Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 61,001 to 61,020 of 69,983

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
Yours truly 😀

Kinda got tired of the impersonal nature of online discussion. Thought it was time to make a change.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

mjharper

@JaxonH That group at SquareEnix know their music. That was one of my favorite things about Octopath Traveler. The number of quality tunes in that game is tremendous.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

JaxonH

@mjharper
They really do.

Akira Senju is responsible for the Triangle Strategy OST. Not sure if they did Octopath Traveler as well. But ya, it's a hallmark of excellence for the game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

LiNeR

@TommyTendo I think that if we get a Switch Pro eventually we’ll get a price cut on the other models and a Switch Selects series (probably mostly bigger 2017-2019 games on sale for $30). Would love to see more copies of rarer games like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 printed.

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

Grumblevolcano

The thing I wanted the most from the Xenoblade 2 collectors edition was the soundtrack selection so initially when I got the standard edition and found out I really liked the game I was disappointed that I missed out on the soundtrack but then the biggest surprise of all happened, namely that the full soundtrack (not just the selection that was picked for the CD) was put on digital music places like iTunes and then I was much less disappointed (same happened for Torna). A non-Pokemon Nintendo game's soundtrack being widely available was pretty much unheard of (Nintendo also released a soundtrack selection for Mario Odyssey though that was delisted at some point, think it was delisted last year).

Now we don't even get Pokemon soundtracks anymore (Sword/Shield, Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, Legends Arceus aren't present).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Solaine

@JaxonH Yasunori Nishiki made the Octopath Traveller soundtrack, Akira Senju did Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood though if you know the anime show.

Personally i wasn't that blown away by the soundtrack but to each their own really. On the other hand, i really enjoyed listening to some of the new tracks of Octopath Traveller Champions of the continent and would argue that he improved a lot even.

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Ralizah

TS has an A-tier OST. It's really, really good. Maybe not Persona 5/SMT V/Xenoblade 2/Mario Galaxy good, but a really strong soundtrack all the same.

But yeah, like many Switch releases, it doesn't fit into that AAA/indie dichotomy that Western publications and journos have latched onto, so, like Xenoblade 3, I expect it to be roundly snubbed come awards season.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah I'd guess most of the awards' nominees are:

• Horizon Forbidden West
  • Elden Ring
  • God of War Ragnarok
  • Starfield (if it launches in 2022) or an indie game (Tunic perhaps?)
  • A currently unannounced PS Studios game (maybe the rumoured Last of Us Remake?)
  • Bayonetta 3

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

@Grumblevolcano Surely Zelda as well (if it actually comes out this year).

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano I don't think Bayo 3 will be up for any major awards, considering it's a Switch exclusive not called Mario or Zelda.

Assuming they release in time, Starfield, BotW2, GoW R, and Elden Ring are all gimmes. Some sort of indie like Tunic as well, yes.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

@BenjyK

As long as the inserted cartridge isn't in active use, yeah you can swap cartridges in and out while the Switch is turned on.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Bayonetta 2 was nominated back when Dragon Age Inquisition won, but that was almost 10 yrs ago- the awards have become much more homogeneous since then.

The vast majority of games out there are automatically disqualified for not being the right genre, not being exclusive on the right system, or not being on the two extremes of mass market AAA and upset indie darling. The best games are never recognized. Only the best games within that narrow slice of the industry.

Heck, just look at all the Nintendo published games in 2022. And yet, how much you wanna bet they don't win publisher of the year lol...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And just for the sake of showing how crazy this year is on Switch, here's 3 more exclusives, even if not published by Nintendo.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@Dogorilla @Ralizah I think there's absolutely no chance of BotW 2 being a 2022 release. While I did think it was 2023 before the Pokemon Scarlet/Violet reveal, that was the thing that made me absolutely certain. Nintendo's not going to release BotW 2 a few weeks away from the first normal mainline open world Pokemon game (Scarlet/Violet is almost certainly releasing on November 18th) meanwhile releasing in October would disrupt Xenoblade 3's potential.

As for Bayonetta 3, Bayonetta 2 was nominated for GotY in 2014.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

Assuming they release in time, Starfield, BotW2, GoW R, and Elden Ring are all gimmes. Some sort of indie like Tunic as well, yes.

I don't think Starfield is a guarantee at all considering Bethesda's last game. And quite frankly, even Fallout 4 feels like almost a mistake of a GOTY contender when compared to 2015 games that still matter like Bloodbourne, Undertale and Witcher 3.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Starfield's an odd one in the sense that it's the first true test of Microsoft's acquisitions. If it's not absolutely top tier quality then it'll send the message that Microsoft acquiring Bethesda made the quality of Bethesda games worse (which could be applied to the other studios Microsoft have acquired) and hence interest in Game Pass drops.

Grumblevolcano

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Starfield's an odd one in the sense that it's the first true test of Microsoft's acquisitions. If it's not absolutely top tier quality then it'll send the message that Microsoft acquiring Bethesda made the quality of Bethesda games worse

Considering how many issues people have forgiven about past Bethesda games, "top tier quality" is an extremely arguable point.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano Surely Nintendo have known that Pokemon Gen IX has been targeting holiday 2022 for years?

If so, why ever announce Zelda for 2022? Unless they never actually intended for it to be a holiday 2022 title?

I do agree that it seems too good to be true...but that's moreso in the context of everything else we're getting as well. In my mind there's nothing stopping us having Zelda and Pokemon in the same year.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic