Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,141 to 61,160 of 70,025

blindsquirrel

I think a new generation is more likely than a switch pro. Hope the game is backwards compatible tho, it took me six months to just track down an oled.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Buizel

As much as I don't like to get caught up in Switch Pro rumours, I'll give my two cents...

If a new model was intended to launch with BotW sequel, I suspect Pokemon was baked into that launch as well (all targeting holiday 2022). Is it still possible that we'd get a model revision this year?

It just feels too soon after the OLED (which I'm still absolutely in love with)...

Another possibility is that a revision is planned for next year and BOTW was purposefully delayed to tie in with the revision (and not planned from the get-go).

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Magician

SWOLED Lite - March 2023
Switch Successor - March 2025

Bookmark it.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Fizza

I'm REALLY feeling this

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Crossposting from LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga thread because I feel people need to hear how great this game is.

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is freaking excellent!

Seriously, I'm blown away by how good this game is. It may be a LEGO game but my goodness, it feels like the Star Wars game I've always wanted. Even more so than Jedi Last Order (which was also great, mind you, but THIS feels like the most definitive Star Wars game of all time).

It's interesting, combat is so much more fun versus prior LEGO games, the skill trees add just enough depth to make it engaging, and exploring the worlds feels like you're experiencing the movies interactively. The LEGO format actually enhances the experience, I'd argue. The levity it brings makes every custscene feel like a treat.

I'm honestly astounded at how good this game is. I've NEVER loved a LEGO game like this... not even remotely.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

Just a PSA. AmazonNA has a B3F2 deal going. The cheapest of the three games in your cart is essentially free. Some newer games are in the mix, including Elden Ring.

https://www.amazon.com/promotion/psp/A28DHZ2V9MZA9W

I've had my eye on the Gear Club Unlimited 2 DE for a while; it's the "all on cartridge" fourth (perhaps fifth?) release of the same game.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

Magician wrote:

Just a PSA. AmazonNA has a B3F2 deal going. The cheapest of the three games in your cart is essentially free. Some newer games are in the mix, including Elden Ring.

https://www.amazon.com/promotion/psp/A28DHZ2V9MZA9W

I've had my eye on the Gear Club Unlimited 2 DE for a while; it's the "all on cartridge" fourth (perhaps fifth?) release of the same game.

It’s to match Target which is currently holding the same sale.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FragRed

If anyone has ever ordered from Simply Games, may want to check you got a refund. It’s rather sad to see another game retailer go under but it’s going to get a lot worse as physical media disappears.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

@FragRed that’s a shame, they were a fairly decent site.

Oh well at least we have Amazon still! They save so much money by making their staff pee in bottles rather than having expensive toilets and wasting time on toilet breaks they will never go out of business.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@jump Amazon learned from the masters - Sports Direct… who lovingly recreated Victorian working conditions to allow employees get the full experience.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

@FragRed True, Sports Direct gave so much back to the community like how they saved Newcastle and their fans just whine and moan about it. St James Park was such a boring name anyway!

God bless Mike Ashley.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Grumblevolcano

I think if the new Switch is a more powerful revision then it gets announced in January 2023 and releases same day as BotW 2 but if it's a successor then it gets name dropped in May 2022, full reveal around October 2022 and releases same day as BotW 2.

I think it all comes down to the investor meeting, Nintendo can't lie about how many Switches they expect to sell between April 2022 and March 2023 so you'd be able to use the prediction to see what's happening:

• Large increase in Switch hardware sales predictions -> new Switch is a more powerful revision
  • Large decrease in Switch hardware sales predictions -> new Switch is a more powerful successor
  • Around the same -> BotW 2 and new Switch launches after March 2023

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@jump Imagine being so angry at Mike Ashley, the man that bought so many high street brands which have mostly now disappeared. And I see nothing wrong with plastering crap cheep names like Sports Direct all over arenas

jump

@FragRed How can anyone be angry at this face!

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

FragRed

@jump I hear he’s voted sexiest man of the year in FHM 2021

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

We'll get Star Fox Grand Prix before we get a Switch Pro or half-step upgraded Switch.

Magician

The House of the Dead Remake reviews have begun rolling in, it currently holds a 66 on opencritic. I'd say that score was to be expected. The transition from lightgun game to either analog or gyro controls wasn't going to be perfect. This game smacks of scratching that itch for the superfans alone.

https://opencritic.com/game/12984/the-house-of-the-dead-remake

I'm onboard of course. Now if we could only get Typing of the Dead. But, first things first. Now that THotD R has shipped, I wonder how much longer it'll be until we hear about Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Remake? It was announced at the same time as PD I Remake.

https://forever-entertainment.com/panzer-dragoon-remake-i-pan...

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic