Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,941 to 60,960 of 70,008

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano @JaxonH Sounds like waiting to subscribe was the right choice, then. I'll probably wait for Nintendo to do whatever with F-Zero, in that case.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

Have the expansion pack now and played some of the N64 games. I... don't really understand the complaints. I tried a few of the games that I've played before, and they feel fine, aside from some awkward button mappings.

Yeah, they fixed those complaints but even at launch, the majority of games were fine.

Ralizah wrote:

With that said, considering Link and a few other characters are already in "Mario" Kart now, I feel like turning it into a Smash-esque celebration of Nintendo is overdue.

I feel like Mario Kart should do a lot more for Mario stuff that isn't the same characters that are always in the multiplayer Mario games before they spend much time looking towards other series. Be a better Mario love letter before that. Like it really annoys me nowadays that Mario relies so much on familiar characters and settings and everything to sell itself and yet refuses to acknowledge almost anything that isn't the mainline platformers, and sometimes not even in creative, new ways.

(also it makes sense to save non-Mario stuff for DLC imo)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Oh ya. If we're talking full price, I'd still be waiting in all likelihood. Though to be fair, if I didn't care about owning expansions and DLC and just cared about playing them, that probably would have sold me. At $25/pop, just one of them covers the extra cost for that yr (and we've already gotten 2 in the last 6 months), and the N64/Genesis is kinda like a freebie.

If you can get in on a family plan though with some other members here, I wouldn't hesitate. At $10/yr it's actually half the price of the base membership, with N64 (and even though I don't play the Genesis much, it is nice having them all in one collection without lag like the other retail collection had, and without having individual Ages releases). Sin and Punishment is excellent (and in English), Mario Kart 64 and F-Zero X with online is a dream come true, and there's actually a really solid selection despite the relatively small total number of games. Almost every single one is a banger. I expect by the end of this year, we'll have quite the N64 collection.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH I'd probably never sub individually. I used to go in with a forum member on a family plan, but I've transitioned to an actual family plan with my family, since most of us play on the Switch.

Will probably never play MK64 again with MK8D having actual post-launch support, but it'll be nice having access to portable versions of Banjo-Kazooie, Paper Mario, Sin and Punishment, and so on.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Paper Mario is so good. It holds up beautifully and actually looks pretty good in HD thanks to its style.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Fizza

@JaxonH Yes, yes, absolutely YES. Paper Mario is probably my favourite game on the entire service. I have over 15 hours in it already and it's so much fun to time attacks/blocks, explore the locals and interact with the at times absolutely bonkers characters. It's just a really wholesome experience that I would wholeheartedly recommend to everyone who has the service.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StuTwo

Ralizah wrote:

With that said, considering Link and a few other characters are already in "Mario" Kart now, I feel like turning it into a Smash-esque celebration of Nintendo is overdue.

Imagine a track based on "Garden of Hope" from Pikmin.

A Paper Mario track (honestly surprised they haven't done this yet).

A Kid Icarus track with that fantastic theme tune and lots of floating ancient Greek style architecture.

Personally I'd like to see Fourside from Earthbound. Moonside could be an upside down anti-gravity section under the main city.

Of course they could even make a "Smash Bros." themed course with Master hand occasionally crushing racers.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

I'm not sure which I'd prefer because I found it really cool how they turned Frontier Village into a Mario track (Wild Woods) but at the same time having it stay as a Xenoblade track with Shulk added to Mario Kart would've also been really cool.

I do think however the Mario side of things being expanded should be what comes first, MK8 Deluxe doesn't even have characters such as Birdo and Diddy Kong which previously appeared in Double Dash and Wii.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

I'm sure Nintendo will keep the Mario Kart name even if they heavily expand the number of other franchises featured in it. And I do think Mario should always be the main focus; I like seeing more obscure Mario characters and locations show up, and there'd probably be less of those if it was a full-on Nintendo Kart.

@Grumblevolcano Is Wild Woods confirmed to be based on Frontier Village or is it just speculation?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

StuTwo

@Grumblevolcano I kind of feel like Diddy Kong not being there is deliberate because they still have it somewhere in their Nintendo lizard brain that they might one day do "Diddy Kong Racing 2".

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

IceClimbers

So apparently Doom Eternal came out 2 years ago today, which also means that it's been 2 years since Animal Crossing New Horizons released.

How on earth has it been 2 years already?!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ninfan

Rumour, only rumour ( rumour ) is that GAME BOY ADVANCE games are going to be added to NSO. I mean GBA might be better than N64 as they were released 4 years after the N64 and GBA was 32 bit. I mean I think GBA games are better than most of the games you can play in handheld mode on the switch. Also there are 1500 Game boy advance games. I really Hope it happens 🤞

Ninfan

kkslider5552000

Ninfan wrote:

Rumour, only rumour ( rumour )

But is it a rumor? I can't tell.

Also, it'd be very weird if they added GBA before GB. I have no idea why GBA would be rumored without GB.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@Dogorilla Speculation, I just feel it looks a lot like Frontier Village.

@kkslider5552000 The handheld line (GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS) are odd ones because of the remakes and remasters already on or coming to Switch. Combined with Nintendo mostly ignoring the GC, Wii getting HD remasters and Wii U getting ports, I could honestly see N64 and Genesis being the end of new consoles added with the Expansion Pack turning to a focus on DLC. So like we have Animal Crossing New Horizons and MK8 Deluxe DLC in it and then stuff like this is added:

• Mario Party Superstars DLC
  • Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes Expansion Pass
  • Xenoblade 3 Expansion Pass
  • BotW 2 Expansion Pass
  • Splatoon 3 Single Player Expansion (think Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ninfan

@kkslider5552000 well GBA games are better than GAMEBOY games. like a million times better. I mean GB was 11 or 12 years older than GBA . I know GB games are brilliant but there not as good as GBA games.

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Not from all 1500 GBA games will be featured on NSO due to licensing issue for licensed brand game or Japanese only games.
You will not see Barbie games or K-1 games or Disney games, etc from GBA on NSO due to expired licensed contract and the games that will be featured on NSO are mostly 1st party games with very few 3rd party games that being played the most by majority Nintendo fans. Nintendo will never include the niche or unpopular games for their NSO. If you want to play All those 1500 GBA games, get GBA or NDS machine and GBA cartridges to play them.

Anti-Matter

FragRed

@Ninfan @kkslider5552000 Wasn’t this rumour something they’ve been saying for at ages along with GB and GB Colour?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarioVillager92

Ninfan wrote:

I mean GBA might be better than N64 as they were released 4 years after the N64

Not necessarily. They're two very different systems compared to each other. The N64 primarily has games with 3D graphics, and the GBA is pretty much a slightly enhanced SNES in terms of its specs. It's why you'd see stuff like the Super Mario Advance remakes.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter no, I think nintendo can release any of the GBA games on switch. They always buy rights to games released on there consoles.

Ninfan

Ninfan

@MarioLover92 but the gameplay in GBA games are much better than what was in N64 GAMes.

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic