Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 321 to 340 of 363

mrichston

I vote for @BurningSonic's Kid Icarus-Final Level.

I recently made level that uses SMB3 Overworld, so here's my entry for that:

Mario's Wipeout
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/72A0-000...

It is obstacle course inspired by tv series Wipeout, but it doesn't have water element. All 5 obstacle rooms designed to make player fall, but whole course is nonlethal. First obstacle takes cues from this Wipeout obstacle:

crimsontadpoles

I've made a level for the SMB3 Overworld Competition:

The Journey Continues

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/41B3-000...

It's purposely more simpler and less gimmicky than some of my other recent levels. My levels have been a bit too crazy recently, so this one is a bit more normal.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

BurningSonic

I'm voting for @mrichston's Shooting With Fishes v2
Also I forgot about the current theme, so I don't have one to submit this time.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Zyrac

I also vote for @mrichston's Shooting With Fishes. Pretty intense level that I nonetheless beat in one try, so I'd say that's just the right level of difficulty.

It's been seven working days, more or less, but Nintendo still haven't gotten back to me. Oh well - time to present my entry for the current theme. Hopefully this one stays where it is! Now, I know we don't have our level sharing tool anymore, but posting a level with no image seems dull to me, so...

Untitled
One Block Wonder
D40C-0000-01B5-69BA

I could've made this longer, but this time I decided to avoid going overboard and just fit what I could into a single horizontal area. Perhaps that will have helped the pacing a bit. This level also has a bunch of coins to collect at points where you'd otherwise have to wait a couple seconds - I figure that helps keep it interesting.

Zyrac

Twitter:

MasterWario

I'm voting for @eXtremeHippo's Fire Car - Choose Difficulty!

Definitely a lot of (difficult) good levels, and I really liked Muncher Mining but I kept screwing it up somehow. Trying to finish up my entry but I'm not sure I'll get it in by the deadline.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

MasterWario

This one's just not working out. It's not bad...but it's not that good either. A shame too since this is a great theme.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

SuperWiiU

MasterWario wrote:

This one's just not working out. It's not bad...but it's not that good either. A shame too since this is a great theme.

You can always start over and just make a short and simple level. The theme can really use another level.

iBazly

I totally forgot to vote! And we have a tie! So instead of potentially breaking it, I'm going to keep my vote a secret, and say! That @GIR and @mrichston are our winners! We didn't seem to have a lot of votes or entries this time? So let me know if I missed anything?

As you know the Super Mario Bros. 3 Overworld theme submission deadline has passed! And our NEW theme is: Time Limits! Create a level that in some way utilizes the time limit options to give a sense of urgency! I know we usually do every two weeks, but I'm not sure if the 14th would be an issue for anyone with it being Valentine's Day? So I'm thinking just this one we'll bump it and go with the 21st instead? I'll say 21st for now but let me know what you all think!

In the meantime, here are the entries for Super Mario Bros. 3 Overworld:

@iBazly - Mise-en-Scene - 4E08-0000-01A8-ED57
@mrichston - Mario's Wipeout - 72A0-0000-01AD-4A03
@crimsontadpoles - The Journey Continues - 41B3-0000-01B2-B1FF
@SuperWiiU - Super Optional Pals. 3 - C3B8-0000-01B4-FF29
@Zyrac - One Block Wonder - D40C-0000-01B5-69BA

Votes and new entries by February 21st, unless you guys would rather keep it to the 14th! Let me know!

SuperWiiU

iBazly wrote:

I totally forgot to vote! And we have a tie! So instead of potentially breaking it, I'm going to keep my vote a secret, and say! That @GIR and @mrichston are our winners! We didn't seem to have a lot of votes or entries this time? So let me know if I missed anything?

I counted 2 votes for @michston, 2 votes for @extremeHippo and 3 votes for @GIR... That would make @GIR the winner.

I don't mind the longer deadline either.
@crimsontadpoles: Or just the same amount, because people forget and the around the 19th or 20th see other people posting their submission, and they'll still be too late.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

iBazly

SuperWiiU wrote:

iBazly wrote:

I counted 2 votes for @michston, 2 votes for @extremeHippo and 3 votes for @GIR... That would make @GIR the winner.

I don't mind the longer deadline either.
@crimsontadpoles: Or just the same amount, because people forget and the around the 19th or 20th see other people posting their submission, and they'll still be too late.

I will have to do a recount! It's kind of hard to see "@GIR" in the comments that usually have much more happening in them. It's such a short username haha

Zyrac

My vote goes to @mrichston for Mario's Wipeout. Some of those obstacles are just so mean it's hilarious.

And uh... sure has been quiet over here. @SuperWiiU is right - more time to enter is just more time to forget about it! I don't even have something brand new to show off myself - I couldn't come up with an idea for this one, so I'm just copping out and entering this level I happened to make a while ago.

Untitled
Late for Work!
2D99-0000-019A-F71C

So... anyone else gonna enter something within the, y''know... time limit?

Zyrac

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.