Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 65,501 to 65,520 of 69,983

JaxonH

@Jhena
you will have to find your own way and learn to seperate hype, from what you really want to play

So true. I've played games ever since I was a kid with Mega Man 3 on the NES. But didn't come around to it as a main hobby until the 3DS, Vita and Wii U. It felt like being a kid in a candy store- so many different games to play. I wanted to explore and find what I liked, so I started buying everything. Over the years I've learned what I like and what I don't. Most of the big AAA games are not my thing, for example (with some exceptions- Wolfenstein New Order is the best FPS I've ever played).

But many games I've bought and realized eh... not really feeling it. Over time I've whittled down what I buy, but even then there's still a LOT of games I'm interested in. But I think, am I really excited for DQ Treasures? Or is it just hype? I know I'm excited for Crisis Core, Fire Emblem Engage, Persona 4 Golden, Pikmin 4, Zelda TotK and finally a good 2D Kirby game. I'm hopeful for Octopath II to have better unifying story. I'm curious about Theatrhythm Final Bar Line as I love Persona 4 Dancing as a rhythm game, but not sure if it'll grab me.

Some games may be more hype than genuine excitement to play, but that lust for something new wants to be fed, and oftentimes buying a game in hype helps satisfy that desire, even knowing it likely won't get played much, not necessarily because it's a bad game or one I'm not interested in, but because there are so many other more interesting games.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
I have not played it beyond the first hour or so. I do own it, but like so many other games, I tried it out, then moved on to something else. I love Paper Mario though. I think I'd rather play the N64 Paper Mario if I had to choose, and I'm an NSO Expansion member so I can. In fact I started playing it and got at least 5 hours in. But even that game, I eventually stopped playing and moved on. It's like, there's just so many good games and not enough time for them all. I'd love to go back and finish Paper Mario 64, but I'd also love to go back and finish Triangle Strategy, and Nier Automata 2nd/3rd playthroughs, and FE Warriors Three Hopes, and Persona 5 Royal, and Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and Sparks of Hope, and 13 Sentinels, and... well, you get what I'm saying.

If I only had 5 games, and Paper Mario was one of them, I'd play it. But when you have 5 hundred games, it's like oh ya, I wanna play it... but wait, what about this? Oh wait, what about that? Oh wait... it becomes so hard to narrow down the selection.

This video explains it well, I think

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
Again, it's not that I don't have great games to play, it's the choice paralysis from having too many to choose from, know what I mean? It's the back of my mind thinking, "is this really the best game to choose?"

Edited on by JaxonH

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
You don't need to play the best games ever.
Sometimes the not so best games also interesting to play.
Also, if I be you I will try Bug Fables for alternative Paper Mario style.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
I'm sure they can be interesting to play, but if they're not as interesting as an alternative, there's no reason to choose a less entertaining game. For me, life is too short to waste it on anything less than the best choice.

Ralizah

I have a reasonably large library of unplayed games (nowhere near as big as Jax's), but have never had an issue with choice paralysis, personally.

Just play what you feel like playing at the time. For me, that can mean focusing on one game for 120 hours, or bouncing around between five different games, or starting a game, sitting it down for three years, and then finishing it. I do sometimes try to plan ahead and impose some sort of order on what I'll play, but those always fall through, because what I end up playing is usually reflective of what I'm interested in at any given moment, and that's hard to predict.

If there are several games that hold an equal amount of interest for you, then just pick one and try it out. See how it holds your interest. Keep playing if it does. Move on if it doesn't.

It can be tempted to get swept up by consumerist zeal. Always needing to play the latest game, or look forward to the hottest upcoming release. We've all been there. And, you know, if you have the money, and that's how you enjoy experiencing the hobby, then there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

I have tried to only buy games day one that I'm immensely excited for, which has mostly worked. I still have a problem of grabbing games on sale and not playing them for years, though. The FOMO is profound in some circumstances. It's especially bad with digital sales, since there's so little to separate you from purchasing a thing.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I'm almost done playing Bug Fables with my nephew (stopped playing yesterday right before the final boss). I'm... really not digging it, unfortunately. I don't mean this to sound mean, but if this is what Paper Mario fans want the series to be like, I'm glad Nintendo is ignoring them. The game is so tedious most of the time.

They did nail the game's aesthetic, though. The bright colors and thick black outlines look incredible on a SWOLED. I just wish it was married to a fun game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I liked TTYD and Origami King a lot, and people kept talking up Bug Fables, so I was disappointed that I didn't care for it.

My nephew does, though, so we're about to finish it.

I think the lack of charm/humor, tedious dungeon design, confusing town layouts, and frequent lack of access to resources are specifically what I've taken issue with. Also, I'm not interested in playing around with the badge system at all, for some reason.

Admittedly, I didn't like Sticker Star or Super Paper Mario either, so it might be that I'm just picky about this style of game. Still have yet to try the N64 game or Color Splash.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

I've figured out what the Mario movie tie-in release is going to be, MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 4. Looking at the release timing you have:

• Wave 1 - March 18th 2022
  • Wave 2 - August 4th 2022
  • Wave 3 - December 7th 2022

So they seem to be aiming for 1 wave every 4 months which would suggest wave 4 releases on April 5th/6th of which the Mario movie releases in the US on April 7th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Kermit1Pineapple The Movie cast end up being playable characters in Mario Kart Tour alongside the new track.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Unsurprisingly Microsoft have followed Sony into the realm of $70 next gen releases.

@Giancarlothomaz I don't think it will be Rainbow Road, we already have a Rainbow Road in wave 3 (3DS) and we'll likely have a Rainbow Road in wave 6 (probably Wii). Given the wave 4 cups (Fruit, Boomerang), I'd guess a Yoshi based track for the Fruit Cup (the 2nd movie trailer confirmed the existence of Yoshis).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika i believe this games you mentioned is gonna be 2023 release, we are already in dezembre, EA has just begin the marketing for Star War Jedi Survivor, we have to consider that current technology make game development more expensive and time consuming, a game that would take 2/3 years on PS2/ Game Cube now take 4/6 years to complete, Nintendo better be prepared when they reach PS4/PS5 level of quality for it consoles.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

LikelySatan

Anyone else playing through Breath of the Wild again in anticipation of TotK? I'm loving it. Again. This game is really special.

Edited on by LikelySatan

LikelySatan

kkslider5552000

I've considered replaying BOTW but then I remembered my first playthrough of it was getting close to 200 hours, so uh, no way I have time for even half of that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Buizel

@kkslider5552000 Yeah this what's putting me off replaying BotW at this point. I don't really want to be burnt out on Zelda before even starting Tears of the Kingdom.

At least 2'8".

MajinSoul

Well, the battery of my Switch (V1) hit the end of the road unfortunately. The writing was kind of on the wall since I kept getting less and less playtime out of it in handheld mode and now the console goes into standby due to low battery charge even though it shows roughly 75 % remaining (used to happen at roughly 25 % and got progressively worse since). I've considered buying a new battery from Amazon but I went and got a Switch OLED instead. I haven't had much time to play with it yet but from what I have seen I am pretty impressed. The bigger display is nice, the audio quality is way better and the screen quality is much better than I expected. Like, I was using the island transfer app for Animal Crossing and looking at the exact same image on my 2 Switches right next to each other the colours of the V1 screen looked washed out compared to the Switch OLED screen. I'm really looking forward to (re)experience games on the Switch OLED.
I might still change the V1 battery if I ever decide to mod it though.

Edited on by MajinSoul

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

DannyBoi

@Nahr_Alma Its happened to me also. One point I had 2500 points, earned some from weekly missions and I had around 1900.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

JaxonH

@MajinSoul
Ya, once you see the OLED side by side, there's no going back. You can't miss what you don't know. When Switch LCD released it was fine because, well, we hadn't seen an OLED Switch before.

But now? I just can't do it. I can't go back.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic