Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 65,541 to 65,560 of 69,996

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m curious as to when this COD deal will produce results. For this I care as a shareholder only as I don’t play COD but the potential for sales is certainly there depending on the quality of releases.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

I think we'll see at least one more year of full Switch support before Nintendo turns their sights on a new generation. If that happens, and especially if Nintendo positions Switch 1 as a budget model after the release of the new hardware, I could see it hitting PS2 numbers.

It's hilarious to remember there were trolls trying to argue that the console would sell less than the Wii U at one point.

@Ryu_Niiyama I wouldn't expect to see anything CoD-related on a Nintendo console (likely the successor) before 2024 at bare minimum. 2025 seems more realistic to me. After all, the acquisition itself is still up in the air at this point.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Figure the Activision deal doesn't close until late 2023.

And it'll probably be a year of them organizing, assimilating projects, restructuring teams, etc. Only then, after all that, will they likely commit resources. CoD is on a 3 year cycle, so I'd expect 2027, a few years into the Switch 2 lifespan. It's possible they start porting something that can run like Modern Warfare Remastered after the deal closes, and assuming 1 year for the port, late 2024 would could potentially see a Switch port of a Remastered 7th gen CoD. And at that point, it would likely be a cross gen release with Switch 2 or just run better via BC. But as for a new entry, I'm gonna say holiday 2027, maybe holiday 2026 if the stars align.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah I was estimating about ‘25-‘26 myself. I do wonder if things go through if blizz/ms will make spec suggestions for ease of development. I could see MS potentially using this to leverage a foothold into the portable market. Either by using Nintendo as the vehicle (they need the toe into Japan still) or to learn from Nintendo and then pull a Sony and go their own way.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

@Ralizah The next CoD doesn't release until 2024 anyways. Given that the deal isn't supposed to close until June, I don't think there's enough time to get that entry up and running.

I think it'll be 2025's CoD on Switch 2, with maybe CoD Mobile on the current Switch in 2024.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
Hey, I'm all about the new Funky Mode. Haters gonna hate 😉 DKC Tropical Freeze was legitimately the most exciting info drop at that entire award show. Cranky Kong returning was hype! My entire childhood brought back in HD.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Tekken 8 and Star Wars Jedi Survivor are already confirmed to be at the Game Awards, with Street Fighter 6, FFXVI, and a new Crash rumored.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@Giancarlothomaz They've done a tweet for all the Nintendo related nominees except Sparks of Hope. That game wasn't even mentioned when they did the Best Family Game tweet:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

I think the fact Nintendo were so keen to sign up for the 10 year CoD deal gives the impression we're approaching the point where Nintendo considers it ok to release Advance Wars given CoD is mostly more unsuitable. The most likely 1st CoD game for CoD's return to Nintendo platforms is Modern Warfare Remastered given it's an already existing remaster of a 7th gen game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@Grumblevolcano Truth. At this rate we'll probably get to do "No Russian" before playing Advance Wars 1+2 on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

Huh. Sony sounding really upset and kinda just chucking things out there. Taking their anger out at Nintendo now?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Magician

An argument could be made that more preteens play CoD than adults over the age of 18 do, lol.

I suppose Sony's rambling is par for the course from a Murican-run platform like Playstation.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

@Magician It’s even funnier when the Switch has had its share of mature games like Doom and its sequel, I think one of the Wolfenstein games was ported too, Bayonetta 1, 2 & 3 and Astral Chain to name just several. But sure Sony, whatever you say.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

"Younger audience" that the data presented by Sony indicates is primarily....16 to 40 year olds.

Okie dokie then.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

@Haruki_NLI It’s almost like they’re chucking everything at a wall and hoping something sticks. Would be rather amusing if after all this time sitting watching the fight eating popcorn, this got Nintendo to stand up and just punch Sony… before sitting back to continue watching with excitement. 🤣

Giancarlothomaz

@Magician FTC just denied Activision Blizzard buyout by Microsoft, so no Call of Duty on Nintendo consoles. and @Fragred excuse me? Nintendo Switch is a hardware for children? didnt Sony see Nintendo infrographic that showed that people around 22 years old and in the 30 year mark is the demografic who play more Switch games

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-ftc-is-suing-to-...

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Pizzamorg

Picked up Chained Echoes. This one came out of nowhere for me, but the reviews are insane and it is very much my kind of game so I decided to pick it up, especially at that budget price. I’ve played about an hour so far to try it out and I am enjoying it, I can’t believe this made by only one person.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic