Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 67,181 to 67,200 of 70,008

Anti-Matter

@TheBigBlue
Year 2024 for new Switch machine sounds make a sense as the technology after 7 years old it started to show outdated specs.

Anti-Matter

old-dad

TheBigBlue wrote:

2024 is reasonable for a new console release. I don’t know what some of these Internet personalities are smoking, but again, these are the same people that predicted a ‘switch pro’ every year since the switch’s release so they don’t hold any credibility. Nintendo corporate are saying they still have a strong switch lineup and that’s great! Saves everyone money on a more expensive console that people are going to hate on anyway because it doesn’t have this or it doesn’t have that, whatever. Whether that lineup is filled to the brim with remakes and remasters or brand new games, it doesn’t matter. Either is great! Metroid Prime Remastered was great! Tears Of The Kingdom is gonna be great! I’m quite ok with them waiting until next year for a new console. Hopefully the new console and the switch can coexist with titles made for both platforms for a period of time before the switch’s run hits the brakes.

+1 my backlog is growing by the day

old-dad

old-dad

Anti-Matter wrote:

@TheBigBlue
Year 2024 for new Switch machine sounds make a sense as the technology after 7 years old it started to show outdated specs.

Specs outdated ? It plays the majority of games designed for it just fine. Performance wise its better than either "next gen" console out of the box lol.

Personally not looking forward to another console that's game's require 70gb patches lol

old-dad

Anti-Matter

@old-dad
I'm glad my PS4 / PS5 games collection are not gargantuan GB size.
Mostly between 3 - 9 GB with a few of 10 - 15 GB and a little bit of 30- 40 GB.
You don't even know what games I played on PS4.
I only play kids games with mostly very small GB size.

Also, Switch specs machine currently still outdated to play simple kids games especially from Outright Games / Microids / Game Mill to have same performance as PS4 version with 60 fps and good performance while the Switch version I oftenly heard get downgraded.
This is 2023 and I don't support partial download / streaming only / code in box treatment from Switch games due to outdated machine specs that have to sacrifice the games quality with half baked release.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Magician

I beginning to wonder if Nintendo Switch will be the first console to go from it's generation to the next without a price drop?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

@Magician Yeah that seems likely to be the case. Will probably drop the price once the new console hits the shelves.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Magician

@FragRed Very possible, no doubt. But what if Nintendo decide to keep OLED at $350 as a means to angle and justify the Switch successor potentially being priced at $400 or higher?

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

@Magician I think Nintendo would need to find a way to spin the whole idea keeping prices as high as they are for old tech when other companies have no problem reducing that price tag over time. And that’s gonna be one hell of a difficult spin to sell potential customers.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Magician

@FragRed I suppose Nintendo could pull a circa-2005 Sony and tell their customers to get a second job, work more hours, in order to afford the next Switch. Stay classy, Nintendo.

JaxonH

Sonic Origins Plus looks great!

Playable Amy in all 4 main Genesis titles. Knuckles added as playable in Sonic CD. And 12 Sonic GameGear titles!

A lot of them are trash but there's a few good ones. Notably Sonic Triple Trouble, which I played as a kid with the huge magnifying glass add-on and a box of batteries in the back seat of the car when we took a road trip to Yellowstone.

Couldn't find a list so I screenshotted the games shown in the announcement video.

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@JaxonH Meh I’d prefer if they used Master System versions as well as Game Gear. That’s a disappointment as I’d have got it otherwise.
@Magician That sounds suspiciously like the current U.K. government, only instead of to buy a console it’s to live.

JaxonH

@FragRed
For $9.99 to upgrade its a no-brainer for me.

And there's a physical edition with 20 page art book and reversible cover... I despise modern Sonic but I'm all about my classic Sonic.

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel I'm kinda glad I waited. Now I can attempt beating Sonic 1 for the 6th time.

dysgraphia awareness human

FragRed

@JaxonH Are they doing anything with the Game Gear versions like they did with the Mega Drive ones? The trailer seemed to show them as if straight ports. If they at least made it so you can see more of the level, like the Master System versions showed, I’d be okay. It’s really the zoomed in screen of Game Gear that bothers me.

Anti-Matter

The Sonic games just made me got panic attack, like the high speed running and quick trigger in the complicated stage made me have uneasy feeling.
I want to like the games but I'm really suck at playing Sonic games.
I guess Sonic games are not for me.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@FragRed
I'm not sure. I suspect they will be just ports but with save options. I agree the screen size vs sprite size is an issue for many games, especially with how the camera follows you vertically. At least performance issues should be ironed out.

Grumblevolcano

Wave 2 of the Mario sale is:

• MK8 Deluxe
  • 3D World
  • Odyssey
  • NSMBU Deluxe
  • Mario Maker 2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

I'm now into chapter ten for Witch on the Holy Night and all I want to do is ram my fist repeatedly into Aoko Aozaki's smug, condescending face. Well done, Type-Moon, well done. I'm really enjoying this story. I think this might creep into my top five for favorite visual novels on Switch?

Steins;Gate Elite
Raging Loop
Coffee Talk
VA-11 Hall-A
???

Considering that I think the AI: Somnium Files, Spirit Hunter, and Danganronpa games qualify more as adventure games. I also have yet to play and/or finish Doki Doki Literature Club, WorldEnd Syndrome, Clannad, The House in Fata Morgana, Bustafellows, etc.

Hmm, perhaps it will.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic