Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,341 to 4,360 of 10,277

Lun

@Rom, RDB, Ultima, and Tech, you guys made up the toughest opposing team i have ever faced in this game. I must say I was happy to have that Arcanine guy on my side, and even from time to time Ultima came over to help which was nice. I was checking stats and my k/d went down .02 after those rounds. Oh well, some fun GE, got worked a little.

Lun

Urbanhispanic

Mr.iwantwiipoints wrote:

to play games and meet cool people.

I'm touched.

lol I'm sure you are

Proud owner of a Switch, Wii U, Wii and 3DS.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0422-2431 | Nintendo Network ID: Bx_Lounger

Spoony_Tech

@Neolights I really did feel bad for you last night. I would have jumped over to your team but I was the host and was on Skype with RDB and Ultima. Its just romulux Ultima RDB lifesaver and I have been running together for so long we usually try to team up when ever we can. You still did well in light of the heavy competition and sometimes better then me so don't feel bad about your game at all.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TheInstantGamer

@RDB
btw [NL]TIG[NL] was me, its an account I made at my cousin's house, I was using a Wiimote so thats why I was so terrible though you can hardly blame me, even if i had brought my classic controller along I wouldve died, your whole team was stacked I mean talk about mismatched. Your teamates were all higher lvls then you. I'm sad to say that I was a victim of your BB farming I noticed it once you guys kinda ignored the box after downloading almost all the data, man I was pissed. Farming a poor low lvl shame on you RDB.

Edited on by TheInstantGamer

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

lifesavedave

Sounds like i've been missing some good games. The misses has been limiting my night time playing so thats why i haven't been logging on lately. I just ordered a skype headset for my psp so i'll be able to chat soon while i'm at work. I'm working tomorrow so i'll catch everyone then if your on.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

TheInstantGamer wrote:

@RDB
I'm sad to say that I was a victim of your BB farming I noticed it once you guys kinda ignored the box after downloading almost all the data, man I was pissed.

think of it this way- at least we're playing the mode. we're not no-spawning, or sniping golden gun players or goldeneye hackers without participating ourselves. we're completing the objective but maximizing the carnage we can get in before we finish.

how hard it is to destroy the box or download all the data depends on how much opposition the other team puts up; if you can't put up enough opposition to stop us, well hate to say it but that's on you. i know it sucks to be on the farmed side but if you tough it out and fight well enough you can take the box back and win; that arcanine guy did that single handedly against us a few times last night. it may be tough but it's still fair game.

the only time i think BB farming gets out of hand is when proxies are everywhere. i mentioned above that tech and i got farmed in some matches where the entire enemy team had proxies and we were exploding the whole time, never even getting near the box. that really sucked. as long as you give the other side a shot at getting near the box and fight fair i think farming isn't so bad.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

grenworthshero

Played just a couple games today, and boy, I was off my game. I upped my sensitivity to pretty much maximum, but when I came back after about a week, I wasn't used to it. I played with a bunch of SS guys, who were good, but not nearly up to par with NL. Still, I was having a seriously tough time when my entire team dropped out and it was me at level 27 against 4 level 40-50 SS dudes.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

RDB

@Instant... Ahhh, that was you. I was wondering b/c I hadn't seen that name before. Well, for whatever it's worth, I'll occasionally join [hot lunch]'s game and be against 4 lvl 53+ers that spam proxies. I actually enjoy the challenge from time to time. Just not for more than a game or two. Played them earlier and went 20-21 in the jungle. Of course we lost, but I didn't even bother with the box, just wanted to get a pos kdr against 4 56ers farming me. Did alright I think.

@Viper, Hey man, good to see you on tonight. Sorry I dropped out. We were against each other anyway and I had been playing invite tag with the [pn] clan so I jumped back over there.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

RoryLee

@Nerrel, thats my brother playing GE tonight so I will have to put his friend code down as soon as I get a chance.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

grenworthshero

@RDB hey, that's cool. I was only on for a little while, but when I got an invite I figured "sure, why not" I wouldn't have stuck around for many games, if we were playing together, anyway.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Lun

@NL, good games tonight. Couldn't play much, unfortunately I have to get up early in the morning for work. Seemed like everytime Rory spawned Bond i popped out of nowhere (at least from his point of view) when he was throwing a proxy. I was long overdue for some sort of luck to happen in my favor, and as far as GE goes, doubly so. I played better than yesterday, but still top notch competition all around
Good to finally get some rounds in with you Rory

@Shi, Rory, i add you on? shoot me a post with your code, i'm 1107-4051-9552

Edited on by Lun

Lun

romulux

good pistol matches tonight with one exception, the laggy station match with i think ultima, rory, and lone wolf. the hawksman was useless, i was counting headshots waiting for people to die and not one did... i had a bad death streak. in the very next match i was made host and it was a completely different gun, tearing people up with just a few shots. chest shots were killing faster than headshots had been in that station match. i love the hawksman but holy crap is it finicky about connections.

bond's p99 always works though. i'm starting to like it much better than his anova, and his anova's awesome.

Spoony_Tech

Sorry Rory and anyone else for not responding to invites! I got a invite from hot lunch tonight before anyone else invited me so I said what the heck. Became the host and was on the right side of farming for a change. I couldn't resist the invite.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chris720

@RDB Still, you're exploting a game mode because it doesn't have a kill limit, and most people who play Black Box are around 1-20. Then there you are with Mastertons, Stratas and Anovas skewering them while you have 99% of the data. Talk about unfair! They have no chance in hell of going up against that kind of opposition. But if you're gonna be doing that, count me out. I thought NL would be better than exploiting that and play like total dumbasses, or should I say, EXACTLY LIKE ARCANINE!

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

They have no chance in hell of going up against that kind of opposition.

if they're not going to have a chance in hell while we're farming then they're going to have even less of a chance when we're trying to win the match quickly, don't you think? the few times we lost were when the other team got the box back from us long after we could have destroyed/dowloaded it. if anything it makes the game more fair by giving those noobs more chances to win against players they otherwise couldn't beat.

it'd make more sense to you if you could have seen our kill/death ratios, the results were hardly impressive. worse than usual, in fact. i don't know about the other guys but to me it was just about the fun of having an unlimited fight, not racking up kills or xp. i'm already at 56, i don't need any more.

Spoony_Tech

Some of you guys must have put a hurting on a anova spec-r. He is saying we are the best clan he has ever went up against.

MERG said:

RDB

@Demon, well I see your point, but I disagree How bout this, Rom, Dave, Tech and I play BB. Dave and Rom run to the box and finish it off with mastersons before we even get 30 secs into the match... next match, repeat... next match, we're russians, I pick up the box and don't see a person b/c of my protection and we win in less than a min... over and over and over. That's not fun. Any player, noob or otherwise, that doesn't have a chance in he__ in BB against us also has no chance in any other mode. Also, I've found that the mix of players playing BB is all over the lvl spectrum. TC seems to be heavy weighted with under lvl 20, but not BB. I agree that we are exploiting a game for kills, but that offers the enemy equal time to also exploit it. See, fair.

As for Arcanine, he stuck around at least 10 consecutive BB matches against 4 NL with randoms on his team (Lun for a few ) and did very well, in fact he won some. He's been a very good player in every match I've ever seen him in and I give him tons of credit for playing "alone" against a tough team. Most 50+ers I've seen will quit when the going gets tough.

For what it's worth, I purposefully jump into BB with some of the [name] clan and "get farmed" from time to time. It's brutal, but since I understand their strategy I can at least hve some fun with it... for a short time anyway. I don't stand a chance of winning the game w/out a masterson, so I set a goal to have a pos kdr and get that about half the time.

@Rom, I've changed my avatar to give you much respect for your decision to go slappers only... since you "don't need xp anymore"

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Chris720

Okay I see where you're coming from, but its still an unfair advantage unless someone on the opposing team has a strong enough weapon to take atleast SOME of you down, which isn't the case at most times. The only way you can plow through 4 people huddled up together in a corner is to use the Masterton, most of which don't have it. That is also what I find unfair in BB farming, you can't get past a Masterton, it has the same damage as a shotgun and sprays like an Anova, getting past that you'd have to have godly health.

Also, when I play TC or Heroes I mainly see 20-56 players. When I play BB its -20 guys, and they stand eff al against an Anova, so I'll use the Syauger or Sigmus to give them at least a fair oppurtunity of winning.

Also, farming is usually about getting as much XP as quickly as possible per match, which sounds like what you guys are doing... and that just doesn't sound like playing to the objective, all you're doing is just playing Team Conflict in an objective based game... bravo to you.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

MacLeoid

Hey guys, sorry for disapearing after one game last night. I got a Wii freeze at the post match loadscreen and then decided to call it a night. You mastertons are psycho in archives, I couldnt find anyone to kill for most of the match!

MW3 Wii - AC 3335 - 5355 - 6787

RoryLee

@[NL]Lun, my friend code is in my sig. Good games last night too, that was alot fun going against you.

I'm gonna have to agree with Demon on the Black Box argument. I find it really unfair when someone brings a Masterton into that game mode and to top it off they will just humiliate you for the rest of the game. When I pick a certain game mode I wanna be able to destroy the box, kill a hero, go for the GG without people waiting to pick you off while your doing the objective.

My brother was playing last night and the 1st few games we played he was really hating the game because everyone death was from a proxy or a noob-tube. We were gonna call it an early night until we started using pistols the whole time and then we both were having a good time playing the game.

Edited on by RoryLee

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.