Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 67,021 to 67,040 of 69,981

FragRed

@JaxonH That sounds like both a threat and a certain Japanese horror film. I’m curious to see this play out.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

old-dad

@Magician Downloaded the Dredge demo but not got to try it out yet. Looked interesting and Team 17

JaxonH wrote:

Ori and the Blind Forest on sale for $4.99 on eShop

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/ori-and-the-blind-for...

Ori and the Will of the Wisps on sale for $5.99 on eShop

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/ori-and-the-will-of-t...

I will personally climb through your screen, into your wallet and make the purchase for you if anyone doesn't jump on this.

Danget just when I thought it was safe 🤣 Thanks !

old-dad

Kermit1doesmath

@JaxonH feel free to jump into my wallet lol, I'm broke until Zelda comes out.

dysgraphia awareness human

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Late May I was specifically thinking Splatoon 3 because of the 3 month seasons. The next season update will release on May 31st (in preparation for the season start on June 1st) so I think they'd release Side Order the same day given how they approached the Inkopolis DLC. Then MK8 Deluxe wave 5, XC3 wave 4 and FE Engage wave 4 releasing at some point in June.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

old-dad

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

chipset of Nintendo Switch sucessor could be in the process of production right now.

All of which cold be true, or more than likely none of it lol. That chip is/has been rumored for at least 2 years.

I'm hoping Nintendo just sticks to what has worked. Tired of day one 52gb patches followed up with a 70gb patch. My series X is going away I can say that lol.

old-dad

JaxonH

Ya know, I would probably sell my XSX and PS5 if not for the fact I stacked Gamepass for 5 years (3 banked + 2 yrs attached to system as part of 18 month payment deal thingy), and if not for all the digital games I already bought for PS4 (and a couple PS5 games). Feels like sunk cost at this point, and I know that's a fallacy but, even though I never use them and they just sit there I always think I might one day in the future. Heck, I would probably even sell my gaming PC too if not for the fact I like having a PC just in case.

Portable gaming ruined everything but Switch and Steamdeck for me, and hybrid gaming mostly ruined everything but Switch. Come next gen with Switch 2, I'm going Nintendo only I think. I just lost all desire to play games anywhere else. If it ain't hybrid, it doesn't appeal to me. No matter how good a game may look, seeing it TV-only makes me write it off no different than if it were a mobile game.

I'll still keep the latest SteamDeck on hand though I think, because it is after all a portable, it offers gyro across the board, and can serve as a good backup for any must-play games that don't come to Switch 2. I've just found that... over the years the list of games I feel are "must play", when they're not full hybrid experiences, is pretty thin. Unless it's a new Monster Hunter, I probably won't get around to playing it, even with the handheld portability of Steamdeck. It's just not enough anymore to be handheld. It's better than being stuck on the TV at home, that's for sure, and it will at least get me to fire the game up at launch, but... I need my games to be full hybrid to hold my interest. I need TV when I want TV, handheld when I want handheld, tabletop when I want tabletop.

If a day ever comes Nintendo goes in a different direction and stops offering hybrid gaming, Idk what I'd do. I think it would honestly break me. I need it. It's not just a side benefit, or a bonus, or a neat little aside. It's an essential, core part of my basic needs to enjoy this hobby moving forward. Going backward would feel like being forced to use a landline after using a smartphone for the last decade. If I had no choice, I'd probably stick with handhelds at the very least, but even then I imagine the time I spend gaming would drastically decrease. At least for future games. I'd probably keep my Switch OLED for the rest of my life and just play backlog on that.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I mean PS5 is still a great machine to play.
Just because you are already comfort with portability, it doesn't mean the non portable gaming devices are suck.
I personally like both portable and non portable gaming devices. They have their own signature games I can consider to play.

Anti-Matter

Kermit1doesmath

I'm a little late to gaming in general but the Switch is by far my favorite console only followed up by PC which is technically not a console.

If a new Switch comes out I will probably wait a year or two just to see if any problems arise from it being new and all.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH dont do this to yourself, if you have resouces to continue playing all the consoles keep them, you never know, when a game of your dreams could come to your PS5 or Xbox Series/X, is always good to have at least two consoles to play all the release we desire

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

skywake

Nintendo + PC, all you need. Been my approach since forever and certainly more true now than it has ever been

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Anti-Matter

skywake wrote:

Nintendo + PC, all you need. Been my approach since forever and certainly more true now than it has ever been

I'm different.
I like to play almost every game consoles and handhelds so I have a lot of Nintendo and PlayStation games collection since every consoles have their signature games.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

I'm actually enjoying my series s as a complimentary piece to my switch. Hi Fi rush folks. Check it out if you have the means to do so.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Almost done with Metroid Fusion now, and still at the end of Metroid Prime Remastered.

These games fulfilled something in me I haven't felt in a while, and depression is starting to seep in knowing they won't last much longer. I want more. If Zero Mission came to Switch Online, that would extend the euphoria, but even that would be over soon enough.

What I need... is Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. That's what I need. On Switch. I could fire it up on Wii U... but its not hybrid, and not having dual analog is a huge turn off. I could play it on SteamDeck with PrimeHack, but it starts stuttering at 5 fps after 20 min of playtime, requiring a reboot to fix. That's the sort of thing they fail to mention when singing the praises of using Deck for PrimeHack.

No... I need it on Switch. And I'm not sure any other game is going to be fulfilling until I get it. I look at my backlog of banger after banger- never finished Fire Emblem Engage, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Octopath Traveler 2, Triangle Strategy, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 5 Royal, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII... on and on and on.

But none of these games are appealing to me right now... I want Metroid. I need more of it. I need Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. With dual analog gyro. On Switch. That's what I need. Ugggh this sucks

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I mean playing other games on different consoles are not that bad.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
It's never been about "being bad", it's about being inadequate once your eyes have been opened to a more excellent way.

You wouldn't understand. Your gaming life hasn't been fundamentally transformed by the freedom to play how, whenever and wherever you want. Such a person could not possibly hope to relate.

old-dad

Anti-Matter wrote:

@JaxonH
I mean playing other games on different consoles are not that bad.

Yeah pentament and hifi rush was enough for the series x to keep its place along with switch and pc on the tv lol

old-dad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic