Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,961 to 60,980 of 70,004

Ninfan

@FragRed it's a rumour, as to when they will be released. But I think, nintendo said it in a direct, that they would be releasing them sometime.

Ninfan

Ninfan

@FragRed do you have a youtube chanel, that gives weekly British game release news ?

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Just look at GBA games that available on Wii U and 3DS Virtual console.
Nintendo only provided 1st party games and a few of 3rd party GBA games. NOT ALL 1500 GBA games.
Nintendo will not revive niche or unpopular or expired licensed brand games like Barbie or Petz or K-1, etc on Virtual console and NSO.
The only best way to play those unpopular GBA games by play them in actual GBA cartridge on GBA machines or NDS machines.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Ninfan Not sure I'd truly agree with that, but to each their own.

Also, they never made any announcements regarding Game Boy/GBA games on Switch. The last time they announced more retro consoles for NSO, it was Nintendo 64 and Genesis for the expansion pack. You may like to know that the Mega Man Zero series is on the Switch (they originally came out on GBA), they're on Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. There's the Castlevania GBA games as well, via Castlevania Advance Collection. Both are really solid compilations.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

rallydefault

GBA games would be the thing for a person like me to finally hop to the Expansion Pass. I had hopped ship to Playstation and then the 360 during the GBA/DS/Gamecube/Wii eras, so I haven't played most of those games.

I'll be getting the Expansion Pass when they restock the N64 controllers, at any rate. I refuse to play any of those games without the best controller ever made lol

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

I think a fun thing about NSO is seeing when and if Nintendo will conveniently ignore games to put on their service because a remake is on Switch. Like at least 3D All Stars was gone when N64 was added so Mario 64 was fine, but will they add Link's Awakening if GB is confirmed? Same with Advance Wars and GBA? How long will they take to add Mario Party 2 now that Superstars exists?

If I was Nintendo and still obsessed with selling these games at full price, avoiding price cuts for games at any cost, I would seriously consider avoiding these games as long as it could reasonably make sense to.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MsJubilee

So Nintendo finally added folders, and it only took 5 years. Better late than never.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

Given the folders update and the upcoming 3DS eshop shutdown, I think later this year Nintendo's going add themes to the Switch alongside a remaster or sequel to Nintendo Badge Arcade.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

So, Groups are nice, but I'm not even going to use them.

Why?

BECAUSE THEY ADDED FILTERS TO SORT BY "DOWNLOADED"!!!

That's the actual #1 feature I've been wanting. I don't care about grouping my games, just let me filter out the ones that are archived on whichever microSD I have inserted. It sucks having 300+ digital games split across 3 microSD cards, and 65% of them are archived on any given microSD.

Let me see what's actually installed similar to how Steam has a filter for... well, "Installed".

And that's precisely what that added filter does. It's so awesome. My only gripe is filters reset each time you enter All Software. But, it's not that big a deal since it only takes a sec to filter it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

Happy for the people who have been begging for folders. Still don't care myself but.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ralizah

Folders!

Time to start downloading and then cancel a variety of games so that I can sort the tiles.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Budda

I never understood why you need folders really. I don't impulse buying games digitally so I don't have many games compared to others. ;P
And most of my games are physical anyway.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Ralizah

Amusingly, Rune Factory 5, Gal Gun: Double Peace, and River City Girls Zero are all sitting at the same metacritic score of 69 at the moment.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

I'm with Jaxon. Nintendo adding folders (Groups) is pretty hype. But at the same time giving downloaded games their own sort tab in the software library sort of torpedoes the hype. Regardless, it's about time this was done, Nintendo.

Better late than never I always say.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

WoomyNNYes

Well, I guess this will be the last time we'll see @Magician for a while, because it's going to take days or weeks to put all of Magician's games in folders. God speed on your journey Magician<3. haha.

(forgive me if someone else has already made a similar joke)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magician

@WoomyNNYes Actually, much to my surprise and thanks to the newly minted "downloaded software" sort option, it took less than a minute to shuffle all my digital stuffs into one Group. Mercifully, now I don't have to spend minutes scrolling down my library in search of a game that may (or maybe not) be a digital purchase. Super clean.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

WoomyNNYes

@Magician Did you hit the limit on a folder? I thought a folder prompt implied a 200 game limit. I immediately thought of you when I saw that.😁

edit: Oh, there's a "downloaded" game sort filter now? OOoo, that's a welcome filter.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magician

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@Magician Did you hit the limit on a folder? I thought a folder prompt implied a 200 game limit. I immediately thought of you when I saw that.😁

@WoomyNNYes

LOL, no I didn't reach the 200. I only have 40-something digital games. Most of them are the ACA Neo Geo releases. But about half are assorted other purchases, which makes me thankful for the new sort filters.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic