Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 65,521 to 65,540 of 66,940

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I prefer the symmetrical analog buttons for PS4 / PlayStation style controller than the asymmetrical analog buttons controller like Switch / XBOX controller since I play games such as DDR that I need exactly same button schemes as DDR Pad on Arcade so my thumbs can navigate the buttons to beat the arrows quickly.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ralizah

@Kermit1 SWOLED is awesome if you play a lot in handheld mode. Totally worth the upgrade.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

It's hard to believe I've been waiting over 30 years now for a proper Mario movie. The sheer brand power of Mario is astounding. It's crazy its taken this long (literally my entire life approaching 40 yrs old).

I understand why. Bad content damages the brand, and there was a whole slew of it in the early years (Super Mario Bros movie, Zelda CDi games, etc). Nintendo got very protective after that.

But its time. It's definitely time. Given the quality of the Pikmin short films, Miamoto's involvement, Illumination's pedigree, and Nintendo's desire to ensure this is a top shelf product with extreme care taken in respecting original material, I think the Mario movie has a shot at being the greatest video game movie of all time.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Persona 5 Royal, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ninfan

Has anyone around britain or ireland been able to purchase a switch game from gamestop in america

Ninfan

Kermit1Pineapple

Does anyone have any recommendations for good $80 CAD games. I think I'm passing on Pokemon Violet, that last trailer kinda turned me off from it and I have high anxiety when it comes to buying things (I stress over buying things like crazy), I like to plan ahead.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 I don’t know your preferences but if you want higher quality alternatives to Pokémon there are SMT5, persona 5, monster hunter stories 2, dragon quest treasures and xenoblade 2 which all feature creature collection.

Edited on by EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

My name is the victim of A holy war where there were no winners

Watch Inside Job

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
What is CAD games ?

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Anti-Matter Canadian dollars

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Watch Inside Job

Grumblevolcano

It came to mind when looking back at the Game Awards nominees that 2022 became the return of 2017 in different ways than we imagined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_Awards_2017

Quite a few of the nominated 3rd party games which weren't on Switch back then came to Switch this year like in the space of a month there's:

• Life is Strange Before the Storm (via Arcadia Bay Collection)
  • Nier Automata
  • Persona 5 (Royal)
  • RE7 (though a cloud version)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kermit1Pineapple

@Anti-Matter CAD = Canadian Dollar, USD = U.S. Dollar

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

JaxonH

Ok! Nier Automata and No Man's Sky have both released!

Now, a week from Thursday is Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope. And the day after is Persona 5 Royal. The week after that is Bayonetta 3.

Get ready.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Persona 5 Royal, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

Having to pass on Nier and Persona up front. Will wait til Christmas to grab those two.

Bayo and Sparks of hope are day 1 though.

NintendoByNature

DarthNocturnal

Bit of a shame that NMS doesn't have multiplayer at launch. Especially since it does support crossplay on other platforms. But it is true that, unless you go looking for it (or get crazy lucky), the game is mostly a solo affair.

Lack of settlements... eh, they are "neat" I guess. But they are fairly hands-off. Mostly just another thing to check in on after exploring for a while. And they don't seem to offer much for rewards, from what I've played. So you're not really missing much, imo.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox), DOOM II (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Sparks of hope looks awesome and is worth $60 but I cant justify getting it when it will be 1/3rd its price in 6 months TLDR; Im cheap

Watch Inside Job

Grumblevolcano

@Eagly I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 40% off a few weeks after launch in the Black Friday sales, that's what Ubisoft's non-AC Fall season games have done since 2020. Same can be said about Holiday season games and the New Years sale.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

My pre-order of Sparks of Hope came with a $10 promotional credit from BB, effectively making it $50.

Will it go cheaper in sales in November? Probably. But it looks absolutely fantastic, and I don't want to wait to play it.

If I'm excited enough about a game, I don't mind being an early adopter.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Ninfan

Does anyone use there switch In handheld mode, I mean with a game that works well on the small screen, if so what game or games is it ? Looking to buy some game's to use in handheld mode.

Ninfan

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@ninfan turn based rpgs/ strategy games such as persona, dragon quest, bug fables,, fire emblem and Mario plus Rabbids or farming games such as slim rancher stardew valley or factorio

Watch Inside Job

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic