Forums

Topic: Why Would Wii U Owners Be Burned if NX Home Console Launches In 2016?

Posts 21 to 40 of 170

haigh1011

@WebHead: Finally someone with sense. How long do people actually think they will get out of a console 5 or 6 year keeps dreaming. I've only had my Wii U for 1 year and I'm happy with what i have got out of it. The way things are going with consoles and their price, the NX will probs only be like $400 upon release which is nothing

Edited on by haigh1011

haigh1011

WebHead

@haigh1011: probably less. Dont see them going over $300. But yeah seems they'd just rather see it wimper through 2017, which they know it will.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

shaneoh

WebHead wrote:

Not to be mean but with the evidence and leaks being legit, I think anyone that denies it at this point is due to emotional investment in Wii u.

"evidence and leaks being legit"

Lol.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

haigh1011

@shaneoh: What you believe that none of the leaks that have come out have been legit?

haigh1011

WebHead

@shaneoh: what has been wrong thus far?

WebHead

shaneoh

haigh1011 wrote:

@shaneoh: What you believe that none of the leaks that have come out have been legit?

The only one that seems to be the case is that one with screenshots of folders. I was actually quite sceptical about that, but it was spot on. Better to be wrong for the right reason, then right for the wrong reason.

Edited on by shaneoh

haigh1011

@WebHead: Like most of them say "everybody already knew all those games were coming anyways" I watch a video yesterday on a pretty big youtuber channel and they said that it was highly unlikely that metriod prime FF would be out late spring and guess what happen today, but that doesn't matter lol. Don't worry about whimpering through 2017 its going to whimper through 2016, the only thing i'm looking forward too is Star Fox zero and disappointment that probably no more N64 will be released on the VC

haigh1011

WebHead

@shaneoh: So the typical "counter" because the kirby game was totally expected, righto?

WebHead

rallydefault

@WebHead: Eh, just leave @shaneoh alone, man. He's not going to admit to anything, even when the stuff is right in front of his face. He'll find some way to twist and turn and wriggle things so that he can get out of admitting that he was wrong, much like quite a few others on this board.

People have forgotten how to just man up and say, "Yea - I was wrong about that."

rallydefault

shaneoh

WebHead wrote:

@shaneoh: So the typical "counter" because the kirby game was totally expected, righto?

Funny, I saw nothing in one of the other leaks about Star Fox Guard or Paper Mario. It also predicted SMTxFE for the second half of the year. As well as other date issues.

rallydefault wrote:

@WebHead: Eh, just leave @shaneoh alone, man. He's not going to admit to anything, even when the stuff is right in front of his face. He'll find some way to twist and turn and wriggle things so that he can get out of admitting that he was wrong, much like quite a few others on this board.

People have forgotten how to just man up and say, "Yea - I was wrong about that."

I "manned up" 4 posts ago. Here's the link:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-nx/why_would_wii_...

haigh1011

@shaneoh: Didn't you? you must have been like the only person that didn't know paper mario was getting announced theres been talk about that for weeks

haigh1011

WebHead

@shaneoh: I was talking about the supermario64 leaks too, with Federation forces in spring, pokemon niji being sun and moon, ounannounced wii u game(paper mario), disney art academy.

WebHead

shaneoh

haigh1011 wrote:

@shaneoh: Didn't you? you must have been like the only person that didn't know paper mario was getting announced theres been talk about that for weeks

I was talking about Metaldave's leak lacking that information, consider that the existence of the game was common knowledge by that point.

WebHead wrote:

@shaneoh: I was talking about the supermario64 leaks too, with Federation forces in spring, pokemon niji being sun and moon, ounannounced wii u game(paper mario), disney art academy.

As I understand it, Disney Art Academy was being whispered about around the net already, there was also a online store listing from several days before the date the first video was posted. Niji I have already mentioned, numerous times, it seems to be the code name for any Pokemon game in development. Federation Force is hitting late spring, correct, so what? As I said earlier, he said SMTxFE was out in the second half of the year.

Edited on by shaneoh

WebHead

@shaneoh: So his leaks have been spot on so far. Stop denying it lol. If you want toplay zelda on wii u just get it on wii u.

WebHead

shaneoh

WebHead wrote:

@shaneoh: So his leaks have been spot on so far. Stop denying it lol. If you want toplay zelda on wii u just get it on wii u.

Lack of SNES on N3DS
No info on Star Fox Guard
No info on Kirby
No info on Paper Mario
Incorrect date for SMTxFE
Directs made no mention of Minecraft DLC (supposedly coming soon)

Define "spot on" for something that, at best, gives us information we already know, and at worst, vague to downright wrong information.

I have enough disposable income to buy an NX, but I'll have to get it on Wii U at this stage because there is no evidence to say it is going to be on the next console.

Edited on by shaneoh

WebHead

@shaneoh: so gameplay, title, release windows, mechanics aren't news to you? and his leak was covering retail stuff.

But hey if you want to keep denying it though its right in front of your face, then that's your perogative. Nor will i hold this against you when its announced. We will just have to agree to disagree until E3.

And even then if you're not ready to buy a new home console, then just don't.

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

@shaneoh: I think with SMD's leak, Paper Mario would have to be the 1 unannounced Wii U game if correct as we only knew about it via another leak rather than official info.

The codename titles seem to be the only confusing part so far. There were 5 codenames excluding the already confirmed Niji = Sun/Moon (Caviar F, Torte City, Cadillac, N-Stars and DMW2). Unannounced games in this Direct were:
Monster Hunter Generations (Summer 2016)
Rhythm Heaven Megamix (later this year)
Kirby Planet Robobot (June 10th 2016)

The leak stated that the list was not including 3rd parties so Monster Hunter can be removed from the list. Rhythm Heaven is probably Cadillac, Kirby is probably Torte City but wouldn't June count as early Summer? If so, what is Caviar F or does Kirby count as small of which what is Torte City?

On the side of release dates for known games he's been absolutely spot on so far and the same can be said about what he said in his video about Wii U (only 1 unannounced game which was Paper Mario).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Uh yeah, being half true is not exactly "spot on" for his leak.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shaneoh

WebHead wrote:

@shaneoh: so gameplay, title, release windows, mechanics aren't news to you? and his leak was covering retail stuff.

But hey if you want to keep denying it though its right in front of your face, then that's your perogative. Nor will i hold this against you when its announced. We will just have to agree to disagree until E3.

And even then if you're not ready to buy a new home console, then just don't.

I don't understand what you're suggesting with the first sentence, however the second sentence doesn't explain the mentioning of Minecraft DLC.

Thank you for allowing me the prerogative of having my own opinion. As you seem to think that hitting the edge of the dart board is a bullseye, I'll allow you that prerogative

Thank you for the sound financial advice.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

On the side of release dates for known games he's been absolutely spot on so far and the same can be said about what he said in his video about Wii U (only 1 unannounced game which was Paper Mario).

Not SMTxFE he hasn't. As I've said, his video said 2nd half of the year, it's coming in the first. Considering, for the past year, Nintendo have been releasing information for the following six months, it's not unsurprising that all the previously announced games games are coming soon. There is nothing to suggest that they don't have another 4 unannounced Wii U or 3DS games for the second half of the year.

TingLz wrote:

Uh yeah, being half true is not exactly "spot on" for his leak.

Glad I'm not the only one to see that.

Edited on by shaneoh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.