of the day it's really not that big of a deal. Just a small gripe I suppose.

As for the D pad it works pretty good, but what surprised me most is that the analog actually feels more comfortable playing DKC Returns than the Dpad does. Maybe it has to do with the size and the shorter travel or maybe it's just the springiness and responsiveness, but that's the first time I've actually played a platformer with an analog and it felt just as good if not better than a D pad. So I've just been using that to be perfectly honest with you.

Edited on by JaxonH

gcunit

@JaxonH I was referring to the compromised status of the Switch and the likelihood that sooner or later all sorts of homebrew apps will enable various systems to be emulated.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
Ah, ya I've got a separate Switch to use for that. But who knows how long it will take to get all the emulators running and even then it won't run the PC games. But it'll be nice if they can get GameCube and Wii, especially because we has Gyro, not that I am entirely sure maters would be able to figure out how to map the motion to the Gyro. That might be something only a developer would really be able to do.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.