Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,461 to 61,480 of 70,011

Kermit1doesmath

Is Sliptream any good I've had in my wishlist for a while and right now I'm sifting through it... To see what I want to keep on it.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

sixrings

@DTfeartheBEARD nope. My wife missed that Amazon mistake so I’m waiting. Was hoping strange brigade went on a sale now that zombie four is out. No luck.

sixrings

DTfearTheBEARD

Strange Brigade is on sale for $8 on Xbox, so I bought it. Zombie Army Trilogy is on sale for $5 on Xbox.

DTfearTheBEARD

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH That’s always how it works! But you will get that 6 dollars back via some other purchase.

I’m not quite everything online as I do like going to the grocery store at 7am, but I have back to back meetings tomorrow. I would have had to race into the BB parking lot on two wheels on the chance that I could get the amiibo and then race back. I will gladly pay Amazon shipping for my convenience.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature I do still feel that Nintendo's going to release the Wii U remasters this year, especially with the Wii U being shutdown in March 2023.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

sixrings

@DTfeartheBEARD I have one copy of strange on switch. I didn’t want to commit to four copies before trying it out. But the sale ended before I picked up the other three.

If Xbox got rid of their online service fees it would be far cheaper to own four Xbox’s to do my LAN parties. But I can’t pay $240 a year for four subscriptions just tp maybe have a LAN party here or there.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano It's weird. As someone who doesn't really like Ocarina of Time and find 3D Zelda to be vastly more complicated than 2D, I'm still wanting them to come to Switch as well. I was talking about a similar feeling I had with SS HD in how excited I am to get it despite being similar to something I'm not as big a fan of. The world works in mysterious ways I suppose.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Switch Sports is out now, and it's glorious!

I brought my Switch OLED to work today, and played some bowling in tabletop mode. Got my reports to come in my office and play with me. Told em we're having a bowling tournament lol 😆

The night shifter, Paul, couldn't bowl to save his life haha. Idk what he was doing wrong but the ball wouldn't roll. I'd take the controller and show him, here's how to do it, and roll a strike, then he'd goof it up again. Finally he got it though, it was kinda funny.

I love this game. This is an essential own. Spontaneous bowling and golf is just... a necessity.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I never get cool bosses like that. Only gossips and micromanagers . Sigh. Glad y’all had some fun!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Sam_ATLUS

Just got 13 Sentinels for the Switch. I already bought and played the game on PS4 previously but I couldn't resist picking it up a second time. Once Kirby and Xenoblade 2 Torna are done will play it.

Sam_ATLUS

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
The bowling special lanes are super fun. The HD rumble they add for the ball release is excellent. I was worried since you don't release the ZR button anymore, that would impact the feel of real bowling, but the rumble actually feels even better.

I can't wait for golf. I hope we get a ton of courses. Even though I know it's probably just going to be the same 3 Wii Sports Club had. Nothing will ever top Wii Sports Club golf. Hitting the ball off the gamepad into the TV was an experience.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pizzamorg

Made a start on Brilliant Diamond before bed yesterday. Game doesn't exactly come out of the gates hot. Most of the first hour is clicking through text boxes as the game gives you all the same information and plot set up all of these games do. I appreciate that every new Pokemon game might be someone's first, but can I not have the option to just skip all of this stuff?

Even without that, the start is aggressively hand held in regards to what you can and cannot do or where you can go. The few bits of grass I can go into seem to have only have Bidoof in and I get this is all per the course, it is how every Pokemon game starts, but I dunno, even though I didn't love Arceus, going from Arceus to this just makes it feel extra rough. I am sure once I can start properly going on my journey and playing the game at my own pace, this will be less of an issue but I was too tired to push through the tedium of the tutorial section in one sitting last night.

I will also say, while I didn't like Arceus' battle system, I hadn't realised how much I just had gotten used to the pace of Arceus battles. Like BD just feels so slow by comparison. My Piplup still needs to land about five hits to take down a Bidoof like 6 levels lower than him. I'm not sure I ever used more than like 3 hits in the entire of Arceus in a battle, and the number of times it was more like two hits, would be in single digits.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Haruki_NLI

@Pizzamorg Could be worse. This could be the original versions which were so poorly optimised it took a decade for HP bars to deplete and EXP bars to go up, plus the surf speed was the same as walking, not running, and the game would also have extra long save times if you did anything involving a PC.

So if you think BDSP is slow, it's never been faster my friend 🤣

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg The game is aggressively handheld in design because they barely improved it over the original release of D/P. Playing it on a TV feels like a bad joke.

I'm willing to make some concessions for the the upcoming generation of games, but if random battles don't retain the snappiness of encounters in PLA, I probably won't bother. The idea of going back to battle screen transitions is already depressing to me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic