Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 2,883

ophone

Just received Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill: Slaps and Beans.
Bought it from a German seller on Ebay.

Edited on by ophone

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.
Currently on Cuphead.

CurryPowderKeg79

Fez
Rogue Heroes
Serious Sam Collection

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9
MARIO GOLF: SUPER RUSH
(JUST BEAT)
BIOSHOCK 2
BIOSHOCK
THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
THE WITCHER 3
THE OUTER WORLDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

RR529

Star Wars: Republic Commando

While the frame rate is indeed a bit choppy, I'm still finding the game to be fun, although tough.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

WWE 2k Battlegrounds
Reverie:Sweet As Edition
Ori and the will of the wisps

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

Tales of Vesperia. Won't play it anytime soon, but it was $12, and I'll definitely get to it eventually.

Most Anticipated Games
SMT V (NS)
BotW 2 (NS)
Horizon Forbidden West (PS4)
Metroid Dread (NS)
Advance Wars 1 + 2 (NS)

Currently Playing: SMT III: Nocturne HD Remaster (NS)

Magician

Poison Control
Samurai Jack
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Aaero (50% off eShop Murica)
Castle Crashers (40% off eShop Murica)
Huntdown (40% off eShop Murica)
Heroes of Hammerwatch (35% off eShop Murica)

Switch Physical Collection - 790 games (as of September 8th, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

ophone

Got Crash Bandicoot 4 as well yesterday.
An import from Amazon.com.

Currently on Cuphead.

jump

I've been buying up stuff from the indie sale. I've got Shantae and the Seven Sirens, Limbo, Inside and My Friend Pedro.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Quimbolas

Moonlighter, it was on sale. Hope it grabs me!

Quimbolas

Magician

Scourge Bringer
Shantae
Shantae Risky's Revenge
Later Alligator

Switch Physical Collection - 790 games (as of September 8th, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Tyranexx

@jump Limbo and Inside are both decent games, though I do recommend playing the former first, in release order.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Drill Dozer (Wii U VC), WarioWare: Get It Together! demo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

WoomyNNYes

I liked playing Inside around halloween with my brother. So, I just got Limbo the predecessor, since it's $1.99, and 123 MB hardly eats up card space.

Now, if we only had a folder to keep newly bought, unplayed gamesūü§Ē. I'm likely to forget I bought Limbo, since the game tile will get buried on the Switch home screen. Thanks Nintendo ūüė† (ūüėČ)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
Rocket League (platinum 3/diamond 1 3v3)

jump

@Tyranexx cheers for the tip. I imagine I will be playing these in 6 months times as I got them (after hearing the accolades) as they were on sale and to add to the backlog/rainy day emergency supplies so I will try to remember that when I do play them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

I'm trying to add a few titles to my physical collection:-

Untitled

I imported Undertale. Guacamelee and Ori Will of the Wisps were both quite heavily discounted.

MarioBrickLayer

Tyranexx

@jump No problem! That way, you'll get to see Playdead's development progression. Stocking up for rainy days is certainly a good precaution.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Drill Dozer (Wii U VC), WarioWare: Get It Together! demo

TheJGG

@Tyranexx I was meaning to ask you, how did you find INSIDE and Limbo? I saw them on your Switch profile and it reminded me of the extremely sublime experiences I had with both games.

I played INSIDE first, and it was certainly the more terrifying game overall. The ending was so... so mysterious. There were some truly horrifying sequences, like the underwater submarine chase, the underground subway dog chase... it was really grotesque.

Limbo was second and the art style was really nice on the eyes. It allowed for some really simplistic but challenging puzzles and the music meant it was so.. so enjoyable.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@TheJGG I really enjoyed both games! I grabbed them both in sales late last spring and played them over the summer. They absolutely nailed the atmosphere, music, and environmental cues. Many of the puzzles are well done too. Limbo's art style really fit in well with the puzzles. There were a couple of obtuse solutions near the end, but overall it was decent. Inside is definitely the better of the two in my book and is a natural progression of development ideas learned from Limbo: more interesting puzzles, nerve-wracking sequences such as what you mentioned, some truly disturbing, yet thought-provoking scenes....Perhaps my only mild complaint would be my wish that there was more put into the ending (Well, the main ending), but it's by no means bad.

TheJGG

@Tyranexx The ending for Limbo was extremely thought provoking, but Inside's ending left so much open to interpretation, in a negative way. Limbo's ending felt... earned and even emotional because of what happened right at the end.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

ophone

I ordered a Hori Switch Pad Pro, it should arrive Tuesday.
The Joycons are so tiny, they give me minor cramps when I play the Switch on the go.
I hope the Hori will counter that.

Edited on by ophone

Currently on Cuphead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic