Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,121 to 61,140 of 69,962

Ralizah

@Link-Hero "Having trouble" implies I'm struggling with the difficulty, which I'm not. It's just massive, poorly designed, and annoying to play through. Especially considering how sluggish the swimming is in this game.

As far as I can tell, nothing in the map required abilities from later in the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Buizel

Ralizah wrote:

@Buizel "Treasure Trove Cove"

It's a giant, tedious island level with music notes scattered seemingly randomly throughout the level. Seriously, there's no rhyme or reason to item distribution here.

The way people talk about it, you'd think this game was some masterpiece of 3D platformer game design.

We'll see. First world was fine. Maybe it gets better from here?

That's quite surprising - personally I find Treasure Trove Cove to be one of the better and more memorable stages. It's Clanker's Cavern and Freezeezy Peak that I really dislike - I tend to drop the game at the latter.

I'd suggest that the game isn't really for you, but maybe worth another level or two if you're unsure.

And I agree w.r.t. it being a masterpiece - it was probably good for the time (and I do remember enjoying the little I played of it as a kid), but I don't think its aged particularly well. Personally I much prefer the Spyro trilogy for my 5th gen platformer fix - Banjo-Kazooie just reminds me why I rarely go back to early 3D platformers in general.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

I've been looking back at the February Direct trailer for Switch Sports and I think one of the water sports from Wii Sports Resort will be returning in an update. If you look at Spocco Square there's a building attached to each sport but there are 3 buildings unaccounted for. 1 between the Badminton and Chambara buildings, 1 to the right of the Tennis building and 1 to the right of the Bowling building. The 1 to the right of the Bowling building is next to a load of water and has boats which suggests a water sport.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@Grumblevolcano
I still baffling to see Sports popularity, are peoples nowadays have no interest with Boxing and oftenly see Boxing as a boring / weird sport than mainstream sports (soccer or basketball) ?
I really want to see Boxing get some appreciation as well as other sports.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

I've been thinking about getting Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee recently and have been watching A LOT of gameplay videos as a result and it's made me come to a slightly controversial conclusion: why does everyone hate these games? Yes, they look painfully easy and it's yet another romp through Kanto, but the graphics look wonderful (for Pokemon standards at least), the music is downright beautiful and the GO catching mechanics seem carefully and gracefully implemented rather than a lazy hackjob. Can anyone here give me some insight as to why they're so divisive? I'll probably still be picking them up regardless (I've always wanted to use a Nidoking, Poliwrath and Vileplume) but it would be interesting to hear the points for and against these games.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
Aren't you like, super anti-violence? You seem to have an allergic reaction toward any game that even so much as sneezes combat. And yet... blood sport boxing is also a personal fave of yours? Not trying to insult you, I just find that extremely odd.

I, for one, hate boxing. I find it dreadfully boring, neither am I keen on the brutality of the sport.

Not that I like sports in general (as a kid, yes, played soccer and baseball and basketball and football and hockey) but I do like sports in video game form... at least, I like them in video game form when they aren't completely on the simulation end of the spectrum. The more arcade-like the better. The Show will be one I explore in a few days, and hope it's not bogged down by simulation aspects and keeps it fast and fun. Nintendo Switch Sports is definitely up my alley. Bowling and Golf, the two GOATs. I'll give the other sports a go too, though.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Fizza
I've always liked the Pokémon Let's Go games. They were a fresh take, they looked crisp and clean, had Pokémon in the overworld, and I loved the gyro aiming throwing a ball to catch a Pokémon. But, I'm not a diehard Pokémon fan so I didn't have any expectations going in.

I think the core fanbase just wanted normal battles, which Let's Go didn't provide, and that's the crux of it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Fizza

@JaxonH I get the feeling they'll be far more fondly remembered in the years since then? Especially now that we have every basis of Pokemon covered: regular (SwSh), traditional (BDSP), modern (Arceus) and innovative (SV POTENTIALLY). I'm personally excited to play through Kanto for the first time (I started with BW ok, please don't kill me) and use all the weird and wacky mons they have to offer there (in what other context would I be excited as all hell to use a Dodrio for the first time?). Shiny hunting looks like it'll be very relaxing as well (a welcome change from the sheer stress of BDSP Pokeradar), especially with those new gyro controls like you said.

JaxonH

@Fizza
I think you're right. It's like the Metroid Prime Federation Force fiasco. Had that game been announced after receiving Samus Returns, Dread, and a Prime 4 announcement with rumored Prime Remaster, I don't think it would have been regarded with such disdain.

BTW, if you're going to play Let's Go, I highly recommend the Pokéball controller. It really adds to the experience- the immersion of being a Pokémon trainer and throwing Pokéballs to catch Pokémon. The HD rumble is really great in that ball controller, too.

Edited on by JaxonH

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I still tolerate mild until moderate violence level as long no blood spilled and that's why I played K-1 and Street Fighter games too. But I like cartoonish Boxing games such as Animal Boxing NDS, K-1 Pocket Grand Prix 1 + 2 on GBA, Boxing from Wii Sports. If you see my current avatar, you can tell that I was obsessed with Boxing sport but here is one thing.

Usually peoples always portray Boxing as a badass sports, serious fighting, fierce looking fighters, sexy ring girl, etc but I have different ideas. I want to portray Boxing as a cute, whimsical and colorful sports just like I have ever played from Animal Boxing NDS, K-1 GBA and Pocket Fighter PS1. I really want to play Boxing games with cute Chibi characters as they looked better than ultra realistic model.
I want a Boxing or Kick boxing games have funny fights like from Pocket Fighter PS1 if you remembered the game so imagine if the Super Moves of boxer or kick boxer are ridiculous funny to watch like punching the opponent with rhythm style while your boxer is singing (Super moves from my fictional boxer Raphael) or Teddy Bear combo by punch and kick the opponent then finished by throwing a Teddy Bear plushie doll toward opponent (Super moves from my fictional boxer Eddie) or Handcuff combo by a few punch and kick toward opponent then finished by handcuffing the opponent so they cannot punch for 20 seconds (Super moves from my fictional Boxer Andy, my current avatar).
Also, I want a Boxing fight have colorful place and random place like I have ever seen from Animal Boxing NDS. You can have a Boxing fight at Mall, icy places, on the beach, in the space, Gingerbreadland, futuristic place, Fruits or Vegetable theme, inside Seaworld, above the cloud, etc so it will look different than typical boxing ring. So I really want to see cartoonish boxing games as cute as my avatar with whimsical things. Also, previously I have made my Avian kickboxing sport called Sky Boxing (Kick boxing in the air like Dragon Ball style by anthromorphic flying birds).

Btw, my little secret why did I obsessed with Boxing sport, because I have ever watched Rocky III opening intro with Eyes of Tiger OST when I was kindergarten student from my Mom VHS video and I have experienced with more Rocky III stuffs (due to its popularity in that era) from graduation party performance with the boxers + referee + four corners by primary school students from my school when I was graduated from kindergarten. It was so surreal to experience with something like that and it was the beginning of my obsession with Boxing sport.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@JaxonH Is there anywhere you can get it for relatively cheap? I see the price of that thing online and quiver.

JaxonH

@Fizza
Here's one on eBay from a seller with 98.3% feedback rating and 56 confirmed transactions. Includes the Mew amiibo card. It's $63.55 with free shipping. Used condition but the analog seems white, indicating little to no use. Heavy use usually shows a yellowed analog.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384812408471?epid=22021495593&ha...

JaxonH

@Fizza
Then again, if you're on a budget you can make due with the joycon. Personally I feel like it's such a unique experience it's worth it, but, I bought it at launch for less, so there's that. And I have a reasonable budget allotted for gaming.

If $60-70 is a lot to spend on enhancing a single game's experience (and keep that in mind, it only works for one game) maybe skip it. Then again, you can always resell it afterward and recoup your initial investment (minus eBay's cut, obviously)

Fizza

@JaxonH I would love to go for it, but that price, even at used, is a bit too much for me to bare. The game itself will probably be around the same price anyway so I'll just make do with what I have. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Ninfan

So it is my birthday today 4 April and nintendo sent me 300 platinum points for it. Thanks nintendod😷👍😁😎

Ninfan

MarioVillager92

@Ninfan Happy birthday! I hope you have a good one. Yeah, it's a pretty decent gift, especially since there's more enticing rewards on My Nintendo now.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

Splatoon 2 icons are now in the NSO app if anyone's interested.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

I saw an interesting point on Digital Foundry that it seems unlikely that the BotW 2 delay video gameplay footage was actually running on the Switch (24:37 in the video).

More evidence seems to be stacking up in favour of a more powerful Switch within the next year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

All I need is for my current Switch to last a year, then. As long as this more powerful model is a Switch and not something designed to disregard everything the Switch has done (including the ability to run its games). I'm sure it will, though. Nintendo would be silly to just throw everything they've built up away.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Ralizah

Only two things in this universe are truly eternal: entropy and Switch Pro rumors.

Well, anyway, if you're going to launch more powerful hardware, doing so alongside BotW2 is the way to do it. The original moved mad units at launch. Truly one of the all-time great launch titles.

As long as it also has the OLED screen, I'll be preordering. No desire to choose between superior tech and a higher quality screen.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic