Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,521 to 61,540 of 61,605

RR529

New Kirby looks amazing. Clearly not open world (it has a hub world, but there is a clear shot of the world map as well), but it looks fantastic nonetheless.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

Well, thanks to holiday gift cards my fancy new SWOLED and 1TB micro sd card should be on my doorstep after work. The combined cost ended up being less than the msrp of a standard Switch, which is nice. So I'll be handing my current Switch down to my friend's kid who was asking for a Switch this holiday but her parent failed to score one. I'm also giving her the joy-con that are coming with the SWOLED rather than the drift-inflicted pair that came with the V2.

Hopefully they'll last longer for her than the usual six months they typically only last me, lol.

Switch Physical Collection - 870 games (as of January 22nd, 2022)
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

IceClimbers

Okay Kirby looks fantastic. The levels look somewhere between 3D World and Odyssey in terms of openness. I'm super excited for this.

March is earlier than expected - figured they wouldn't release it until May with Triangle Strategy, Chocobo GP, and Rune Factory 5 already releasing that month.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

What do we have in February so far aside from AC Ezio?

NintendoByNature

Magician

@NintendoByNature

Atelier Sophie 2
Monark
Death end re;Quest 2

It's an rpg-lover's paradise next month. Then in March it's...

Triangle Strategy
.hack//G.U. Last Recode
Rune Factory 5
Neptunia x Senran Kagura Ninja Wars

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

BruceCM

Well, Arceus is 28th Jan, @NintendoByNature .... Life Is Strange Remastered Collection Feb 1st, Dying Light 2 Cloud version 4th, Dynasty Warriors 9 Empire -15th, Monark on 22nd, with Evil Dead the game having a Feb release window

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

The confirmation of the March 25th release date for Kirby also gives a little credence to Nintendo tinfoil hat leaker, markomaro, in regards to their assumption that Fire Emblem Echoes will be shadow-announced and released for Switch sometime before June.

BruceCM

Yeah, that's just the ones I remember, @NintendoByNature ..... Got Life Is Strange Remastered Collection on Steam since it was bundled with True Colours there & will get Monark there as well!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

All those months are gonna be my months ūüėÄ

January
Pokemon Legends Arceus
February
Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection
Life Is Strange Remastered Collection
Atelier Sophie 2
Dynasty Warriors 9 Empire
March
Triangle Strategy
Kirby Forgotten Land
.hack//G.U. Last Recode
Rune Factory 5

The big ones I'm super excited for though are Pokémon, AC Ezio Collection, Life Is Strange, Triangle Strategy, Kirby and Rune Factory.

@Magician
I don't doubt a FE game will be announced this year, but that person was giving false FE leaks back before we knew about Three Houses. In fact, they've been so consistently wrong for so many years, deleting tweets of debunked "leaks", they finally stopped giving specifics and just started generalizing with, "casual IP in first half of year" or "FE remake but no idea what the game is or name is" so they have a better probability of guessing correctly.

Here's a list of their "leaks" from a year ago. We already knew about Snap, and 2D Metroid was heavily, HEAVILY rumored. They only thing they got right that wasn't leaked or rumored elsewhere first was WarioWare and Advance Wars. WarioWare was expected in Year 5 with no release yet. I'll admit Advance Wars was a harder one so I'm kinda surprised there. But I guess when you make 20 educated guesses you're bound to get 1 or 2 of them

First half of 2021

New Pokemon Snap (Spring) already announced
Pokemon Collection (Feb) wrong
Zelda BOTW Sequel (April if is not delays) wrong
Metroid 2D (If not more delays, already finished)
New IP (Not announced yet) wrong
Fire Emblem Remake (Spring-Summer) wrong

Second half

Bayonetta 3 wrong
Zelda Collection wrong
Zelda WiiU Ports wrong
Kirby wrong
DK Country ‚Äú6‚ÄĚ wrong
Pokemon Gen 4 remakes already announced

Unsure

Wario Ware (mostly finished)
Style Boutique (already finished) wrong
Captain Toad Sequel wrong

Beyond

Pokemon Let’s Go Sequel wrong
Detective Pikachu Sequel wrong
Wario Land wrong
New Pikmin (may be shown in 2021) wrong
Zelda Oracles Remake wrong
Paper Mario Remake wrong
Advance Wars (may be shown in 2021)
Metroid Prime Collection wrong
Metroid Prime 4 wrong
Camelot next Mario Sports wrong

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
Steam: MH Rise
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby Forgotten Land, Mario Rabbids, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

iLikeUrAttitude

There are a lot of good games coming out this year it makes it hard which ones I want to get.
But one I'm most definitely picking up is the Sunbreak DLC for MH Rise.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

gcunit

The Kirby trailer feels so refreshing - made me think about how long it's been since Nintendo last showed a new, colourful, joyful looking game that got me excited. Splatoon 3 just looks like more Splatoon; Mario Golf was underwhelming environmentally; SM3DW was mostly just the Wii U game (I was excited by the sight of Bowser's Fury but haven't bought the game yet due to the smaller size of the add-on).

But Kirby & The Forgotten Land is genuinely new looking. Sure, it quite possibly uses the same engine as SM3DW, but filled with the Kirby universe in HD 3D for the first time, after wanting HD 3D Kirby for about 8 years, makes me feel proper Nintendo excitement again.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Silly_G

@JaxonH : I had completely forgotten about the Detective Pikachu sequel that had been announced God knows when until you brought it up.

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Ralizah

March is pretty stacked. Multiple exciting exclusives all in the same month.

Currently Playing

Magician

It took about an hour to transfer everything over from my V2 to my SWOLED last night. First impressions are really good. The joy-con rails on either side of the tablet feel tighter than the previous iterations; joy-cons connected to the tablet on the older models had a little wiggle to them and would easily disconnect from the tablet if you flexed them just enough. Now the joy-cons feel a tad more snug when connected, which is nice.

The matte plastic gives the SWOLED a slightly higher premium feel to the table when playing in handheld mode, an improvement over than the smooth plastic of the older models. The new kickstand doesn't feel chintzy and has a bit a resistance in its movement. And of course the upgraded screen can't be overstated.

Although the increased size is less than an inch, you really can't fathom how much better the screen is until it's in your hands. It's like going from sitting a reasonable distance from your television to being "all up in it".
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

TommyTendo

@Magician My sister's boyfriend got an OLED for Christmas, and I was really jealous because it looked way better when directly compared to the OG Switch lol

alexwolf

I know the SWOLED only has minor upgrades when it comes to build materials, but it really feels much more premium than the regular Switch. When I first bought the SWOLED and held it right next to my old model, even without turning the system on, the old model suddenly felt so cheap and flimsy in comparison.

alexwolf

JaxonH

Ppl think those talking up the OLED are blowing smoke, but the reactions are pretty consistent with being impressed. It's hard to convey just how awesome it is until you've got one in hand.

It feels like Switch perfected.

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
Steam: MH Rise
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby Forgotten Land, Mario Rabbids, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

RR529

In the event that Forgotten World isn't the only Kirby release this year given the anniversary (though likely the only brand new title), which of the following do you think is most likely...

A. Kirby 64 on NSO.
B. A no frills port of Dream Collection.
C. An HD port of ONE of the following (Return to Dreamland, (Extra) Epic Yarn, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot).
D. A collection of 2-4 titles from option C.
E. Something else (like a Rainbow Curse port).

I'd personally like to see option D come true, but most likely A if anything.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic