Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 65,541 to 65,560 of 66,940

Ralizah

@Ninfan Most games work at least as well in handheld mode as they do docked.

As for the type of games you'd want to play handheld? That's a personal thing. Like, for a lot of people, Smash Ultimate is a TV-only game, but I ONLY ever play it undocked.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I got in on that deal from BestBuy also.

But Gamestop offers a steelbook with the Gold version so I got that too. Gonna sell the Gold version game on eBay afterward to recoup 80% cost and just keep the steelbook.

I also don't mind paying day one if I really want to play a game. Mario Rabbids will eventually drop in price, but I don't wanna wait 6 months just to save $20, or 1-2 years to save $35. If I feel I can wait that long to play a game, then I probably don't wanna play it badly enough to even buy it in the first place.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Persona 5 Royal, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

It takes alot for me to buy a game at full price the only game I got that came out this year was Xenoblade 3. I plan to grab Elden ring FE3H tiny tinas wonderland and sparks of hope then they are discounted. Other than then I may get Ragnarok launch day.

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

My name is the victim of A holy war where there were no winners

Watch Inside Job

Kermit1Pineapple

How hard is it to transfer everything to an OLED. I've never done the transfer thing before and I have a few questions.

1. Will my Screenshots and videos transfer

2. Can I transfer my other profiles that have saves that use the same account as my main one

3. Will my NSO icons save

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

Grumblevolcano

Really impressed with Nier Automata so far, you can really tell how its success influenced Astral Chain which was my GotY in 2019. The combat is very strong like the rest of Platinum's games that I've played, the story's seeming interesting and the port itself is very stable and looks good.

I will say, the intro being long with having no saving was rather frustrating but I managed to get through it on Normal thanks to being given loads of recovery items.

With no Splatfest confirmed for October, Nier Automata will be my focus until the XC3 wave 2 DLC releases.

@Ralizah @JaxonH It's more about if you have to make cuts, Sparks of Hope is an easy tactical decision to drop because of the steep discounts very soon after launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
That's fair.

Personally I feel it's a game that looks too good to cut, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Nier Automata, Mario Rabbids, Persona 5 Royal, Bayonetta 3. Those are the non-negotiables for me this fall.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Persona 5 Royal, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1

1. You can only do it with an SD Card.
Heres a link as to how; https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-transfer-data-nin...

2. You transfer each profile individually but I don’t fully understand what you are asking

3. They are attached to your profile so I believe the answer is yes

Here is a Nintendo life article and video
https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/nintendo-switch-transfer-...

Edited on by EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Watch Inside Job

Kermit1Pineapple

@Eagly What I was asking was I have 3 profiles all attached to the same account.

I just did a Reddit search and found an answer to that question.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 sorry

Watch Inside Job

Kermit1Pineapple

@Eagly It's ok, I didn't fully understand myself either lol.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Ralizah

@JaxonH @Grumblevolcano It's perfectly rational to wait when a game is published by a company known for their aggressive price depreciation. I do that with 95% of non-Nintendo published games.

But not this one. It's an exclusive that had a ton of love and money poured into it. This looks better than almost anything Nintendo has put out on the system. Basically, it looks fully worth the $60.

Hopefully it sells another ten million units and we get a third game in the series on the successor. Ubisoft is basically dead to me otherwise, but this series is gold.

Which is so weird, considering how everyone laughed at the idea when it was first leaked.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Ralizah I love the first game I’m just cheap. If I had to pay full price or more I would. But yakuza inshin is coming out next year It is easily my most hyped game not counting Silksong because it doesn’t exist

Edited on by EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Watch Inside Job

Grumblevolcano

P3P and P4G release January 19th 2023 (a day before Fire Emblem Engage). I'm guessing no Switch and PS logo in the tweet is more of the same nonsense we saw in June about Microsoft having a few days timed exclusivity over the announcement.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

I assume that'll be the release date for the Switch versions as well (though my guess is that'll probably be a bit later)? Was not expecting it to be out so soon after P5 honestly. P4 Golden has been one of my most anticipated releases ever since it was announced so I'll be keeping a close eye on this for any developments.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

jump

Ralizah wrote:

Which is so weird, considering how everyone laughed at the idea when it was first leaked.

To be honest I still find it weird Mario uses a gun to kill baddies but the execution is done in a way they can get away it. Same with the Rabbids, rather than just having them be the annoying Rabbids from their own games which people would have hated they are cleverly used as parodies of the main Mario cast which works wonderfully.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

Ralizah wrote:

I'm not sure it was necessarily laughter.... more absolute mortification.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah That showcases more the difference between leaks/rumours and official reveals. Leaks/rumours usually cause a load of anger, frustration, disappointment, etc. by either setting people's expectations extremely high (e.g. Metroid and Zelda rumours turning out to be no shows in September) or by creating a incomplete picture (e.g. if the official HZD remaster reveal turned out to reveal free upgrade to existing owners there'd have been virtually no backlash if the rumour didn't exist).

There are only a few cases where gaming leaks and rumours have actually benefited the players. The one specifically that comes to mind is the Series X|S price leaks forcing Sony to price the PS5 reasonably.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH the Mario movie by Illumination has the potencial of be the best movie based on a game and become the highest grosing animation/movie based on a game, watch out Lion King remake your reign is over. and @Ninfan all games work well in handheld mode(all the games i have played so far, the resolution/performance has stayed spot on, with no noticable drop).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

jump

@Giancarlothomaz eh? The Lion King isn’t based on a game. It was a rip off from an anime.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

StarPoint

@Giancarlothomaz Yeah like Jump said, the Lion King remake was based off the original Disney animation from the 90s. There was also a game for it for the SNES, but the movie came first.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Crosscode (PC)
Monster Hunter: Rise (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic