Forums

Topic: Why Would Wii U Owners Be Burned if NX Home Console Launches In 2016?

Posts 161 to 170 of 170

DefHalan

@OptometristLime: I already have a power strip and my Uverse TV takes up the component/composite inputs.

EDIT: Is it really such a crazy thing to not have enough space for a NES/SNES/N64/GameCube/Wii/Wii U all hooked up at once and would rather just newer consoles be able to play those games?

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Therad

Let say NX don't have BC, but they sell a BC-solution you can hook up to the NX (like a dvd-reader). How much would you be willing to pay for that?

Therad

Andrzej777

Therad wrote:

Let say NX don't have BC, but they sell a BC-solution you can hook up to the NX (like a dvd-reader). How much would you be willing to pay for that?

Think I might still go with buying additional wii u units. I generally wouldnt care too much about bc if the games werent that good and I hadnt bought so many, most of which I havent played yet.
For now I am holding back on any console purchases. When I get to know about the nx and its possibilities I will make a decision. Already bought an additional pro controller and two more classic controllers, so I am invested in it.

Andrzej777

haigh1011

@Andrzej777: What do you think your Wii U is just going to crap itself in a few years? I have a feeling it's going to be good for at least another 10 years

haigh1011

Andrzej777

@haigh1011:
I dont know - just want to be on the safe side. Anything can happen to a console, it may fall down and break , no really I have 15 Wii U titles, and 31 Wii titles and over 20 virtua console games. I usually buy games that interest me and play them when I feel like. Right now I started playing the first Fire Emblem for gba on virtua console, and before I start playing awakening I will play sacred stones and radiant dawn, so it might be a very long time until I get to play fates. No rush at all.

Andrzej777

Grumblevolcano

@Andrzej777: I strongly recommend not playing Radiant Dawn until you've played Path of Radiance, it's one of those sequel games where the story has little meaning unless you've played the previous game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Andrzej777

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Andrzej777: I strongly recommend not playing Radiant Dawn until you've played Path of Radiance, it's one of those sequel games where the story has little meaning unless you've played the previous game.

Thanks for the heads up! I would definitely like that but I dont own path of radiance, who knows maybe they will bring out gc games on nx virtua console. So maybe I will skip that one and play awakening after the virtua console titles. As a matter of fact I might play fates sooner as it doesnt seem to have any connection to previous games, I just tend to play games in order of their release (as much as possible)

Andrzej777

haigh1011

@Andrzej777: I understand what you are saying, I do that a lot as well I got tonnes of Wii game that i've got to get too cause you never know what your going to feel like playing in 5 years. Thats the dilemma i've got now with my N64 but I found its more my games that aren't working thats why I wish the VC was so much better so I would have a chance to replace most of them

haigh1011

Andrzej777

haigh1011 wrote:

@Andrzej777: I understand what you are saying, I do that a lot as well I got tonnes of Wii game that i've got to get too cause you never know what your going to feel like playing in 5 years. Thats the dilemma i've got now with my N64 but I found its more my games that aren't working thats why I wish the VC was so much better so I would have a chance to replace most of them

Games not working is another dilemma. Hope it wont happen to me . No, seriously, I highly value the replayability of nintendo games and since graphics arent that necessary for me I could see myself playing those old games in like 10-20 years even , as much as I like playing old games on vc. Its not a huge problem, though. My thinking is that once the nx will be released and lets say its a hybrid, the wii u and the 3ds will vanish, sooner or later, so I might invest in both those consoles, its not very economical, but when I think how much I invested in games the investment doesnt seem to be that huge. On the other hand a fully backwards compatible nx would help a lot and probably be a day one purchase. But lets be honest there is still some time until it releases or even until its revealed and explained what it actually is and does

Edited on by Andrzej777

Andrzej777

Jaredfrogman

I can't wait for the NX, as long as the new Zelda launches with it... It's the main reason we got the wiiu a year ago. After getting xenoblade X, we probably don't have space for the new Zelda save files on our wiiu. Hoping there's enough storage this time around!

Jaredfrogman

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.