Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 10,277

Spoony_Tech

No lnoger is run and gun easy as it used to be with all these proxys all over the place. It changes your game in a way that instead of looking for people to shoot your looking all over the place for proxys. Those games romulux Ultima and I had the other night were even more sick because of the two players over level 53 in the blackbox farm session. It might have even been 3 players over that level can't remember. How often is it I'm the lowest rank in the room. Nothing but BOOM from there on out. Archives is not fun with proxys all over the place either.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ultima6605

waiiiit whats this i here you guys played against the pokeman clan?and if you did who was your team and did guys win any matches?was this last night?man iam so mad i wasent there with you guys iam srry if it was last night then i apoligze i was so tired from work i feel asleep with the wii remote in my hand and the wii was still on lol well hopefully we can have a rematch and ill be there.

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

Spoony_Tech

Hey Ultima it was me romulux RDB and livesavedave! We won some of the matches but like one of the posts said the team that got m16 was the team I think that won all night long. It so happened that Pokemon team was on the m16 side most of the night but all games were close!! You can take my spot tonight cus I feel as tired as you did last night.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kadabra

^^ That all sounds fun! They wouldn't've been using proxies if they didn't feel threatened (Bulbasaur's ethical code or something) so you must've been rocking hard. Hopefully the first of many such match-ups Which Pokemon were you against?

PS a touch of British pedantisism, it's MI6 with an I (the letter) not 1.
</grammar nazism>

KADABRA* from the Pokemon clan.
Goldeneye FC is 4098 9496 8088
our clan site is pokemonfloss.webs.com, there's a chat and a forum and stuff (not as comprehensive as this forum though ;) ), feel free to come say hi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/00Kadabra to see my youtube vids of ...

Spoony_Tech

Thanks for correcting my mistake there! Its posted over at gamefaqs for the blow by blow of things that went down and who was involved. Its pretty accurate from what I can see!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Chris720

@Lifesaver I'm not hating on campers because they get better K/Ds... I just find it so stupidly annoying that they have to camp in one are throughout the match to rack up some kills. And very time I come across a camper, all I can think is "You must get so bored out of your brain your just sitting there while we get kills."

As I stated before, I'm all up for camping as a hero, but most of the time you are usually moving around (even if its slightly) rather than plonking your buttocks on a staircase waiting for some unfortunate dude to come by for you to do a camp-kill. Its not necessary, its boring and stupid. Because once they find out where you're camping, they'll find a sneaky path and kill you anyway...

Anyways, hope to start playing some of you guys a little more often soon...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

RDB

@Rom, lifesave, tech... fun games last night. We really dominated the first few games, but it evened out pretty quickly. Overall it seemed like a pretty even matchup. I know I was really trailing off in performance the last few games. It really sucks to start out 0-4 or 0-5 and trying to get a positive kdr against good players. I know I cost us a game or two with bad hero spawn timing. It was really tough to gain any sense of composure b/c they move as fast as we do!... so by the time I spawned and started to establish a territory I was being shot in the back. I have to say also, they were pretty talented with remote mines also. I've been loving them lately and I learned a few tricks from tentacool (I think that was who was using them mostly).

I read over on their public forum that bulbasaur has a similar ethical code to Rom regarding proxies and was using them so we must've been "worthy" competition. Ha ha. Bulbasaur was a beast with the masterson and proxies.

Do you guys ever get bitrate lag? In the memorial match I was getting terrible choppiness and lag whenever I was getting into a firefight with more than 2 or more people on the screen. So all those meetings in the lower camping areas were terrible. My kdr was terrible in that match and I was ready to quit if it would've continued. Fortunately, it stopped happening in the next match.

@ultima, hilraious that you fell asleep online. That would explain the no response from invites Get some sleep bro, it's just a game.

@tech, you and I will have to strategize on how to not die so much I think it's usually you or I that have the most deaths. We're almost always positive kdr, but it'd be nice to lower our deaths to help the team out.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

romulux

kadabra, we were up against bulbasaur, charmander, hitmochan, and tentacool.

RDB, i was getting some lag but it only seemed to effect me when playing bulbasaur, every now and then you come across a player that just takes way more shots to kill than everyone else, ie more than body armor or bio booster could possibly account for. his connection must be as weak as mine is so my shots are being lost on my end and a lot of the hits are probably never registering on his end. next time we do this i need a better connection.

Tech101 wrote:

Those games romulux Ultima and I had the other night were even more sick because of the two players over level 53 in the blackbox farm session.

these matches weren't nearly that bad, but it did start to feel like those matches towards the end, especially in that docks match. how they managed to plant so many proxies with bulbasaur being the only player with them (besides bond) was beyond me, it felt like that room could never be cleared. there was always a proxy on every door.

ultima6605 wrote:

man iam so mad i wasent there with you guys iam srry if it was last night then i apoligze

too late buddy, you blew it. leave your badge on my desk and get out of my sight.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

Sad thing is if he did join he would have probably ended up on their team since we were full the whole time! It would have made them that much harder!

MERG said:

lifesavedave

Rom your not the only person who had problems with bulbasaur. He was killing me before I saw him round the corner and when I had already taken cover behind something. It was only a couple times though.

Anyone up for a rematch! Maybe we can schedule a TC with a cap on proxies and masterton.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

i'd love another tltk pistols match if you guys aren't bored with them, maybe we can arrange that or 'sigmus only' or something with them. i've been playing single player levels using only the hawksman and i never miss when shooting at people there like i seem to online, i kind of want to try a wired connection to bypass all this internet stupidness. can't you connect your wii to your computer through USB and automatically get online?

lifesavedave

Yeah thats sounds like a great idea. I'm down for pistols or sigmus TLTK. Either would be alot of fun. mmmmmm which pistol to bring to a pistols only match.

Rom i'm not sure about computer to wii hook up. I run a usb strait from the modem to a lan adapter on the wii though. But its dsl so i don't know if speed has anything to do with that fraction of a second lag or lost bullets.

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

RDB

@rom, not sure about the usb connection, but if you find something let me know, cause I'd for sure be down with trying it out. I can't tell you, you all know, how many times I get lag killed every night. I'm sure it happens to everyone, but it's still frustrating.

I'm game for some more pistols tltk matches also. I put the hawksman in one of my loadouts so if we have an impromptu match, I'm prepared. Besides, I don't really use the pistols that often behind my auto weapons and the hawksman is nearly the handgun the kunera is anyway. I need to train myself to switch as opposed to reloading though. In noticed that you (rom) are pretty good at that. Any thoughts on snipers only? Could be fun cause hip fire would be tough and the distance boards would be all camping/sniping. But it might just be really frustrating too with spawn deaths and all.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

lifesavedave

romulux wrote:

especially in that docks match. how they managed to plant so many proxies with bulbasaur being the only player with them (besides bond) was beyond me, it felt like that room could never be cleared. there was always a proxy on every door.

Did you catch how many times he died? It was 20+ so he was getting a fresh pair pretty frequently.

Sorry for all the double posts.

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

ultima6605

hahaha nerrel very funny ill keep my badge thank very much no but serious i wish i could of been there and helped you guys out to play against the pokeman clan but there will always be another time and iam game for only pistols match or sigmus tonight so ill go change my loadout and have it ready.

THE CHAMP HAS SPOKEN!
just kidding

Edited on by ultima6605

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

lifesavedave

So ultima, rom, rdb and I are all in on pistols only tonight it seems so far. Are we going to try to get a friendly match against the pokemon again? They have like 25 guys so surely they can put together 4 on short noice. I'm ready for some payback after getting blown off the map last night.

goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Lun

Hi all,

I have been playing Goldeneye for some time, one of the best games out there.
If anyone is looking for a game

Lum (FC) 1107-4051-9552

Lun

Spoony_Tech

neolights wrote:

Hi all,

Lum (FC) 1107-4051-9552

Ill add youand welcome to the fourms. What rank are you?

MERG said:

RDB

neolights wrote:

Hi all,

Lum (FC) 1107-4051-9552

Welcome. I'll get you added later tonight when I go on.

@NL, looking forward to some NL tltk pistols matches. Hmmm.. I wonder if multitask lets you carry two pistols, so one could be silenced? I'm continually disappointed that the primary scope doesn't carry over to the secondary weapon, esp for silencer.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

i'm definitely up for pistols, i can't check the boards while i'm playing so i'll just watch what weapons you guys are using and react.

that was a lot of fun, ultima, aside from the finding a new host every match part. in that first industrial match that 008 guy was hosting it seemed to be running super smooth but i kept getting killed in one hit. it sure as hell wasn't working the other way around, either, i had to go for headshots to keep up with those guys and it was still kind of slow to kill them. i noticed you came out of it with a low (by your standards) kill count too, so i don't know if you had that issue too or not. i laughed at that archives match where we almost had the same score. good work on climbing up the leaderboard too, i noticed that you're really getting up there. NL's got some 1st class representation on the board now!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.