Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,621 to 61,640 of 69,981

JaxonH

At first I was thinking how 10 characters doesn't seem like a lot, but then I ran the combinatorics.

10 Choose 5 = 10!/(5!(10-5)!) = 252 different combinations.

There are 252 different team combinations you can choose. That's actually insane.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

So the English version of the Mario Strikers trailer makes it clear that the Strikers Club online mode is the main focus. The fact that it has seasons and your club can be promoted and demoted will give incentive to keep playing.

It's a live service title obviously, which means that there will no doubt be post launch content of some kind. The question is, how long will Nintendo support it?

Also, I'm now starting to think the Xenoblade/Splatoon release date swap had less to do with Splatoon 3 needing more time and more to do with spacing it out with Mario Strikers so that the latter doesn't kill the player base for the game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
I wouldn't categorize it as Games as a Service. It's online, and it no doubt will get some content updates, but that isn't enough to substantiate the GAAS model.

True GAAS are typically online only, with 5-10 year plans, with multiple massive expansions and season passes releasing on regular intervals.

This is just a Mario Sports title.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

IceClimbers wrote:

It's a live service title obviously, which means that there will no doubt be post launch content of some kind. The question is, how long will Nintendo support it

One year, just like they did with Arms. If anyone remembers that game.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

Alan Wake confirmed for Nintendo Switch by Remedy!!!

And there it is!

Batman Arkham Collection will be next!

It will be the Remastered version, it will be a native port, and will be digital-only

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

BruceCM

Oh, good.... Perhaps they can bring it to Steam as well, then?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Sounds like Epic is ensuring it stays exclusive forever. At least for the sequel. Normally it's one year but for whatever reason they're keeping Alan Wake permanently.

Which makes the Switch version even more clutch.

BruceCM

Yeah, I'll give it awhile but in that case, I'd rather get the Switch version than EGS, @JaxonH .... Perhaps Epic did actually help with that game or something?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Grumblevolcano

So with Kirby 64 on May 20th, that confirms Pokemon Snap is June and honestly I could see specific release timing being an announcement in a Pokemon Presents. If I recall correctly 3DS VC releases like gen 1 and 2 were in Pokemon Directs in the past.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Annual Atlus Survey. Lots of questions asking which platforms you'd want potential games on.

Lots of opportunity to voice support for Switch. Even if you play on other consoles too, help us get more Switch support and check that box for Switch also.

https://p-ch.jp/enquete2022/na/

mjharper

That survey is a beast. But they have my two cents now.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

BruceCM

Sadly, that's only available to you Americans .... Will there be a European version soon?

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

All their games I selected "would be interested playing on Switch".

And for the final Soul Hackers 2 trailer, asking how you feel, I put, "anger, because it doesn't say it's coming to Switch"

I also told them I won't purchase any games from them unless they're on Switch moving forward. And I wont.

@BruceCM
Idk, but I'm pretty sure there's not location tracking that blocks you from taking it.

Edited on by JaxonH

BruceCM

Apparently not, @JaxonH .... Just completed it

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

Did my part.

Also emphasized that they need to improve support for the Deck, which is where I'll be playing Soul Hackers 2 if a late Switch port isn't announced.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

KryptoniteKrunch

Put my support behind Soul Hackers 2 on Switch as well. I still expect this to get a late Switch port, but the more support the better.

Also put my support behind mainline Persona on Switch(for like the 17th time ).

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Yes, Deck support too. Forgot about that. It's easy to forget not all games are compatible, and even if they are, having a Deck optimized low settings mode that preserves battery life isn't always a priority.

I love how Falcom always includes a "low spec gamer mode" for their Trails of Cold Steel games on PC. "Optimized for devices like GPD Win", it said.

BruceCM

Might help if they bring more of their games to Steam 1st, @Ralizah .... That's where I'd rather get them, so I did tell them that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic