Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,901 to 60,920 of 61,582

wyzau

Would be awesome if there was a website like Deku Deals but for game updates. http://www.benoitren.be/switch-gamepatches.html was a great place to start, but it hasn't been updated for months now. Sometimes it's really hard to find changelogs or to find out if there has been an update in the last months for game xy or not. Sadly the Switch won't update all of my installed games either, just the last played ones.

Another issue is the little popup on the Switch screen telling me that a game has just updated. Sometimes I'm in the middle of an intense moment and I can't see what has been updated, so I can't find out which game was recently updated. Would also be a cool feature for the Switch to see the recently updated games (ideally including the changelog).

Edited on by wyzau

wyzau

TowaHerschel7

Any chance North America will be getting Black Friday eShop deals? Would kinda be weird if we don't imo. 🤔

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Waves of Adventure and Role Playing PS4 Community: Join Today!

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo announced the new Mario Golf update is the final free update, emphasizing "free" so it may be that there's DLC in the future. Between this and Mario Party, it does seem like we may be finding out soon whether @skywake's theory about the NSO expansion pack's primary purpose being for paid DLC rather than N64/Genesis is correct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

So, Animal Crossing update went out, Mario Golf update and Death's Door released, and KOTOR is getting the giant text box patched in January.

Awesome.

What's not awesome is hearing Neo TWEWY was a flop.

They didn't really push the game, little to no marketing, no special edition, nothing. Still, the game is good and reviewed well.

It clearly did best on Switch, so at least SE can't use it as a mark against the system to not bring other games (which, had it been exclusive, that would have been the likely outcome, as there would be no other worse selling version for context).

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
Steam: MH Rise
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby Forgotten Land, Mario Rabbids, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

NEO TWEWY's retail performance seemed pretty consistently bad, and you rarely saw anyone talking about it, so it flopping doesn't surprise me one bit. Sad for the fandom, though: apparently there aren't a lot of them, or they didn't turn out for this release.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing

JaxonH

Neo TWEWY is discounted to $48 on Amazon right now. Also...

Bravely Default II is $27

Fire Emblem Three Houses (physical AND digital code), Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Dying Light Platinum Edition and Mario Odyssey is $35

Shin Megami Tensei V Steelbook Edition back in stock AND discounted to $49.99

Shin Megami Tensei V Special Edition back in stock for $119.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Steelbook-Launch-Ni...

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby Forgotten Land, Mario Rabbids, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I'm not sure about the Switch version selling best, Square Enix has discontinued Switch physical copies but continue to release PS4 physical copies. Similar thing happened for KH Melody of Memory.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
It absolutely smoked the PS4 version in every rankings chart, even now on Amazon the Switch version at $48 is 200 rankings above the PS4 version at $30. Prices only get lowered as an attempt to increase quality demanded. When one version sells at a lower price than another, its a pretty clear indicator demand is less for that version and thus a lower price is needed to boost sales.

So ya. I'm pretty sure. It's possible digital makes up for some of that, but nowadays the digital market share on Switch is so high I don't think it's nearly as much of a split like it used to be in the Wii U era.

Just like they announced all those SaGa releases on Switch smoked every other platform. Said Steam was most surprising but still fell short of Switch.

Pretty much everything sells most on Switch nowadays barring properties with heavy ties to other platforms (such as Persona 5 Strikers), or games released after other versions.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

So I am about 20ish hours into Shield now and honestly enjoying it a lot. Got through the first gym leader by the skin of my teeth, had a bunch of type advantages for the next two so get through them fairly easily but then the Ghost leader wiped the floor with me, so I spent around 5 hours today in the wild area catching Pokemon, levelling up and trying to build a team to take him down.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Wrestling Empire. Mario Party Superstars. Monster Hunter Rise and Generations Ultimate. Dicey Dungeons. RingFit Adventure. Loop Hero. Skyward Sword HD.

Giancarlothomaz

could we have informations regarding Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 at the Game Awards 2021?a title reveal? a story trailer?

i like HD Rumble.

Grumblevolcano

My Switch internet problems are now resolved so I can now delve back into Switch stuff.

@JaxonH Ok, it just seemed odd that Square Enix would discontinue the Switch physical version if it was the best selling version.

Grumblevolcano

WoomyNNYes

Good luck searching through the "2028" titles currently on sale on Switch eshop, everybody!<333 (NA eshop)

(see, because, eshop games are so slow to load/scroll through.😀)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
'Tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)
Best Christmastime song with a beat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6AdTJIulc

BruceCM

Oh, are we on Switch 2 yet, then, @WoomyNNYes ....? Mario Kart 9 out yet, too? What else have we missed in the time-jump?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

@BruceCM With 2028 titles on sale on the Switch eshop, Mario Kart 9 MUST be in there somewhere. This is the first time I've seen 2000 games on sale on eshop. Before this, I don't know if I ever saw more than 1200-1400 games on sale. (granted it's not something I paid much attention to.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
'Tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)
Best Christmastime song with a beat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6AdTJIulc

JaxonH

Massive deals going on. So Jax is gonna put together his Care Package Recommendation List. How far can $200 take you this Black Friday per DekuDeals? These prices are digital and/or physical.

CARE PACKAGE RECOMMENDATION $192.07 (sub-$200 after tax)

• Monster Hunter Rise $29.99
  • Ni No Kuni $9.99
  • Assassin’s Creed Rebel Collection $14.79
  • Doom Eternal $23.99
  • Unravel Two $3.39
  • Borderlands Legendary Collection $14.99
  • Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle $13.99
  • Resident Evil Revelations $7.99
  • Metro Last Light Redux $7.49
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4 $14.99
  • Ori Will of the Wisps $17.99
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2 $19.99
  • XCOM 2 $12.49

Longer List
Inside $1.99
Monster Hunter Rise $29.99
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate $15.99
Fire Emblem Three Houses $35
Xenoblade Chronicles DE $35
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 $41.99
Mario Odyssey $35
Paper Mario Origami King $35
Splatoon 2 $35
Mario Maker 2 $39
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze $43.99
Ring Fit Adventure $54
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania $20
DragonBall Z Kakarot $25
Dragon’s Dogma $14.99
Alien Isolation $17.49
Astral Chain $39.99
Burnout Paradise $11.99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $14.79
AI Somnium Files $15.99
The Witcher 3 $29.99
Slay the Spire $9.99
Ni No Kuni $9.99
Assassin’s Creed III Collection $14.79
Assassin’s Creed Rebel Collection $14.79
Bravely Default II $26.99
Doom $19.99
Doom Eternal $23.99
Bioshock Collection $14.99
Pillars of Eternity $12.49
Unravel Two $3.39
Tales of Vesperia $12.49
Dragon Quest XI S $34.99
Skyrim $29.99
Metro 2033 Redux $7.49
Metro Last Light Redux $7.49
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2 $19.99
Borderlands Legendary Collection $14.99
Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle $13.99
Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition $19.99
Hades $17.49
Cruis’n Blast $24.99
Tetris Effect Connected $26.79
Resident Evil Revelations $7.99
Resident Evil Revelations 2 $7.99
Valkyria Chronicles $9.99
Valkyria Chronicles 4 $14.99
Catherine Full Body $19.99
Dark Souls $19.99
XCOM 2 $12.49
Okami HD $9.99
Bastion $3.99
Transistor $3.99
South Park Fractured But Whole $15.99
Civilization VI $8.99
Final Fantasy X/X-2 $19.99
Final Fantasy XII $19.99
GRID Autosport $17.49
Rayman Legends $14.99
Ori Will of the Wisps $17.99

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

Yea some real bangers. I grabbed valkyria chronicles 4 and wargroove for a little over $25.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is, like, 70 hours of amazing gameplay and narrative even without the DLC.

Still super annoyed the DLC never goes on sale, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing

Pizzamorg

After building a new team through the wild area and grinding some levels I took down Ghost Boy, then by the skin of my teeth went on to defeat the old Mary Poppins like Gym leader… only to then lose to Hop for the first time! I changed my team again, beat him on the second go around and am now fighting my way through to the next town.

It is kind of a shame the fairy village doesn’t play a bigger role (although maybe it will later on?), it is such a unique and visually interesting location but I feel like I was there for a quick pit stop and then was already leaving it behind.

I guess I could have stuck around, ground it out in the forest, but I think a big part of the reason I am finding Shield so playable and enjoyable so far, is the curve of the game just seems really well tuned. At least so far, as long as you’re engaging with the game and catching new Pokemon along the way, you are going to always be around the right level for the next challenge that comes along. People often criticise Shield for being “too easy”, but I actually don’t think it is necessarily any harder or easier than other games like it on the system at the core. The difference is just the game - at least so far, hasn’t ever spiked the level divide, forcing you to either grind it out or struggle your way through, after each incremental piece of progress. Shield allows for almost constant progression - which I want from a game.

And yeah sure, I did have to grind it out for Ghost Boy and redo my team, as I did for Hop a couple of battles later but I don’t mind doing this in moderation and if the level grind is maybe only like a couple of levels to end up over levelled. It is when these sort of games are tuned/balanced in such a way that you never really feel like you are growing in power, as they curb stomp you after you overcome each challenge. I guess some people want that? But I am glad Shield doesn’t do that.

The one thing I will say about Shield and I guess this has always been true of Pokemon and really many of these sorts of games is as long as you aren’t a type advantage, you can sometimes be carried by just one Pokemon who is stronger than others, which kinda hurts whole team aspect we’re meant to be going for. For me, it is my Boltund, who evolved from the adorable Yamper. I have her in my party from practically the beginning of the game, she is a few levels ahead of even my starter Pokemon who I have also kept in my party from the beginning and usually even without a type advantage, as long as she doesn’t have have a disadvantage, she can usually win fights on her own. At least her Spark move actually connects with other Pokemon! Maybe the only move that does that isn’t like a beam or something.

Sorry the kind of long, rambly, kinda aimless post! Just trying to be a bit more positive upon your guys advice and since this is a game I am really enjoying, I thought I’d try and spread some of the fun I am having.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Wrestling Empire. Mario Party Superstars. Monster Hunter Rise and Generations Ultimate. Dicey Dungeons. RingFit Adventure. Loop Hero. Skyward Sword HD.

ragman7777

i love my switch it is my first nintindo. its kind of amazes me the power it has in such a small device and it runs on very low wattage .. dont have many games so far im wanting mario kart if i can get a deal on it

ragman7777

JaxonH

@ragman7777
We're lucky to live in a time where Switch exists.

All my life I've played handhelds like GBA, DS, 3DS and Vita. It was always the dream to be able to play console games like Metroid Prime on a handheld. Granted, we don't have that specific game (yet) but we've got so much else. Idk what it is, but the idea of playing console games portably has always intrigued me.

But being able to Switch back and forth with the TV, that can't be understated. A lot of systems I buy and am really impressed at first, but that fades after the first year or so. With Switch, I'm just as impressed now as I was the day I got my launch unit. It never gets old.

It's common to see snarky remarks and jabs taken at Switch for being less powerful, but I'm impressed with how capable it is. Playing Death's Door on the OLED and it's like....wow. This looks great. Fired up Monster Hunter Rise tonight for the Sonic crossover Quests and was yet again impressed with how good that game looks in handheld mode. It wasn't long ago I was playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on my 3DS in 240p with a mouse nub for camera control.

I'm anxious to get my hands on the Steam Deck, which exists in no small part thanks to Switch paving the way. Like Switch, it will be able to dock to the TV, and like Switch, you can have one model connected to the TV permanently and use cross save to link with your portable model.

The hybrid concept is the future.

PLAYING
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic