Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 10,277

romulux

RDB wrote:

@rom... wow, after seeing those settings again, I'm shocked.

i'm shocked too! my turning speeds are twice as high for ADS now and the normal cursor speed is up to 75%. i didn't realize the settings were that much lower just a month or so ago. as far as the maximum turn zone goes, i have it set high so that i can take corners really fast at right angles so that i'm always aiming right down a hallway. it also feels comfortable to me not having to move the remote around as much.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RDB

@Dave. I didn't even notice you dropped the gambit for me... I would have loved to give it a try. Oh Well, another time. And thanks for the sniping compliments. I feel like the multitask gadget made a huge difference for me cause I can move snipe locations easy with an anova in hand. I don't ever even snipe silenced anymore either... the thermal scope is ridiculously awesome.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Chris720

romulux wrote:

RDB wrote:

@rom... wow, after seeing those settings again, I'm shocked.

i'm shocked too! my turning speeds are twice as high for ADS now and the normal cursor speed is up to 75%. i didn't realize the settings were that much lower just a month or so ago. as far as the maximum turn zone goes, i have it set high so that i can take corners really fast at right angles so that i'm always aiming right down a hallway. it also feels comfortable to me not having to move the remote around as much.

That is the best thing about having it so sensitive. Do you get the problem, though, that its so sensitive that you move just a bit too much it goes on the fritz? Probably due to lag but y'know... whatever. :/

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

romulux

nice pistol fights ultima, the hosts couldn't handle it. maybe getting dominated by a handgun was hurting their pride? i had to run away from you in that last nightclub match, you were kill thieving like mad. i think i shot up at least 5 guys before you came in and delivered the final shot! if our other teammates hadn't sucked so bad we would have won all of the pistol matches today.

ultima6605

i agree rom on what you said and let me say that was the most fun i had since playing against the pokeman clan or dsclan (much respect)i was using the wolfe alot which was awesome and i have gotten alot better with it but when i saw you using the hawksmen pistol i just had to use it which is way more fun and challenging dosent kill as fast as the wolfe but hawksmen is definitely more fun to use i was surprised on how many kills i was getting with it well ill be on tonight and looking foward for some more pistols matches.

Edited on by ultima6605

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

romulux

sorry those weren't very good matches, juan. my nephew was playing in that first one and after watching you demolish him i had to take the controller back and restore my honor, which didn't really work! i can't believe those aholes in outpost got 10 hero kills on us in 3 minutes without spawning a single hero of their own. i wish you could tell the noobs on the team to quit spawning when that happens.

nobody wanted them but here are my settings anyway- who among you is man enough to handle them?:
Untitled
max turn zone is still 55 horizontal, 45 vertical

Untitled
the ADS max turn zone is 95 horizontal, 85 vertical.

demon, i know you've got your speeds all the way up but where are your max turn zones at? they control how fast you turn more than the other settings in my opinion.

i also grabbed a shot of what snapshot does to your down sight accuracy (just because i can't believe how good it is). this is with the vargen at long range, normal setup on the right and snap shot on the left. looking at trevelyan there for scale you can see that almost every bullet would hit with snap shot on while most of them would miss without it.
Untitled

Edited on by romulux

DrewDS

Hey Ultima whats the chat room you guys use? Join ours as well sometime so we at least complain to each other how bad it is trying to join a game lol. You guys really need to get skype it makes this game so much funner and better being able to talk w/ each other real time.

Edited on by DrewDS

As a man thinketh so is he...
FC: 3468-3854-4569 [GE]

romulux

pistols only is always a lot of fun. pretty soon we're going to develop a reputation for being handgun masters. it's always funny going back to the strata and just tearing people apart so easily, the difference is pretty ridiculous. i wish the hawksman killed just one shot faster so it could compete against high level guns, taking down noobs isn't so hard but there was a level 46 guy with a strata who was really tough to kill with a handgun.

lifesavedave, i kind of liked demolishing those guys we played. mostly because they were spawning 1 hero a match tops, noob tubing, and camping in every match. it was like all of the annoying types of players in this game were all together to be punished, i didn't hold back on proxy mines for them at all.

oh yeah, and i used your trick in docks to get the rest of the team to spawn up in the tower by hanging out in the back of the dock area and it worked; ultima died, was up there right away, came down and killed the entire team from behind. looks like that problem is over from now on!

Edited on by romulux

Matthias

Kadabra wrote:

@Matthias, was that your BB game we joined earlier? gg if so, sorry we left, Hot Lunch froze out so we had to go get him.
PS I can't enter your FC, it says its not valid.

hmmm...
1215-8451-1729 ?
and i shoot with classic but when i aim down sights on a enemy and i move i always adjust it. then it aims away from the enemy. but when you play with the nunchuk and you have the enemy in your visor it always aims at it. its a pity that aiming with classic is harder then with a zapper or nunchuk. and i normally aim down sights (unfortunately) when we go in a physical battle. it is like a touch of me.

Wii friendcodes
Monster hunter tri: 78L7K3
clan: http://mh3kingdom.wiiforumzone.com/forum
Goldeneye: 1215-8451-1729 If you are dutch then join this clan
http://n-agents.forumactief.com/
Mario kart: 2794-1914-3399

Chris720

I'll have to get back to you on my Max Turn Zones, I forget where I have them. XD I'll have to see if I can take a pic at some point.

YouTube

Spoony_Tech

Yeah handguns was a blast last night. DS drew was a pain to take done with only a handgun but was oh so satisfying to do so when he was a hero with it. Bond it a freak with his handgun. I never used it till last night and didn't realize it took people out so easily. It almost seems easier then his anova. Because you don't run out of bullets as fast. Thanks for turning me over to the dark side romulux for some handguns. We were owning some decent players most of the night with it. I had one brutal game but had like 5 hero kills and was tops on the team and even that was fun! I had to switch that last game just to change it up before going to bed.

DS drew you guys came in earlier and my connection from hosting just couldn't keep up since your to good. Later on my connection was holding up much better and I was actually doing much better against you. Nothing like taking down a hero with a handgun I tell ya!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Matthias

O yeah i forgot... i am making a forum where every has its own forum build in with several topics.. it is not done yet but i would be pleased if everybody join this clan. to talk more about GE and not via 1 topic.. (NL= 1 topic GI= 4 topics..)

Wii friendcodes

Martijzzzz

The name of that clan is : www.gamersinternational.forumactief.com..
It's not finish now,
But over 2 weeks it's ready to go

I like playing Goldeneye Wii.
My Goldeneye friendcode is : 1607-6174-2150, add me, I add you to when u give me ur code.
I'm lvl 28 and like using weapon above my lvl.
Could I borrow ur Strata/Ivana/Masterton/Other good weapons ?
Are u Dutch ? Please go to w...

Lun

For the short period of time I was playing yesterday night, I thought that my stats were as good as they could have been. Were you guys playing pistols only earlier(or still playing it when I came online)? I did manage a 13 streak in Nightclub with Bond's P99 before being killed by that x best friend guy, to me, he was actually pretty difficult head up.

@Ultima, I am just guessing here, but did your wii freeze after that one match in Outpost? This has happened to me quite a few times and it seems like it happens exactly when the round is over. Does this mean that you were snubbed of that 800xp?

@Tech, sorry I didn't accept your invite late last night. As I had leveled up to 42, I was trying to figure out my new multitask loadouts It's really tough though giving up snap shot though b/c I shoot so much from the hip

Edited on by Lun

Lun

Chris720

@neolights For Multi-task, might I suggest Varghen and a shotgun? :3

Its good for mid to long range and use the shotgun for close quarter fragging. Very useful on most of the maps I find. Also having Proximity mines would be a great addition to that class too.

On CoD4, I had the P90 and some shotgun with claymores and it absolutely raped the opposing team lol. Planting claymores/proximity mines in high traffic areas is always a good idea.

Also another loadout/class that I like to call "Speciality" is:

Main: Terralite w/ Thermal Scope
Secondary: Sigmus 9
1st Tier Perk: Distraction (for the smoke)
2nd Tier Perk: Any
3rd Tier Perk: Multi-task

Its very useful on GoldenEye, crowding the control unit in smoke and watching from a distance with the Terralite and then moving in closer for the kill, I'll have the Sigmus 9 handy because its better than a pistol and is really good up-close.

Its also good for looking down long hallways or across a dark map (Memorial and Sewers spring to mind).

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Lun

I'm about to quit playing the game alltogether, it seems like every time I am doing well someone picks up the cordless phone between my internet and wii. Sorry Tech, wish i could have played with you a little more today, it's just too much of a letdown for me at this point.

@Demon, if i decide to play at night when everyone either away from the house or asleep i give it a try, thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Lun

Mabbit

Bleh, I really need to get into a habit of playing this game. I'm still only level 22. But between all my other games, I never get a chance... I'll be hopping online right now though if anybody else is on

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Matthias

Nice matches tech... we used the hero toooo much. i cost us too mouch points and the enemy hero on the snow field (forgot name) he sat in one of the watchtowers. we shouldn't give him all the attention that cost more points then the hero gave.

Wii friendcodes

romulux

by the way, i'm never using ourumov's pistol again after putting another whole clip into a guy without killing him last night. i advise you guys to do the same! his AK is sh***y enough to qualify for pistols only.

one of the guys who wasn't spawning heroes last night fessed up to it on gamefaqs and there's an argument there about whether it's a legitimate strategy. kind of frustrating seeing your suspicions about the other team 'cheating' being confirmed but at least he was up front about it.

Chris720

I will never spawn as the hero if either:

a) My team is losing severely
b) I'm sneaking around my enemies spawn and not in a safe position to become the hero.
c) I'm using a silenced weapon and don't really want to show myself up on the map.

I will however spawn as the hero when:

a) My teammates suck as the hero and walk head into the enemies just to die, I have to stop them from doing that.
b) I'm in a safe location to spawn as the hero and have a good chance of not dieing after spawning as the hero.

But most of the time, I don't like spawning as the hero, especially anyone besides Bond or Zukovsky. Ourumov sucks hands down and Trevalyan is boring to play with in my opinion.

I just wish they put in some sort of Hardcore Heroes, where as soon as it shows up, you have 10 seconds to become the hero or you're automatically made the hero. That would be really fun! But no, we just get Heroes FFA.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.