Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 65,481 to 65,500 of 69,964

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Oh yeah I never thought about that, but that whole thing between the two companies really is going crazy. That’s a reasonable list to what we can expect from both sides. And the rest will be filled with mobile games, whatever Ubisoft are going to crap out and just generic games in general.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Giancarlothomaz

@FragRed i think the reason we gonna see might fewer anouncement at TGA, is because Microsoft is currently under market regulation to aprove it buyout of Activision Blizzard, anything they anounce or Sony could be used to as a fuel to aprove or decline the buyout of Activision Blizzard by Microsoft, i saw at VGC that the Federal Trade Commision(FTC) will likely file a lawsuit to block Microsoft buyout of Activision Blizzard and they will go to the court if necessary to apeal agaist FTC decision.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

FragRed

@Giancarlothomaz Yeah, @Grumblevolcano said the same thing. I forgot that drama was still going on. It’s kinda become noise to me now. I fully expect what is shown to be generic mobile games, some crap by Ubisoft etc. Nintendo definitely won’t show up unless so it’ll be a pointless show to many.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

"It's like a 2 in 1 console"

Actually, it's like a 3 in 1 console. People always forget the tabletop mode, but I use it all the time, and it's a distinctly different experience than either handheld mode or docked.

Being able to take a handheld, prop it up on an infinitely adjustable kickstand, detach controllers from the side and play it as if it's a tiny portable home console wherever you go... that's the cherry on top. That's what really makes Switch special to me. Handheld and docked is great, and I use both all the time, but that 3rd mode of play really elevates it to become something more.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Yeah rumors suggest that we'll get Street Fighter 6, FFXVI, Diablo IV, and Star Wars Jedi Survivor news there, plus I believe Tekken 8 was already announced to be there. Just those games plus something from Kojima and a Goldeneye shadow drop would make it the most interesting show in years hilariously enough.

@Grumblevolcano That whole ordeal makes me really curious to see what happens to Microsoft's 1st party lineup for next year. As it stands they have Forza, Minecraft Legends, Redfall, and Starfield, plus Xbox releases of AoE II:DE, AoE IV, and Ghostwire Tokyo lined up.

That's their best lineup in a long time, but I could see it hurting their arguments regarding the Activision acquisition. I can see them delaying some of those in order to spread the lineup out as thinly as possible. Starfield to 2024 type delays.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I think Starfield and Forza Motorsport will be most likely to be delayed. Microsoft has a lot to prove with Starfield given Bethesda has an infamous reputation for really buggy games at launch and Microsoft says they've learned from Halo Infinite so if that's true they'll delay again if need be. Forza Motorsport I feel is a case of timing, Forza Horizon 5 Expansion 2 hasn't even been announced yet and Motorsport always releases a fair amount of time after the Horizon expansions have released.

So my guess for the lineup would be something like:

• January - AoE 2 Definitive Edition
  • March - Ghostwire Tokyo
  • April - Minecraft Legends
  • May - Redfall
  • August - AoE 4
  • September - Hellblade 2
  • October - Forza Motorsport
  • November - Starfield, Halo Battle Royale

With the 2nd half of the year not mentioned at all outside of Forza Motorsport and Starfield delays until E3 which is when Microsoft expects the deal to close.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

I feel like I have constant analysis paralysis on Switch. Too many great games on my console to the point I never play the vast majority beyond a small period after release.

Like, I beat Xenoblade 3, Nier Automata and Bayonetta 3 these past few months. Great. But I have so much in backlog with Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Persona 5 Royal, Triangle Strategy, 13 Sentinels, Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, still playing Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, got Dragon Quest Treasures and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core out this week, and hundreds of other games I'll never actually get back to.

Sometimes I wanna play something different to spice things up, and can never decide what to play. It's a problem.

I'm actually starting to look forward to retirement (in 35 years time) so I can have more time.

And yet... sometimes I feel like it's never enough. No matter how many great games release I can't keep up with, I always want more, more, more. It's like, being addicted to the adrenaline rush of the announcement and anticipation of coming titles more so than the rush from actually playing them. Idk, it's weird.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
Ya, why is that?

5 years worth of great games to play, and yet a single upcoming game seems more hype than any of them, despite the fact it's probably not the best game of the lot.

And then once it releases and the hype fades, it becomes just like all the rest. Just another game lost in backlog. While the next new shiny upcoming release steals all the attention.

I recognize this is illogical. I see it with my own eyes. I don't want to allow my emotions to trump my rational judgement... and yet it continues to do so.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH It's about Sunbreak, I have the same situation with MK8 Deluxe. The game just keeps giving and in regular intervals such that you get distracted from other games.

If the Booster Course Pass didn't exist I'd likely have beaten MH Rise + Sunbreak (the story content), Triangle Strategy, Blue Lions route of Three Hopes, Live a Live, route B of Nier Automata, FFVII and be a decent way through Persona 5 Royal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LikelySatan

@JaxonH Personally, I have a few games that I go back to all of the time and I collect some modern stuff. I'm usually playing a retro fps, Breath of the Wild, and something new. I collect smaller releases because I love carts. I don't get too hyped about things I'm not going to touch...but I do buy certain games multiple times, especially if they get a late physical release.

LikelySatan

Jhena

@JaxonH
Usually I have only two or three extra games. When it is down to one I buy the next games. Most games I play, I also beat them. There is really no need to burden yourself so much. Feeling a little bit greedy, who can really blame you for that. So many great games worth playing nowadays.

I am sure with enough time and practice you will learn to put your love and attention in one game, instead of looking left and right, if you really want to.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

JaxonH

@LikelySatan
Problem for me is, I never know what I'm going to stick with until after playing it a bit. It's hard to predict which games will dig their meat hooks in. Sometimes games I thought I'd play through, I don't, and games I didn't think I'd play through, I do.

@Grumblevolcano
Ya, MH Rise Sunbreak is the game that never ends. Over 800 hrs logged now, MR85, and still going strong. The steady cadence of unlocks keeps you motivated- Furious Rajang at MR50, Valstrax at MR70, Scorned Magnamalo at MR100, Risen Kushala Daora at MR120, Risen Teostra at MR140, and 2 more title updates of monsters that will likely have unlocks at MR160, MR180 and MR200. And then the anomoly quests...

I feel like this is a game I'll play the rest of the generation, and maybe well into next gen, probably lasting until we get another MH on Switch 2.

And ya, having that forever game does steal time from others. I was hard-core into Dragon Quest in the 3DS era. Even modded my 3DS and installed Terry's Wonderland 3D. Was so excited to play that game. And now we have DQ Treasures dropping Friday, but who has time to start another game?! Especially with Final Fantasy the week after. And then next year doesn't relent. Fire Emblem Engage and Persona 4 Golden mid January, both of which are 100 yr hour games (they're long, but not that long lol)

And all I can think about is Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4, Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, Kirby, Octopath Traveler II, etc. The hype of all these games coming. Switch did something to me. Even before, it was always exciting thinking of upcoming games. But there's something about upcoming hybrid versions of games that really does a number on me. It feels like the most exciting thing in the world for some reason. Even 6 years going, that honeymoon period never really wore off for me. In fact, it was only strengthened when the OLED released. And that kind of exacerbates the issue. It's exciting seeing games release on Switch.

@Jhena
That seems like a good system to avoid the analysis paralysis and keep focused on what you're playing.

I think the issue is, it constantly feels like I'm missing out if I don't buy the games I'm interested in. So I do. But of course, time is a real limiting factor, so many end up never being played.

It's so hard to not feel excited for upcoming games, even though I know once I have them, they won't seem as appealing (of course there's some exceptions to this- Fire Emblem Engage is day one- I'm a diehard FE fan, Persona 4 Golden is one of my all time fave JRPGs, so even if I'm not playing day one I still want it day one, etc).

It feels like... it feels like for many games, if not most, the payoff of getting them is never as fulfilling as you'd expect after all the hype of waiting for them.

Edited on by JaxonH

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
"Sometimes I wanna play something different to spice things up, and can never decide what to play. It's a problem."

Just ask me and I will be a volunteer to give you some suggestions for never before played before games. 😃
And of course my gaming suggestions will be very very different. 😁

Some of my suggestions:
Epic Chef
Dodgeball Academia
Youtubers Life 2
Kitaria Fables
Moving Out
Doraemon Story of Seasons
Untitled Goose Game
Cooking Mama Cookstar
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town
Evoland Legendary Edition

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

FragRed

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I own all the Yakuza games, yet not played any yet along with a continuous growing back log of games I keep buying in sales.

JaxonH

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
I own all the Yakuza games as I got them all in Steam sales. They never really grabbed me. Not exactly my style of game. Plus, it's hard for me to stay invested in games that aren't on Switch- now that I've acclimated to hybrid gaming, going back to TV only feels limiting, since I play games at work every day and at the hotel each month when I travel. Constantly being interrupted as I play different games when I'm not home makes it hard to stay invested. The only game I ever actually completed on tv-only consoles after Switch released was Monster Hunter World, and even then I never finished Iceborn. And that's my favorite series of all time. Even that wasn't enough to keep me playing. I thought SteamDeck would help, and it has to some extent. But I think the short battery life, inability to seamlessly dock and no tabletop or detachable controllers has kept it from replicating that same versatility.

I've got plenty of different games on Switch, so that's not really an issue. It's more the fact I have too many to the point everything gets lost in a blur of hundreds of games to select from.

Edited on by JaxonH

FragRed

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Like a Dragon is a new storyline right?

Jhena

@JaxonH
The feeling about missing out is very understandable, especially since you are a member on this site. Everyone is playing something and many people play the newest games and write about it. It is hard not to get hyped at least a little bit. Sometimes I also get that feeling like I am missing out. Seeing all those gamers on Youtube and on this site. This makes for an unreal feeling, like there are people who play everything and you have to play every big, hyped AAA game, otherwise you do not belong. And like you have to be fast or you will be the last. But they are also just human and do not have the time to play them all. You are not a lesser player, if you only play two or three games a year. I guess you will have to find your own way and learn to seperate hype, from what you really want to play. Maybe this process takes your whole life time. Who knows but I am sure it will get better with time. Just take it easy and do not forget, that you already are enjoying videogames.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
Sometimes you need to play smaller games or unpopular games like my suggestion so you will understand why did I like those unpopular games.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
I Kickstarted Hollow Knight as a backer before it blew up. I've played it.

I think I like Metroid Dread, Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori Will of the Wisps more though, due to the maps that show where you are. I never beat either of the Ori games, as they've fallen into the backlog pile. I'd love to jump back into them, but it's hard to commit to playing them when there's hundreds of other equally appealing games in backlog, hence the analysis paralysis.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic