Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 221 to 240 of 363

SuperWiiU

LavaTwilight wrote:

Thanks Crimson, I've seen them and I've played and starred a couple of yours but I will get to the others. I've noticed mrichson also has starred my courses. Thanks for the constructive criticism. I have 47 stars now in total so just need a few more. I wont expect a star if you genuinely think my level doesn't deserve one so don't feel pressured to just throw stars at me. Thanks again though.

You've passed the 50 stars now, I played and starred several of your levels.

crimsontadpoles

mrichston wrote:

@crimsontadpoles: Thank you for vote.

Btw , did you notice that your contest level makes cameo appearence at the end of nintendolife's smm showcase video?

No, I didn't notice that, thanks for the link. That's rather awesome to see my level there.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Zyrac

Here's what I stayed up late making! This is a little more forgiving than my usual output - some parts might seem a bit scary, but it's not that hard if you know what you're doing.

Zyrac

Twitter:

BurningSonic

My first time entering the contest so I don't expect to win, but I would like to enter my level Bowser's Deadly Castle ID: 40E1-0000-00FB-4670 for the Bowser Battle Contest.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

crimsontadpoles

Here's my level for the Bowser Battles theme:

This is probably the most challenging level I've made so far. It didn't take that long to create, but I spent a long time testing it and making minor adjustments. Originally, it was going to use a clown copter instead of a cloud, but Bowser chucks bombs in the clown copter. I didn't want him to do that since killing him at the start with his bombs would be much easier than playing my level normally, so I opted for the cloud instead.

My Anime List

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

iBazly

Hey there team! Unfortunately I have had no time for gaming so I haven't been able to make a level, and the deadline is up! Voting for the Items theme is over, and the winner is @crimsontadpoles! Also really exciting that our level making thread is on NintendoLife's radar, something that was proven by crim's level showing up in that video. Very cool!

As for the Bowser Battles theme, here are the entries:

@Orderpro - Find 3 Lives Series Level 1-4 - 6214-0000-00E3-B482
@mrichston - Bowser's Sky Prison - B56F-0000-00F1-6D5E
@eXtremeHippo - Bowser's Bob-om Factory - B9AA-0000-0033-20F9
@LavaTwilight - History of Mario Boss Battles - C278-0000-00F9-C6AF
@Zyrac - Cloudy Confrontations - 531D-0000-0102-4297
@SuperWiiU - Too Boo To Three Bowsers - 35FE-0000-0103-DC2B
@BurningSonic - Bowser's Deadly Castle - 40E1-0000-00FB-4670
@crimsontadpoles - Cloudy Claustrophobia - CBD4-0000-0104-48A4

And finally, the next theme is "Single Screens"! As always, this theme is entirely up for interpretation. It could mean a stage that all takes place on a single screen. Or it could be a level made up of separate rooms that each only take up one screen, connected by doors and pipes. Those were just two things I was thinking, but I'm sure people can come up with more interpretations on the theme.

The deadlines for both voting and the new theme is December 13.

mrichston

I vote for @Orderpro. Level was well designed, but I couldn't come up with good strategy for bowser fight. But then I got lucky when bowser got stuck.

I also liked @Zyrac's level, but final bowser fight was bit too much for me. @eXtremeHippo's level was good too, but I ran out of time several times or accidentally used door at bowser fight.

And this is my entry for single screens:

Little tip: Don't kill the plants.

SuperWiiU

I'll vote for @BurningSonic's Bowser Deadly Caste. The level is harderest before the final showdown with Bowser, but it was it challenging and fun enough to win my vote. Shoutout to @crimsontadpoles & @orderpro's(nice way of settings fire to bombs) levels. The other levels were easy and had Bowsers fights that were too easy because you could just jump over and skip or otherwise mostly ignore, though the levels were pretty good otherwise.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

mrichston

@SuperWiiU:
In hindsight I could have forced shoe off, so battle in my level couldn't have been skipped. Battle with bowser sr in my level was just a joke, main battle was bowser jrs.

SuperWiiU

mrichston wrote:

@SuperWiiU:
In hindsight I could have forced shoe off, so battle in my level couldn't have been skipped. Battle with bowser sr in my level was just a joke, main battle was bowser jrs.

I had to redo the battle without the shoe after the clown car hit the spikes at the narrow part after the battles and got in a (often fatal when between spikes) uncontrollable bounce until death. And although I won by just bouncing of Bowser Jr. head until I fell into the clown car, you can probably skip the fight by quickly jumping on the bar on the right and going underneath the cannons too.

Deleteme

Thanks guys for the votes on my boss battle level!

Here's my single screen level entry!

Deleteme

LavaTwilight

A tough vote this time... I think I have to offer it to eXtremeHippo's bob-om factory. Ordepro came a close second. I won't offer an opinion on anyone elses though unless asked.

As for the next week, I found it tough to do only one screen... I had to do a series of 'single' screens to simulate a single screen... you'll see... here is my entry:

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

Chandlero

My submission to the "Single Screen" challenge:

I hope, anybody will solve this puzzle. You don't need too much precision but the right ideas to clear the level.

Edited on by Chandlero

crimsontadpoles

My vote for Bowser Battles will go to @Zyrac for Cloudy Confrontations. It looks like there's some similar ideas in both Zyrac's and mine including a similar title (purely coincidence I swear, I don't look at other people's levels until after I've posted mine ), but Zyrac's was much superior. It was creative and challenging while not being too difficult or frustrating. It was fun working out how to reach the enemies in the clouds.

Some other mentions, I downloaded mrichston and SuperWiiU's levels to skip past bits. I just couldn't work out how to get past the shoe bit on mrichston's level, and SuperWiiU's was far too hard for me this week. I haven't played the levels for as long as normal, so I might try these two again at some point.

Also, eXtremeHippo's Bowser's Bob-om Factory level looks stunning. It really feels like an actual factory.

The other levels were also good fun.

My Anime List

SuperWiiU

crimsontadpoles wrote:

@mrichston: Thanks. I managed to equip the shoe, but never knew about the ground pounding.

I had the same experience, but I just pressed buttons until I discovered the ground pound because I knew the shoe had to have something special to get past those things.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.