Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,321 to 60,340 of 69,962

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah same. I'm pretty sure I've beaten asylum, city, and at least played knight. I think I gave up on knight as I kept dying in one of the batmobile sequences I just couldn't get passed. Origins is something I haven't played at all. It's still going for pretty cheap used on wii u, and I can certainly grab it there, but maybe ill hold off to see whats in the rumored collection.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Fizza

I'm seeing a lot of talk over the Arkham games here because of the leak and I'm just curious: what exactly are these games about? Are they good? What exactly do you do in them? I've always seen the series from an onlooker's perspective and they seem really cool but I'm not sure whether or not I should bite should this collection materialise.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Fizza
They're about BEING THE BATMAN!

You play as Batman, in an open world city environment where thugs terrorize Gotham. Follow the main story beats, and explore the world doing various side quests and finding secrets. Riddler puzzles are scattered throughout the world, often requiring abilities you don't yet have, or requiring highly skilled gameplay to attain.

Upgrade your arsenal as you progress. All kinds of Batarang gadgets and cool gizmos. Use the Bat Claw to grapple, and use stealth to drop down on your enemies unaware.

Basically the same format as Spiderman but with Batman, and even better imo, as it has more of a focus on solving puzzles, which I personally love (it's why Zelda ahd Metroid is so addictive)

It's a killer game series. Absolutely recommend picking it up on Switch when it releases.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

@Fizza Well they are about Batman! ;p

They are good, especially at the time they were released. It's a mix of stealth and action so rather than just hitting the baddies with combos (which you can still do if you want to) you can also stalk them from the roof and then suddenly grab them and leave them tied dangling from a gargoyle which was my favourite part of the games. Then there's some light puzzle solving and the odd boss battle.

If you're a Batman fan from a casual fan who knows a few of the movies or a hardcore comic reader you will find loads of love and easter eggs in them, they hired Paul Dini who is famous for creating Harley Quinn to work on the story and the easter eggs so it really shows.

Personally I'd rate the first one the best as it’s more linear style works really well as you’re trapped in Arkham Asylum (the mental hospital where Batman's villains get treated) adding to the tension of the game rather than the sequels were you have the entire city to play in.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@JaxonH Oh god you saying 'being the Batman' there just transported me back like 5 years.

Anyways, that's pretty cool honestly. I'm saving my money for the highest priority stuff like ACNH, Celeste and Streets of Rage 4 at the moment but I'll see if I can give it a go perhaps later on in the year!

@jump I remember playing the Lego Batman games and the city that that game was set in felt amazing to explore so I'd say I'll probably enjoy the sequels style more when I eventually get to play them but hey who knows?

Edited on by Fizza

Buizel

@Fizza To add to @JaxonH.

The first game (Asylum) is a bit different in that it's a bit less open-world (you still explore a large connected area, but it's not quite "open" in the sense that Arkham city is) and more like a 3D Metroidvania, with new equipment and upgrades being crucial to progression.

I've never been a massive Batman fan but Asylum absolutely blew me away. I was tempted to pick up City again on the PC after finishing Pokemon Legends Arceus, but I think I might wait it out to see if this rumour is true. I can't think of many games like this on the Switch so it'll fill a nice little gap within the system's library.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

dmcc0

@Fizza Arkham Asylum has to be one of my all-time favourites. 3rd person Action-Adventure type game with loads of stealth and a brilliant combat system that is possibly better than any game I've ever played IMO. Seriously - if you haven't already played them it's a no-brainier if you're even remotely interested in either the genre or Batman.

dmcc0

Fizza

Oh, I'll tell you something actually, if this collection is real, they're probably doing it because of The Batman. That's gotta be it, right?

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I was thinking because of the upcoming Suicide Squad game this year which takes place after Arkham Knight. Switch wouldn't be able to run the game natively given it's PC/PS5/Series X|S only but publishers seem happy enough to put cloud versions on the Switch so I could see a cloud version happen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Fizza This would be coming out in August and the movie is out next month, it's poor timing if it is.

It's more likely it was always on the list to do as the Arkham Collection has been out already on Steam and other consoles since 2019 and this just took longer. I remember the developers talked about how Knight couldn't be a 360/PS3 game due to the Batmobile so it's taken extra trickery to get it to work on a Switch plus covid delays.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Saw a controller that provides gyro aiming for any console game, by mapping the right analog to the gyroscope and providing an app that allows custom response curves to make it feel as close to 1:1 as possible. It's not as good as mouse gyro but still. Better than nothing. This thing could be a gamechanger for PS/Xbox.

Not sure if it's PS5 compatible yet but it is Series S/X compatible and PS4 compatible. It sold out immediately though it just came back in stock

https://store.xim.tech/XIM-NEXUS_p_27.html

@DarthNocturnal
It'll be on PC soon enough.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Interesting. I need to do some research on it. Promising if true.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Anti-Matter

Oh, come on...
Even I was not allowed to say I do not like Batman and other Western superheroes ??

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter You’re walking on a very fine line, if you watch The Dark Knight this very second you will be able to save yourself from being permanently banned. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Anti-Matter

@jump
I would rather get announcement of new Barbie games on multi consoles than announcement of Batman / Western superheroes games. I want some girlie girlie game with rainbow, unicorn, ballet dance, high heel, fashion, make up and sleepover party.

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter inserting yourself into a conversation just to say you don't like the subject, without actually adding anything of value to the discussion, is considered unconstructive.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Nice to see Demon Slayer announced for Switch in the west.

Not just because it's massively popular but because it's Sega, and they haven't really done much with Switch beside Sonic and Monkey Ball. Few years ago it was looking promising with Alien Isolation, Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4, Shining Resonance... but then they just sort of abandoned post.

Almost as if they expected Switch to fail, and had a few token games lined up so they could keep relations with Nintendo for their new product launch, but internally was planning to quickly dust it once the launch window was over. Then doubled down on that bad decision by not reversing course sooner.

After enough record breaking years they're just like fine, port to Switch.

Ryu_Niiyama

Looking forward to demon slayer. I know nothing about the anime but it looks action packed.

Edit: Nvm: skipping this one.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

@Link-Hero as long as the game mechanics make sense/are fun, I will be fine. I don’t have to know all the characters for a game to be fun. I never finished Pokemon diamond (and I don’t remember it either) but I still enjoy Legends. Most games are not going to expect players to consume every ancillary bit of media in order to enjoy playing. Otherwise comic book games would have much lower numbers.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic