Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 65,401 to 65,420 of 70,035

JaxonH

Well, it's getting better. The crypto collapse has helped ease demand for GPUs, and the supply chain shortage and drop in customer demand for cars due to the economy has limited how many automobiles are being made, which also helps lighten the squeeze. They're expanding chip manufacturing but that won't be ready until 2024 at the earliest. Still, it is improving.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

@JaxonH
Supply of most of the good that were restricted are coming back. COVID itself is still causing issues in China economically but not really anywhere else. Then additionally we're in an inflationary environment globally which reserves are trying to control. When that eventually bites demand will tank for things like cars, GPUs and high end consoles

Next year could well be a perfect storm for new hardware from Nintendo. They're a budget form of entertainment and next year will see less supply constraints while people are suddenly looking budget entertainment. I could see a new Pro SKU priced like the OLED and a price cut doing very well indeed

I mean the world will be on fire but still.....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

Random thought, but I could see the only Nintendo related announcement at the Game Awards being a Goldeneye shadow drop on NSO, though that's technically a Microsoft announcement.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama

That's quite a list of games. But do any of them appeal to you?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I think if Goldeneye ends up being present, it'll be presented as if it's a Xbox exclusive kind of like what was done with Persona. Then the Switch version release date is a tweet.

I think the biggest announcement which specifically mentions Switch in the trailer will be the next Sunbreak update tease with us finding out what Elder Dragon is coming.

Update 1 - August 10th
Update 2 - September 29th
Update 3 - November 24th
Update 4 - Winter
Update 5 - Spring

Update 4 in January and Update 5 in March sounds about right from the current schedule.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

I assume Nintendo won't have much of a presence at The Game Awards.

Maybe the next MK8 booster course DLC wave which is due December 7th.

That, or a sizzle reel of recently release Switch games. Bleh.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Giancarlothomaz

@Magician the only presence for Nintendo at TGA 2022 i assume they gonna do is Nintendo Switch have games, they will not do nothing major at the event, so don't expect a Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom trailer or Metroid Prime 4 to showcase in the event, Nintendo hate to share attention with others games and companies(they want all it attention for themself, that why they are doing a Nintendo Direct just to show the second trailer of the Mario movie, they could have waited until TGA to show the trailer).

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

Golf finally being out for Switch Sports is great.

New Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core trailer looks pretty good, btw.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Fire Emblem: Three Hopes is $28 on Amazon atm. Don't see the game going for much less in the future, so if you're keen on grabbing it, now is probably a good time.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

The Front Mission remake is out right? I can't seem to find a review anywhere, I guess that is a bad sign? I am gonna catch a flight in a couple of hours though so kinda tempted to grab it for the flight.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

Kermit1Pineapple wrote:

@Pizzamorg for me it says 2 hours 54 minutes

Are you based outside of the UK? Is it just counting down to the 30th of November for you? And since it has crossed into the 30th here in the UK it is just saying it is out?

Either way, if an embargo lifts within 2 hours of release that probably isn't the best sign.

JaxonH

I challenge you!

I was able to golf a +2 on the 18 hole course. A total of 72 strokes (Par = 70).

Who can best my score??? I know someone here is doing under par on the 18.

@NeonPizza
I won't say more excited, but close to just as much. I'm a diehard Pikmin fan. The problem is gyro imitating pointer (which it's not the best at), but Pikmin 4's new ground level view should make aiming more like a traditional game where you spin camera with right analog and dial in with gyro. I think that's why they changed the view, to overcome that obstacle, as proper aiming is integral to the experience.

Pizzamorg

I remember Switch Sports getting a super lukewarm reaction and then I basically forgot all about it. I see they have now added golf, does this add to the package in any meaningful way or is it still not worth owning?

JaxonH

@NeonPizza
Wii U version is definitely definitive for controls. But the new lock on feature with analog control works wonders to negate that issue.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic