Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 4,651

I-U

Purchased Runbow, Astro Bears and the DLC for Snipperclips so that my family has more multiplayer options when my little sister and her boyfriend come down for 4th of July weekend.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Magician

Grindstone
Block Knockers
Chicken Police

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

Atelier Mysterious Trilogy pack. Now that I am rocking 2TBs I could have gone digital but these games are huge. I’ll pay the physical tax.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

inenai

Paper Mario: The Origami King (I was waiting for a discount).
.....I'd give it a 6/10. Inconsistent difficutly, weirdly compensated with extra loot that tries to makes things easier... felt weird. But still delightful storytelling and characters (though sadly no new unique character designs- only generic bob-ombs, toads, koopas, etc). The best: The exploration and the humor.

Zelda and Sonic forever, just not in a shippy way.

SKTTR

inenai wrote:

Paper Mario: The Origami King (I was waiting for a discount).
.....I'd give it a 6/10. Inconsistent difficutly, weirdly compensated with extra loot that tries to makes things easier... felt weird. But still delightful storytelling and characters (though sadly no new unique character designs- only generic bob-ombs, toads, koopas, etc). The best: The exploration and the humor.

Paper Mario: The Origami King

They took only characters from the classic Mario universe so they could make new Origami versions out of them. A new species specifically for this game would have made things too chaotic. The Origami forms of classic Mario characters and enemies may be even more interesting than just a new set of characters, it's a neat change for once and a design gimmick to make this Paper Mario stand out from the others.

I enjoyed the world (it's very immersive and memorable), the characters (dialog is top notch), the puzzles (tons of Zelda-style variety), the graphics (beautiful and clean), music (an endless stream of great compositions), presentation (glitchless, fluid, 1080p 60fps Triple AAA Nintendo quality), and completing every area 100% (addictive as heck), just like in every other Paper Mario game. Some of the battles weren't great, and like in many roundbased RPGs can get repetitive, but some were outright genious. I wouldn't give it a 10/10 like the Paper Mario trio for Nintendo 64, Gamecube, and Wii, but it was different enough, and very fun nonetheless. I think it's at least an 8/10 and worth a playthrough.

The Origami King gets just double flak because it's once again trying to do something different instead of being like the first two games, and it's not the perfect dream game that fans wanted, unlike Smash, Mario Odyssey, BotW, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, etc. which all blew their predecessors away.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

rallydefault

Origami King is top 3 Switch games for me, right behind BotW and Odyssey. Absolutely fantastic game, in my opinion. I read a lot of "reviews" of the game on this forum and others, and I often wonder how many of the "reviewers" actually finished the game. Some of their comments are quite telling that they obviously didn't see certain things near the end.

Anyway, I took a 13-dollar chance on Doki Doki Literature Club and really enjoyed it. I never played it on PC, and I know people were grumbling about how the dev would treat <it>, but I thought it was cool and didn't spoil anything for myself until after I had beaten it a few different ways.

rallydefault

Magician

Blue Fire
Destroy All Humans!
The Silver Case 2425
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ophone

Got "Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World" in the mail today.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

StarFalco

Just Bought...
The Silvercase 2425 Deluxe Edition

All In The Reflexes

Switch Friend Code: SW-1852-3950-9117 | My Nintendo: StarFalco | Nintendo Network ID: StarFalco | Twitter:

Magician

What The Golf
Mi'pu'mi Collection
Inmost
Last Day of June

1UP_MARIO

New Pokémon snap £30. Great price

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ophone

Ordered a total of 8 games last weekend.
Yesterday one arrived, I've already posted about that.
Today I received 5:
Shantae: Half Genie Hero, Superepic, Guacamelee! Two Punch Collection, Dead Cells and Owlboy (so technically even 6).

CurryPowderKeg79

Just bought a physical copy of ( Y's IX ).

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Shadeon_Koopa

Grabbed Glyph and Strikey Sisters on eShop (just hours before sale ended for both).

Playing: Picross S+ (Switch), Balatro (Steam)
Next: Logiart Grimoire (1.0 release, Steam; I backed this on Kickstarter!)

My Nintendo: *Lola* | Nintendo Network ID: Shadeon_Koopa

StarFalco

Just purchased Ender Lilies

Pumped to play

Edited on by StarFalco

All In The Reflexes

Switch Friend Code: SW-1852-3950-9117 | My Nintendo: StarFalco | Nintendo Network ID: StarFalco | Twitter:

Magician

Red Wings: Aces of the Sky
Monstrum
Descenders

Artonide

Pre ordered today. 😍 Estimated delivery date 12th october.
Untitled

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

ophone

Got Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom and Kaze and the Wild Masks today, both physical.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic