Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 66,961 to 66,980 of 70,008

JaxonH

March Releases

• Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania (3/6)
  • Metroid Fusion (3/8)
  • Fatal Frame IV (3/9)
  • Trails From Azure (3/14)
  • Bayonetta Origins (3/17)
  • Remnant From the Ashes (3/21)
  • Have A Nice Death (3/22)
  • MLB The Show 23 (3/28)

My must haves are Metroid Fusion, Fatal Frame IV, Trails From Azure and Bayonetta Origins.

As for Remnant From the Ashes, the eShop screenshots are looking really good. If the game looks as good as the screenshots indicate and also manages to run stable, it's going to be a must have as well. My brother raved about this game and begged me to play it with him online. I believe the entire campaign can be played online co-op with a friend, which is always nice to see. It's kind of a Souls-like game, but it has its differences and isn't nearly as similar as some others out there I'd classify more as clones. The game is a bit easier as it doesn't punish you by losing your stuff when you die. Which to me is a huge benefit. I played a few hours of it on PC. I hope the Switch port turns out well.

Have A Nice Death is not a game I'm interested in, however. Just doesn't do it for me. Idk.

And lastly, Bayonetta Origins is a game I did a complete 180 on. At first I was like meh, but after seeing the unique combat and more classic Zelda like game structure, I suddenly got the appeal. Now I'm actually rather excited to give it a try.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

The FE Engage wave 3 DLC is available now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Some upcoming Switch games according to play-asia.

Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

My gaming funds are going towards any last minute 3ds and wii u purchases. Thankfully, its light on the switch front for me this month anyway, and I'm about to start Metroid Prime.

NintendoByNature

old-dad

@JaxonH

Metroid Fusion. Its Metroid lol
Bayonetta Origins. Fell in love with the artwork the moment I saw it.
Remnant from the ashes, Had my eye on this one and hoping it is a good port. Not much on Souls games but Im hopeful.

Picked up Diofield chronicles today and plan on starting on that next week. Played the demo and feel in love.

old-dad

skywake

@JaxonH
I'm not so convicted by your argument here. For starters the Steam Deck is a relatively low volume product sold at a loss, they were pushing hard for the internal spec and things like the screen were secondary. Case and point the fact that there's no OLED. So pointing to the Steam Deck isn't much of an argument

Secondly, and as I already said, VRR is pretty hard to avoid in monitors these days. It's not the premium feature it used to be. It only makes sense for it to find it's way into a portable. Especially if Nvidia is providing the SoC given it was Nvidia who pushed for VRR the hardest and earliest

Thirdly, on it not being a feature people care about. On the box? You're right, they won't care. However they will care about its side effects. Better battery life, improved perception of smoothness, potentially better visual fidelity given the would be less need to rigidly maintain 60fps, you could dip to 50 and have it not really be noticeable. Yes at super low frame rates persistence is an issue. But it's a hell of a lot better than lurching between 30 and 60hz every other frame

Will they do it? I don't know. I'm hot holding my breath for it outside of support for it via HDMI 2.1. But could they do it? I think yes. Would it matter? Also yes. Would it matter more than 1080p? VERY yes

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

old-dad

@skywake Would vrr help with browsing the eshop lol. I think more than anything they need the eshop tweaked or rebuilt.

old-dad

gcunit

I've not been helping myself on the game budget situ by deciding to catch-up a bit on the amiibo front. Just dropped another £70 on them at the My Nintendo Store (plus the same again (+) on eBay in the past week), but had a 10% discount code so decided to use it 'sensibly' by making sure to include a few other items that had been on my wishlist, which resulted in me ordering the steelbook bonus-Bayonetta Origins. With that and Trails from Azure (Ltd. ed.) already locked in, and Metroid Prime Remastered having snuck up on me, March might have to settle with that from me.

I am gonna wanna pick up the Fatal Frame game too though 🤔

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

skywake

@old-dad
To be fair, I think some of it we just remember it being better than what it is on Switch. In terms of the speed of transaction and general ease of use? The eShop on Switch is far better than previous consoles. At the very least it's accessible entirely in a browser outside of the Switch itself now, which I know was a thing in the US for previous consoles but it's not something they did in Australia properly until the Switch. In any case, there's a reason why the Wii U eShop had that mini game and the Wii Shop Channel had that download animation. Things have improved

But for consumer friendly-ness? Yeah, we've gone backwards. I mean the Wii U greeted you every time you booted it up with MiiVerse. Literally showing you what games people were actually engaging with and what they thought about them. And on the Wii there was the Nintendo Channel which allowed you to rate games you'd played and also see what games people rated highly

On Switch there's the trending amongst friends section hidden under your account and the different screens on the eShop. That's it. I mean I'd like some kind of rating to be able to be shown directly in the eShop ideally. I think it would also be good they did something along the lines of what Spotify does with recommendations. But as it stands there are marketed lists, recently added which moves way too fast and best-sellers which is abused by publishers gaming the way discounts are promoted

So yes, I agree the eShop needs a rework.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

gcunit

@old-dad Oh, and **** you for making me look up Diofield Chronicle again and seeing it for a decent price just now, that's a further kick in my wallet for March now, plus I've just remembered I'll be getting Atelier Ryza too 🥵

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

old-dad

@skywake i kinda miss the miis greeting you every time the wiiu was turned on but the wiiu UI was bad slow lol. The switch is far better in that way but lacks some features.

Honestly if they can manage to actually have a real cart, user ratings and possibly list a few suggested games that would be great.

old-dad

old-dad

gcunit wrote:

@old-dad Oh, and **** you for making me look up Diofield Chronicle again and seeing it for a decent price just now, that's a further kick in my wallet for March now, plus I've just remembered I'll be getting Atelier Ryza too 🥵

🤣sorry ? Yeah barely a week into march and the amount of games im wanting is out of hand lol

Dang and just saw DKC is 39.99 now 😭. Been wanting that forever so might try picking that old relic up too.

Edited on by old-dad

old-dad

Grumblevolcano

Bayonetta Origins has a demo out now on the eshop (not talking about the demo of it in Bayonetta 3).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

old-dad

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bayonetta Origins has a demo out now on the eshop (not talking about the demo of it in Bayonetta 3).

Thanks for the heads up 👍. Gonna grab that right now lol

old-dad

Grumblevolcano

It is increasingly looking like next week is the big TotK info blowout. I did think the following week (i.e. March 21st/22nd) to give Bayonetta Origins some room but with the demo released today I'm leaning more towards the big TotK info blowout being next week.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano i believe Nintendo will give us more information regarding Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom in april, since i checked the PAX East 2023 website and theres no mention of Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom on it, only Nintendo VS Acarde.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Giancarlothomaz Nintendo haven't announced their playable lineup yet, that's why you can only see Nintendo VS Arcade. Esports stuff (Nintendo VS is esports) is announced way further in advance than the lineup the general public can play.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic