Forums

Topic: WW Dr.Mario SummerFest 2010

Posts 1 to 20 of 55

Mange

Untitled
Rediscover your pill droppin´ skills in the upcoming Worldwide Nintendo Life Dr.Mario SummerFest. Post your friendcode and add all others. Want in but don´t have the game? Remember Dr.Mario has a demo feature, I can provide the demo version to EU and/or PAL land. Somebody else might help you if you live in another part of the world.

Choose freely from the following main battle times:
[UTC] 02:00, 08:00, 14:00 and 20:00 on Thursday the 29:th July 2010.
Check links to see your timezone. Would like those links to open a new window but don´t know how...anybody?

Drop in whenever you feel like it during the day, but try to be there on the main battle times to meet as many Nintendo Life fellow doctors as possible.

How will this work?:
1: enter lobby, choose "Join friend"
2: if there´s no friend to join... go to "Invite friend" and wait there. As soon as somebody enters lobby they are supposed to "join friend" and should so be able to see you there and join.
3: wait around a minute before you retry at step 1 in case there is some hickup in the matchmaking.
If things work as I think then this approach would work with minimun waiting time.

Suggestion:
Have only three matches between lobbying to minimise waiting time for everyone.
Play with a Mii that have a name that reflects who you are in these forums.

Personally I´ll try my hardest to be online the two last times. My friendcode is: 6786-0904-9171

Edited on by Mange

Mange

Aviator

Happy to do this, need to warm up on my Dr. Mario skillz though.

Post my FC later.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

turtlelink

Love this game. i'll post later my FC later or you can check my BL to see if i have it.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Mange

Fantastic... I managed to pick the one day I couldn´t be there... New date is Thursday the 29:th. Updated post 1.

Mange

Adam

8196-7476-4051

Not really the greatest times for North Americaners, but given that most of the site is probably on summer vacation, it might only affect me. I'll be on at the 2:00 time (9PM Wednesday, for Central Timers). Looking forward to it, good idea!

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Mange

@Aviator+and+Turtle: Don´t forget to post those friendcodes.
@Adam: I just picked 4 equally spaced times on a date. Times are not carved in stone. What would you like instead?
@All: This is intended to be a one occasion only with the vaugue possibility to repeat itself as a WinterParty. Sure you can be there batt´lin old school pill droppin´ for a day.

Mange

Adam

On second thought, I don't know what I thought would be better. I should have said "for me" instead of "for North Americaners," but I get those two confused a lot, haha. I'm unfortunately at work or asleep for three out of four slots, and nearly asleep for the other, but I'll definitely be there for awhile for the 2:00 slot.

Played a few practice games with the Black Dragon the other day, so I'm ready to go.

Come on, friends,

theblackdragon

yeah, Adam wiped the floor with me pretty hard the other day, so i think i'm'a pass on the Fest, lol. D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Adam

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's tough to hang with the big dog.

Come on, friends,

theblackdragon

that's okay. if it were Virus Buster that had online multi, i know i'd be wiping the floor with everyone >:3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

turtlelink

Mange wrote:

@Aviator+and+Turtle: Don´t forget to post those friendcodes.
@Adam: I just picked 4 equally spaced times on a date. Times are not carved in stone. What would you like instead?
@All: This is intended to be a one occasion only with the vaugue possibility to repeat itself as a WinterParty. Sure you can be there batt´lin old school pill droppin´ for a day.

Tomorrow.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

LordJumpMad

You guys just Lost
I'm Awesome at Dr.Mario
I have the DSiware and the Wiiware ones.

Did you know that Dr.mario on the DSiware one, has an Ending, if you beat past Lv20, on High Lv Speed

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Adam

The original had an ending, too. A UFO comes or something. I know they look like aliens, but I thought they were supposed to be viruses? Are they alien viruses? It's bizarre. I don't remember it well. Been a long time.

Come on, friends,

Philip_J_Reed

Ohhh yes please.

Sorry though, it's been a while since I've played Dr. Mario online, and I don't think I've ever set up a match intentionally with another friend...so how does this work? We post our codes and add everyone? What happens then? It's only a two-player game...do we partner up ahead of time or just see what happens on the day?

Not trying to bring anyone down with questions...I'll be glad to fire up the game again and get schooled by people half my age.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Adam

I would guess everyone participating would get on chat at the scheduled time and figure out who wants to play whom.

Come on, friends,

Philip_J_Reed

ahhh. I won't be able to do that then. It's either/or when it comes to internet/online Wii for me. Rats.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Adam

I'm not organizing this. It was just my guess. I don't know what he intends. I suppose we could also just think of it as a general time to be online, and start a game with anyone we find.

The only problem with that approach is that, unlike say Brawl, there's no list of who's online, that I know of. You have to know in advance that someone is inviting or someone is joining. If you and I both log on at the same time, we might both keep trying to join a game, find no game to join, then both open our own game, and so on and so forth. But if you're persistent or lucky, you'll get a game eventually, assuming quite a few of us do this.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Mange

My thought was just as Adam guesses. A general time to be online actually meeting "friends". Be at some chat room at the same time sure help but is not required.
Thought about it the other day and we could do it like..
1: enter lobby, choose "Join friend"
2: if there´s no friend to join... go to "Invite friend" and wait there. As soon as somebody enters lobby they are supposed to "join friend" and should so be able to see your face there.

If things work as I think then this approach would work with minimun waiting time. We could also have a rule to only have three matches between lobbying to minimise waiting time for everyone. I have actually never seen anyone online spontanously, only after deciding time with friend. Adam seem to have more experience here. Adam: what do you think about my two steps?

Mange

Adam

Oh I've never done this either. I've only ever played online with people I've arranged a meeting with moments before via chat. But that does make sense. Try to join once, and if it doesn't work, then click Invite and the next person on should join you, provided everyone adds each other. Of course, there's the off chance that two people might try to join at the same time, but you can't account for everything.

Being on chat, or even just posting to the forum, would help greatly though. You wouldn't have to get online while chatting, just drop by to see if someone wants to play, then get off your computer / Wii browser to start the game. Or if you know in advance which time slot you're planning to join, plan in advance with someone which of you will join, which will invite, and at precisely what time.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Mange

So for now we have
Me - 6786-0904-9171
Aviator - Friendcode to be announced.
Turtlelink - Friendcode to be announced
Adam - 8196-7476-4051
theblackdragon - throws in the towel long before bell rings
JumpMad - Friendcode to be announced
Chicken Brutus - Probably in, friendcode to be announced

Edited on by Mange

Mange

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.