Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 67,001 to 67,020 of 69,983

gcunit

Not sure how many in this thread are UK based, but anyone know if anything went down on the My Nintendo Store this morning?

I went there to check an order status but was put in a queue for accessing the site. Made me wonder if something hot had dropped like TOTK Collector's Edition/Amiibo, but I've not been able to work out what, if anything, caused the queueing. Checked Twitter an' all but nada.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@gcunit Yeah they are offering collector stuff with Zelda like a coin or medal or something. I got an email from Nintendo about it and deleted it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

gcunit

@jump Yeh, I saw that stuff yesterday. Surprised if that had caused a stampede though cos it wasn't a particularly sought-after set of stuff, I didn't think.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@gcunit well people do like junk, especially the basement dwelling gamer geek types who don't leave the house and so try to fill their internal void of unhappy emptiness with collector items.

You could probably buy a loads of those thingys and make a mint off them on Ebay.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@Yannis
Decapolice looks really good. And speaking of Detective games, Raincode is also coming in a few months.

Between the two of them, we're eating like filthy pigs, and I love it!

@Magician
I never got hooked on the 3DS Fantasy Life but I hear nothing but praise for it. This new one looks very clean and polished. It also has those celebratory jingles like a Nintendo 1st party game, which I'm a sucker for.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

old-dad

Decapolice and Mr. Layton look fantastic ! Glad to see some Level 5 games coming west

old-dad

Yannis

@JaxonH exactly, and like the filthy pig i am, as of yesterday my copy of Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE has been preordered ^^

Yannis

Switch Friend Code: SW-1329-7751-0704 | Nintendo Network ID: Johnnie

JaxonH

Seems the demo for Bayonetta Origins has also convinced Switch Corner to buy day one, despite them having no plans to pick it up originally.

Think it's clearly a good demo, and is doing its job well if it's selling a lot of people on the game.

Also, that new Mario movie trailer is pretty fantastic.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Croctopus

@Colonel_Mustache Power-ups would make a Donkey Kong Country a lot easier. I don't see something like that appearing in a DK game but I wouldn't complain about DK being playable in a Mario game. We should've known that it's a shared universe all along. DK's heaviness would be an interesting trait in a 2D Mario platformer.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

skywake

Why not go all out at that point and make a large roster 2D platformer? Smash Bros but for 2D platformers.... and I don't mean just do the single player Smash pseudo platformer bit

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Fizza

SO APPARENTLY SUPER MARIO RUN GOT UPDATED TO BE FREE (with an asterisk) AND LITERALLY NO-ONE'S TALKING ABOUT IT???

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Can't say I'm that excited for Ghost Trick, but I'll still probably pick it up just on word of mouth to see for myself what it's all about.

Raincode will be top priority that day, at least for me. Strong Switch exclusive 3rd party games typically get my focus, besides the fact it just catches my eye with its flashy art style and "slashing through contradictions" pitch.

Jumping back and forth between Metroid Prime Remastered and Metroid Fusion on Switch is just... ahhhhh. There's no other word to describe it. It's an "ahhhhh" kind of experience.

Anti-Matter

Untitled

I'm surprised this game will be on Switch too ?? 😯

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

Ghost Trick is looking like a day 1 purchase for me at the moment though I imagine I will be busy with big Nintendo DLC around then. Late May/June feels like around the time we'd get Splatoon 3 Side Order, XC3 wave 4, FE Engage wave 4 and MK8 Deluxe wave 5.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

I'm scrounging around the interwebs looking for impressions on Disaster Detective Saiga (a.k.a. Sainan Tantei Saiga in Japan) and it appears as though almost nobody has experienced this visual novel yet. I'm interested because the story involves eldritch horror stuff, and I'm all about the mysteries of the cosmic unknown. Which is why Dredge is so high up on my anticipated games of 2023 list.

But uh, yeah, there's a dearth of info out there.

It could result in this being one of those Japanese exclusive physical releases that gets one print run then just disappears, like Abyss of the Sacrifice.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Ori and the Blind Forest on sale for $4.99 on eShop

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/ori-and-the-blind-for...

Ori and the Will of the Wisps on sale for $5.99 on eShop

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/ori-and-the-will-of-t...

I will personally climb through your screen, into your wallet and make the purchase for you if anyone doesn't jump on this.

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Nah I'd say more late June/early July for DLC. They're not releasing anything other than Zelda in May.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic