Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,561 to 61,580 of 61,595

gcunit

@Ryu_Niiyama I vote DQXI, otherwise that Japanese lull will get longer and longer.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

@gcunit
I just got a SWOLED. Here's how it went for me:

• All through the transfer process, I honestly wasn't very impressed with the SWOLED. Even having it side-by-side with my original Switch, I had some buyer's remorse.
  • The transfer process, by the way... I am not a fan, let's just say. I can't imagine not having NSO and cloud saves.
  • It wasn't until I actually started using the SWOLED to game that I started picking up on all the nice stuff.

The screen is vibrant. It really is. I'm not gonna be like some and proclaim that it makes games seem new again, but dang... I have to admit, it really freshens things up. It does draw you in after awhile.

The whole thing feels more solid. The Joycon snap into place differently, and there are these little rubber nubs on the bottom of the Switch near the Joycon rails that make it a bit more comfortable to hold. The kickstand is sweet, for sure. I greatly appreciate the less-flimsy cartridge slot. It's way more composed and refined. I have noticed the sound seems a bit more crisp, but I'm not really a sound person to be honest.

The dock is definitely "looser" than my old one in terms of how the Switch fits into it. The wired internet connection is nice and does seem to help a bit with stable connections in some online games, but it's ultimately up to Nintendo to improve server stability across the board.

I would say it's the best version of the Switch, of course. My old Switch was randomly not reading my cartridges, my Joycon were shot, my screen was chipped around the edges even with a protector... but was it worth 350 bucks? I don't know. I would say... no. But at the same time, I'm not mad about the purchase like I initially was. It's a noticeable upgrade, but not a necessary upgrade.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

gcunit

@rallydefault Well congrats on your new Switch and thanks for sharing ūüéČūüćĺ

Yeah, I don't doubt that it is the best version available, but there's nothing about it that I can't be patient for. My Day 1 Switch (one of my kids now using) and my v1.1 are both going strong and apart from that weird cracking that some v1.0 units got along the top, you'd be hard pushed to tell my two apart from one that'd only been out of the box a few weeks.

rallydefault

@gcunit
Thank you!

And I 1,000% agree. If your existing Switch is operating just fine, I would say for most people the OLED is NOT worth the money unless you are a hardware collector.

I do plan on trading in my launch Switch at Gamestop. Anybody know how much they're giving on those?

rallydefault

Pizzamorg

After using a SWOLED, I deffo think it is better than the regular Switch but I do think people really really oversell OLED tech. The SWOLED feels more like a nice revision/replacement for the base Switch (and should be the same price as the existing base Switch) than it does anything else. Lots of nice to haves, rather than any real upgrades. At the core is still the same low powered Switch handheld it has always been. Some more solid blacks doesn't change that.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Wrestling Empire. Monster Hunter GU. RingFit Adventure. Loop Hero. Skyward Sword HD.
PC games currently playing: Monster Hunter Rise. Expeditions Rome. Wolcen.

BruceCM

Being in UK, I dunno about Gamestop specifically, @rallydefault ..... You can get £120 for an original model Switch in Game or CEX here, though, so I imagine it should be about the same?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

@gcunit @BruceCM @Ralizah

Went with DQ (forgot wth was going on but I am not restarting) and Kingdoms of Amalur (I hadn’t planned on it but it was in my short list (games I keep in my travel case) so I must want to play it. I will peck around on Octopath as well but that will just be grinding and finishing outstanding side quests. We are waiting on a snowstorm (I am visiting my parents) so this will be a nice distraction.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

gcunit

@Ryu_Niiyama I'll take that as a mini personal victory, thanks. Enjoy.

BruceCM

Plenty to keep you busy, then, @Ryu_Niiyama .... Kingdoms of Amalur is pretty good, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

rallydefault

@BruceCM
Yea, I was thinking about 100 bucks. That's really not too bad. I'll get a couple games out of it.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

The Kingdom Hearts cloud versions are up for preorder and release on February 10th. Pricing is the following (there's a 20% preorder discount that reduces the prices below):

• Full collection - ¬£79.99 (reduced price is ¬£63.99)
  • 1.5 + 2.5 - ¬£32.99 (reduced price is ¬£26.39)
  • 2.8 - ¬£39.99 (reduced price is ¬£31.99)
  • 3 + DLC - ¬£49.99 (reduced price is ¬£39.99)

No interest in cloud versions but figured I'd post this for those who are interested, source is the UK eshop.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

Hey everyone,
I have a quick question regarding amiibo on the Switch. Can you use imported amiibo for games or are they region locked? Amiibo are quite scarce where I live and I've been thinking of resorting to Amazon to get the ones I want (such as Wedding Mario, Smash Ice Climbers and AC Kicks to name a few). I really want to use them in game but I'm worried since the only ones I can find for characters like Kicks are Japanese and I don't know whether it will recognize it or not (my Switch is Irish/European). Please reply whenever possible and thanks for the help!

Currently Playing: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Paper Mario 64
371/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
Hyped as all hell for Pokemon Legends Arceus
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
Going dark until PLA/March, have a good one people!

Fizza

@TommyTendo Thanks goodness!

Currently Playing: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Paper Mario 64
371/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
Hyped as all hell for Pokemon Legends Arceus
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
Going dark until PLA/March, have a good one people!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic