Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,601 to 61,620 of 63,077

DarthNocturnal

@HotGoomba

True. Guess it depends on how much they're willing to spend on the techno wizardry to make a proper port.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

jump

@HotGoomba Arkham Knight was a bit off a mess though, it had a broken Cyberpunk type release on Steam and the Batmobile will be a problem, the amount of data for just the Batmobile alone was the same size as the entire first Arkham game.

As unpopular as it is I'd say Origins is a better game than Knight. Origins had some amazing bosses in it whilst Knight's forced use of the Batmobile, short DLC, the loss of Paul Dini's writing (he was the creator of Harley Quinn and wrote on the 90s Batman cartoon and the comics) and how cheap the Jason Todd thing is makes Knight the weaker of the two but it is still ahead of Blackgate (made by the old Metroid Prime team) which was the worst Arkham game.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

They could swap out Origins for Knight but I don't think they will.

I think they'll just figure out how to get Knight running. We've seen this so many times now. It just takes a good effort and the right team.

PLAYING
NS: Zombie Army 4, Splatoon 2
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

PSA: Amazon is running a buy 2 get 1 free sale currently to compete with target. Lots of video games on offer. (USA only afaik)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

I love Arkham Knight, but I'd also like to see Origins in that collection instead. Better fit for the hardware, and, honestly, it's the only game in the series I've never played.

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah same. I'm pretty sure I've beaten asylum, city, and at least played knight. I think I gave up on knight as I kept dying in one of the batmobile sequences I just couldn't get passed. Origins is something I haven't played at all. It's still going for pretty cheap used on wii u, and I can certainly grab it there, but maybe ill hold off to see whats in the rumored collection.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Fizza

I'm seeing a lot of talk over the Arkham games here because of the leak and I'm just curious: what exactly are these games about? Are they good? What exactly do you do in them? I've always seen the series from an onlooker's perspective and they seem really cool but I'm not sure whether or not I should bite should this collection materialise.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Shield
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Splatoon 2
Balloon Fight/Donkey Kong Country
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 85

JaxonH

@Fizza
They're about BEING THE BATMAN!

You play as Batman, in an open world city environment where thugs terrorize Gotham. Follow the main story beats, and explore the world doing various side quests and finding secrets. Riddler puzzles are scattered throughout the world, often requiring abilities you don't yet have, or requiring highly skilled gameplay to attain.

Upgrade your arsenal as you progress. All kinds of Batarang gadgets and cool gizmos. Use the Bat Claw to grapple, and use stealth to drop down on your enemies unaware.

Basically the same format as Spiderman but with Batman, and even better imo, as it has more of a focus on solving puzzles, which I personally love (it's why Zelda ahd Metroid is so addictive)

It's a killer game series. Absolutely recommend picking it up on Switch when it releases.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

jump

@Fizza Well they are about Batman! ;p

They are good, especially at the time they were released. It's a mix of stealth and action so rather than just hitting the baddies with combos (which you can still do if you want to) you can also stalk them from the roof and then suddenly grab them and leave them tied dangling from a gargoyle which was my favourite part of the games. Then there's some light puzzle solving and the odd boss battle.

If you're a Batman fan from a casual fan who knows a few of the movies or a hardcore comic reader you will find loads of love and easter eggs in them, they hired Paul Dini who is famous for creating Harley Quinn to work on the story and the easter eggs so it really shows.

Personally I'd rate the first one the best as it’s more linear style works really well as you’re trapped in Arkham Asylum (the mental hospital where Batman's villains get treated) adding to the tension of the game rather than the sequels were you have the entire city to play in.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Fizza

@JaxonH Oh god you saying 'being the Batman' there just transported me back like 5 years.

Anyways, that's pretty cool honestly. I'm saving my money for the highest priority stuff like ACNH, Celeste and Streets of Rage 4 at the moment but I'll see if I can give it a go perhaps later on in the year!

@jump I remember playing the Lego Batman games and the city that that game was set in felt amazing to explore so I'd say I'll probably enjoy the sequels style more when I eventually get to play them but hey who knows?

Edited on by Fizza

Splatoon 2

Buizel

@Fizza To add to @JaxonH.

The first game (Asylum) is a bit different in that it's a bit less open-world (you still explore a large connected area, but it's not quite "open" in the sense that Arkham city is) and more like a 3D Metroidvania, with new equipment and upgrades being crucial to progression.

I've never been a massive Batman fan but Asylum absolutely blew me away. I was tempted to pick up City again on the PC after finishing Pokemon Legends Arceus, but I think I might wait it out to see if this rumour is true. I can't think of many games like this on the Switch so it'll fill a nice little gap within the system's library.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

DarthNocturnal

@Fizza

I've beaten Asylum, City, and Origins. I very much recommend all of them. I'd like to play Knight someday. An X|S enhancement would be nice.

But yeah, it's a fun series. Moving around is fluid, even moreso then the franchise it likely borrowed some gameplay ideas from (Assassin's Creed), stealth is encouraged, but failing isn't really punished... because your Batman. You can just fight your way out (although information overload can occur when one too many counter prompts appear. Combat is still fun overall though).

And yes, plenty of side quests and collectibles. Although you may be sick of seeing question marks by the end of City.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

dmcc0

@Fizza Arkham Asylum has to be one of my all-time favourites. 3rd person Action-Adventure type game with loads of stealth and a brilliant combat system that is possibly better than any game I've ever played IMO. Seriously - if you haven't already played them it's a no-brainier if you're even remotely interested in either the genre or Batman.

dmcc0

Fizza

Oh, I'll tell you something actually, if this collection is real, they're probably doing it because of The Batman. That's gotta be it, right?

Splatoon 2

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I was thinking because of the upcoming Suicide Squad game this year which takes place after Arkham Knight. Switch wouldn't be able to run the game natively given it's PC/PS5/Series X|S only but publishers seem happy enough to put cloud versions on the Switch so I could see a cloud version happen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Link-Hero

@DarthNocturnal
Rocksteady has said in past interviews they were inspired by the combat from Spiderman and made improvements to it to flow better. Spiderman 2 to be more specific.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

jump

@Fizza This would be coming out in August and the movie is out next month, it's poor timing if it is.

It's more likely it was always on the list to do as the Arkham Collection has been out already on Steam and other consoles since 2019 and this just took longer. I remember the developers talked about how Knight couldn't be a 360/PS3 game due to the Batmobile so it's taken extra trickery to get it to work on a Switch plus covid delays.

Nicolai wrote:

DarthNocturnal

@Link-Hero

The games based on the Raimi trilogy? Huh. Makes sense. Heard a lot of good things about 2.

Now if only the newer ones weren't Sony exclusive...

Link-Hero

@DarthNocturnal
They borrowed the combat from Spiderman 2 for a reason. It was also the first Spiderman game to have proper web-slinging since the past ones just had the webs stick to the sky directly above you.

It was a really good game for the time, but if you play it now, it's aged quite poorly to the point where it's not enjoyable anymore, sadly.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Saw a controller that provides gyro aiming for any console game, by mapping the right analog to the gyroscope and providing an app that allows custom response curves to make it feel as close to 1:1 as possible. It's not as good as mouse gyro but still. Better than nothing. This thing could be a gamechanger for PS/Xbox.

Not sure if it's PS5 compatible yet but it is Series S/X compatible and PS4 compatible. It sold out immediately though it just came back in stock

https://store.xim.tech/XIM-NEXUS_p_27.html

@DarthNocturnal
It'll be on PC soon enough.

PLAYING
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic