Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 67,201 to 67,220 of 70,086

JaxonH

The Micron i400 1.5 TB Micro SD card has officially released!

Only available at wholesalers, most of which require a min purchase of 100 cards to order, there is one specific wholesaler that is selling individual units, and, for $180 less than the competition at $420.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered by UPS within the next 1-2 hours. Will post pics once received.

Anyone who needs more storage (how much more? MOOOOOORE!!!), there are 112 cards in stock atm on Newark's website.

https://www.newark.com/micron/mtsd1t5anc8ms-1wt/microsd-card-...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

And here it is.

I may be the first person on the planet to insert a 1.5 TB micro SD card into a Nintendo Switch.

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Colonel_Mustache
Will do! I know Kioxia revealed their prototype 2 TB micro SD, and said it would release to consumers at some point, but that was 5 months ago and no word since. Who knows how long it'll be until those surface.

@Anti-Matter
More than you'd pay

https://www.newark.com/micron/mtsd1t5anc8ms-1wt/microsd-card-...

Sn0wgl0be

Can anyone help a noob? I'm picking up a game for a Switch that I intend to buy, but from the seller photo I noticed there are scratchy-looking lines on the contacts. Is this game damaged or do they all look like this? - https://i.imgur.com/WABZqEb.jpeg

Sn0wgl0be

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH is micron legit? Not sure I heard of them and I typically worry about what I'm putting in my switch.

NintendoByNature

skywake

Micron is one of the biggest global producers of NAND. It basically goes Samsung, XMC, Kioxia, Micron. Pretty much every bit of solid state storage you buy will be by one of those four. Just often with a more consumer recognisable brand name plastered on the box

Sandisk and Western Digital are Kioxia, Samsung is Samsung, Corsair is Micron and XMC is a Chinese state owned company so, probably not in any flash brands people recognise I suspect. If you dig into any SD card brand it'll end up probably being one of Kioxia, Samsung or Micron. It's also why the bleeding stuff comes from those brands first They're the ones making the actual product so they're generally going to have the first opportunity to sell the higher capacities

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

skywake

@Colonel_Mustache
It's a tad more complex than I made it out to be but yeah. Technically Western Digital owns Sandisk so Sandisk is Western Digital. The actual fabs where Western Digital's flash is made? They're jointly owned by Kioxia and Sandisk. So when you buy a Sandisk SD card you're technically buying flash made by Kioxia in partnership with the Sandisk division of Western Digital using the Sandisk branding

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

gcunit

Magician wrote:

I'm now into chapter ten for Witch on the Holy Night and all I want to do is ram my fist repeatedly into Aoko Aozaki's smug, condescending face. Well done, Type-Moon, well done. I'm really enjoying this story. I think this might creep into my top five for favorite visual novels on Switch?
Steins;Gate Elite
Raging Loop
Coffee Talk
VA-11 Hall-A
???

Considering that I think the AI: Somnium Files, Spirit Hunter, and Danganronpa games qualify more as adventure games. I also have yet to play and/or finish Doki Doki Literature Club, WorldEnd Syndrome, Clannad, The House in Fata Morgana, Bustafellows, etc.

Hmm, perhaps it will.

Interesting. I'm only about 1.25 titles into my visual novel odyssey on Switch, the 0.25 being Raging Loop, and I still wouldn't put it in my Top 5. Kinda abandoned it cos it wasn't working out for me, wasn't keen on the art style, and don't think I was gel-ing with the writing either. But I thought I was returning it to the person I got it from and have ended up keeping it, so I might give it another chance some day...

The 1 was WorldEnd Syndrome, which I liked. There wasn't anything particularly amazing about it for me, but I found myself wanting to stick with it and see it through, just enjoyed the vibe, the writing and the cast of characters. It was all pretty low-key but I think I ended up thinking it was 8/10 territory in my eyes, despite a few annoyances with the way it was structured.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Seems the question was already answered but ya, they're definitely legit.

@Colonel_Mustache
And, Kioxia spun off from Toshiba. They literally invented flash memory.

JaxonH

Having just finished Metroid Prime Remastered, I might give a little time to some other games that just released or are about to release.

• Bayonetta Origins: High praise all around- I played the demo and transferred the save data but haven't touched it since
  • Atelier Ryza 3: Another quality Atelier game, but I'm not sure I'll play it before the other two
  • Trails To Azure: Another exceptionally high quality Trails game but, since save data imports from Trails From Zero, I'll hold off on this until I complete the first
  • Remnant From the Ashes: Seems to be a solid Switch port, but lack of gyro aiming really stings
  • Fire Emblem Engage Expansion: Releases a week from Wednesday, I believe. But I should hold off until completing the game. Very few things can yank me away from Fire Emblem, but Metroid is one of them.
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Re-boot Camp: Two weeks from Friday of the week FE expansion releases, we get this game. Once and for all I'll dive into this series, give it a proper go, and evaluate its merit.

It also seems I preordered the RE4 remake (Steam) on GreenManGaming for a discount a while back and forgot about it, but I'll probably just hold off for a Switch 2 port down the road, since I know that system is going to get all these games ported similar to how Switch got all previous games ported. I'd rather not kill the excitement of a future hybrid release.

In all likelihood though, I'll probably just go right back to Metroid Prime 2 Echoes with dual analog and gyro on the Deck. If I knew for sure a Switch remaster was coming I'd wait, but I'm burning with desire to play more Metroid Prime right now, and I can't wait. If it comes to Switch I'll replay it for a 3rd time, but right now I need my Prime fix to continue.

Ralizah

I went on a trip to California and then Las Vegas last week, and I had the opportunity to finish up both Fire Emblem Engage and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (this last one literally in the last possible moments, as our return flight was in the process of descending).

Next up on Switch will be getting further into Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse and Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo. Although I'll only play those at night, since they're horror games. Meanwhile, I need to get back to Soul Hackers 2 on PC Game Pass and start up a playthrough of Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4.

I'll probably dabble with Advance Wars as soon as it releases, but will be saving an intensive playthrough of the second game for later in the year.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

@gcunit

I really appreciated how your perspective constantly changed from between being the killer and not being the killer in Raging Loop. It was refreshing. All too often we're given one perspective in visual novels. And it's usually of the protagonist.

As for WorldEnd Syndrome. I'm about ten hours in, but then I ran into a path where I died, and I wasn't compelled to work around it. I probably had something else I wanted to play instead. Happens often.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

@Magician I know the feeling...

Regarding WorldEnd Syndrome, you're probably around the stage it got frustrating for me, and it was the one thing that let the game down for me.

This is not a plot spoiler, but just a spoiler about how to go about approaching the game, if you want my advice: give up trying to take an organic route through the summer calendar or guessing where you hope to find certain characters will be each day, and just cheese the save system from the beginning of a summer to find out where everyone is each morning/afternoon/evening, then on the next play through you can see where everyone is pretty much all the time, enabling you to follow the does the game intends for you to follow.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

For me the near future setup is looking like Return to Dream Land Deluxe -> FE Engage story DLC -> Advance Wars 1+2 with a load of MK8 Deluxe among all that. After that will depend on whether Nintendo reveals anything that makes TotK look exciting because right now I feel very meh about TotK.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ninfan

Is there a way to get gold points for a sealed physical game without opening the seal ?

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic