Forums

Topic: Your worst nightmare - how will Nintendo Bork things up this time?

Posts 81 to 97 of 97

Ralizah

@Bass_X0 Good thing the entire game isn't the hub world, huh? Also not sure what's "generic" about it.

New Mario looks incredibly creative with its unique worlds (as opposed to fire, ice, etc. themed locations) and fun sandbox gameplay.

Generic is about the last thing this game is.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

rallydefault

I'm pretty worried about the online "stuff."

I hope, hope, hope that voice chat isn't limited to the smart phone app. It seems insane that it would be, but hey... we're talking about Nintendo lol

Personally, I don't think the NES/SNES game for a month and gone is a big deal. I beat my free PS/Xbox games and move on - rarely do I go back to replay them, and I'm sure many other people are the same. But still, it's terribly bad headlines/press to not be able to keep the game when your two competitors allow you to.

Still no achievements. This forum had a HUGE debate on achievements over the summer, but I'm one who thinks they could attract A LOT of "modern" gamers, perhaps slightly younger ages and teenagers. I'm just saying - people LOVE their trophies and achievements, and Nintendo has an excellent opportunity to launch something unique for their brand (coins, item boxes, power-ups, etc. - possibilities are endless and pretty cool) that would allow people to "show off" their online profile in a more robust community. Even smart phone games like Temple Run have achievements, and they probably help retain the casual player and give them small goals to shoot for.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

Bass_X0 wrote:

What is there to be impressed about of a generic city?

because that's literally the only thing they showed

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

blaisedinsd

They are borking up the two most important things about a console.

The Cost. The games.

Too high and not enough.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Andrzej777

blaisedinsd wrote:

The Cost. The games.

Too high and not enough.

Totally agree. It seems to me as if they were the topdogs! With the best line up, the best specs and could charge any price and be sure fanboys will be more than willing to accept it and pay it gladly.

I hope people will stick together and send Nintendo a message that this will not work and wait until the price gets dropped. Everything else is madness. They let us down with the wii u. I mean why stop bringing out games for it? Theres lots of fans owning a wii u - wouldnt it be cool to have a couple of more games for it besides botw? Do they want to force us to buy the switch at prices that are just ridiculous. I think early adopters will feel screwed and disappointed. And wharts worse, if the console doesnt sell in the long run, third parties will leave and nintendo will drop it, too. Really, why dont they want to bring at least some more games to the wii u, dont they think it would be nice for all those fans who invested in an underpowered console and ill-conveived controller to have some more support? It certainly doesnt feel right to me to come up with something new and way overcharge it and actually deliver very little.

Edited on by Andrzej777

Andrzej777

rallydefault

Andrzej777 wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

The Cost. The games.

Too high and not enough.

Totally agree. It seems to me as if they were the topdogs! With the best line up, the best specs and could charge any price and be sure fanboys will be more than willing to accept it and pay it gladly.

I hope people will stick together and send Nintendo a message that this will not work and wait until the price gets dropped. Everything else is madness. They let us down with the wii u. I mean why stop bringing out games for it? Theres lots of fans owning a wii u - wouldnt it be cool to have a couple of more games for it besides botw? Do they want to force us to buy the switch at prices that are just ridiculous. I think early adopters will feel screwed and disappointed. And wharts worse, if the console doesnt sell in the long run, third parties will leave and nintendo will drop it, too. Really, why dont they want to bring at least some more games to the wii u, dont they think it would be nice for all those fans who invested in an underpowered console and ill-conveived controller to have some more support? It certainly doesnt feel right to me to come up with something new and way overcharge it and actually deliver very little.

'

Yes, I agree. As Nintendo fans, let's boycott their new machine, watch as third parties flee once again due to poor initial sales, and then buy it when they drop the price once its fate has already been sealed.

That'll show 'em.

Chalk one up for the arrogant social-media age consumer, ironically putting their favorite companies out of business since 2008.

rallydefault

Julius_Senpai

How is 300$ too expensive for a NEW gaming console? And I do believe that new PS4 games are priced around the same. Even if the switch games are tiny bit more expensive than that, they are on what is essentially an SD card, which will provide faster loading times than disc based games and probably no need to install games on the system at all.

Julius_Senpai

rallydefault

Julius_Senpai wrote:

How is 300$ too expensive for a NEW gaming console? And I do believe that new PS4 games are priced around the same. Even if the switch games are tiny bit more expensive than that, they are on what is essentially an SD card, which will provide faster loading times than disc based games and probably no need to install games on the system at all.

$300 is not too expensive for a new gaming console - you're right. Especially one that is effectively both a home and mobile console.

And at least here in the U.S., Switch games are going to be the same exact price as PS4 and Xbox games, which in turn is exactly the same price Wii U games were. I paid 60 bucks for BotW preorder just like I paid 60 bucks for NSMBU or Call of Duty or Uncharted or whatever.

People want to mainly complain about the accessory prices, it seems. They don't want to accept the fact that the system comes with two controllers, literally. I don't care how small they are. I don't care what personal feelings or what philosophical/emotional garbage people can come up with that disqualify the Joycons as "counting" as controllers. They are controllers. You use them to play the games. They're even throwing in a grip that, by hands-on reports, makes the controllers feel pretty darn nice for single-player games. End of story.

And if you pay 80 bucks, you get two more controllers, effectively paying 40 bucks per, which is 10 dollars less than the competition.

The whining needs to stop.

rallydefault

toxibunny

Yeah but if you want to play ARMS two-player, that means you have to buy another TWO controllers, by that logic...

toxibunny

rallydefault

@toxibunny
Yep ... what's so shocking about that? That's the way that game plays. This may come as a shock, but sometimes, certain games are a bit different from other games.

rallydefault

toxibunny

It's times like these I wish this site had a block/ignore button...

toxibunny

kkslider5552000

toxibunny wrote:

"This regular made a post that didn't insult me at all, let's actively point out how I wish I could block this person and never see a thing he posts again. That will make me popular among the users!"

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rallydefault

@toxibunny
I'm sorry my answer didn't exactly tickle you pink, but yea ... that's my answer. Ignore me if you want. You were correct about ARMS, like I said, but I hardly think one game out of dozens displaces my argument.

@kkslider5552000
lol couldn't have said it better myself

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

espresso

My worst nightmare is that they keep the NNID locked to a console.. Geez what a system.

espresso

rallydefault

YellowFighter wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

toxibunny wrote:

"This regular made a post that didn't insult me at all, let's actively point out how I wish I could block this person and never see a thing he posts again. That will make me popular among the users!"

Oh yeah, that perfectly describes a certain user on this site who does the same exact thing. (That one person knows who they are).

Ahhhhhhh!!! Who is that person? I'm dying to know!?

(Is it me?? I honestly have no clue lol)

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.