Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 67,161 to 67,180 of 70,103

old-dad

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintendo mentioned Advance Wars for the first time since the Direct:

Hopefully the release date stays intact.

Pre-ordered it today. Try to get 1st party games in physical and they never drop in price anyway lol

old-dad

TheBigBlue

No point in moving it back now. Advance wars has been a completed game for over a year. If a war didnā€™t start last year before itā€™s release, everyone would be playing it right now

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I donā€™t know. Hereā€™s your signature.

Grumblevolcano

Tetris 99 is back, this time for FE Engage.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

I swear Tetris 99 is the definition of fashionably late these days. Theme looks alright, though it's a touch bland (fitting for the game it comes from I suppose).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Magician

Releasing Advance Wars on 420, Nintendo?

I like where your head is at.

Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I don't like the art of Alear for the Tetris theme. But I'll still be all over it this weekend.

Fire Emblem expansion in just 2 weeks from today is unexpected. They released the DLC way sooner than I thought they would. I'm all for it though. Hate waiting a year to play DLC for a game I'm no longer playing.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH FE Engage DLC Wave 4 being in April honestly makes me wonder if XC3 DLC Wave 4 may also be April as we did get story teasers of both in the February Direct. That combined with the already confirmed Advance Wars would be one way Nintendo could avoid having to talk about TotK.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Don't think so.

They already stated the timeframe for the Xenoblade expansion, and it's supposed to be coming toward the end of this year.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

Nintendo Switch sucessor will no longer use Tegra239 as it chipset, it seen now that Nintendo next hardware will use now Tegra Thor as it chipset now(avalible in 2025)

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

IceClimbers

Wouldn't be surprised if both Xenoblade Wave 4 and the Splatoon 3 Side Order DLC are both September.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH All we know about the release timing is sometime before December 31st which was also the case with the FE Engage DLC.

@TheBigBlue It was a Nintendo Spain twitter ad according to the Splatoon 3 thread that Side Order releases in 2024. Eshop also says "Planned for release by 31/12/2024" but that was also present for Sparks of Hope wave 3 which was then confirmed for late 2023.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Doubt it.

Switch 2 will likely be hitting the market in 2024. And chips they use will almost certainly have already been announced at least 1-2 yrs prior to launch.

Either its T239 as countless info and leaks have suggested, or if it is a smaller, 5nm node, it'll be something that already exists. Not an automobile chip that launches in 2025 (this reminds me of the, "Switch will use Tegra X2!" rumors despite X2 being for automobiles, way to expensive and not yet released).

Switch 2 >> 8nm node (its possible they move to 5nm but, I doubt it).

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH are we sure the Nintendo Switch sucessor would launch next year? because acording to Doug Bowser interview at Associated Express it kinda of implied the console launch is still way off, anyway, i will for a official confirmation at Nintendo when they expect to launch it next hardware.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Giancarlothomaz That interview means nothing. They'll deny the existence of new hardware until it is officially announced, regardless of how soon said hardware is launching.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Giancarlothomaz

@IceClimbers so this will be just like back when Reggie Fils Amie denied Nintendo will launch a new DS/3D model, and then one later, Nintendo anounced a new DS/3DS model, but we are talking about a new console, not a new model of the Switch family, like Doug Bowser denying Nintendo wount launch Switch Pro or Switch Lite Oled and they 6 months later, the launch said console, different circuntances for similar outcomes

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Giancarlothomaz

Nintendo show possible title screen of Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom at Pax East 2023

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

FragRed

@Giancarlothomaz No one at Nintendo are going to say anything about new hardware until the moment they are happy to make it an official announcement. That would just do serious damage to potential sales of the current console available. Sega learnt that with that E3 97 speech where Bernie Stolar said the ā€œSega Saturn is not our futureā€. That one speech destroyed any moment the Saturn had in sales and the Dreamcast wasnā€™t even going to launch for another year. This is why Nintendo will be incredibly cagey about ever saying anything about new hardware until they are ready.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

old-dad

Nintendo wants to move another 15 million units this year so I doubt we hear anything official till January 2024 at the earliest.

old-dad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic