Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,181 to 60,200 of 60,944

JaxonH

@Eel
Can you find out if it works cross region?

Nintendo might get suspicious of that

PLAYING
NS: Shin Megami Tensei V, MH Rise
3DS:
Steam: Forza Horizon 5
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

IceClimbers

@FragRed Agreed. They should have filled in the major missing SNES games (cough Earthbound cough) and then added GB/GBC and GBA games at the minimum.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH yes it works across all regions.
Edit.
I think the only con is you won’t be able to get the controllers and only the main family admin member gets to buy.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

JaxonH

I'm guessing this wouldn't work for getting the AC DLC though. Seriously doubt 8 ppl in a plan would each permanently get $25 DLC to keep.

So I'll probably just pay the extra $30 for one year to get the DLC, since it's only an extra $5 for the plan at that point anyways. And then next October when it expires, I'll join you guys.

Unless joining works cross region and allows everyone in the plan permanent ownership of the AC DLC.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

Eel

We don’t know how does the dlc aspect work in the long run. But the family plan should provide the same experience for everyone in it as would 8 individual plans.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@1UP_MARIO
"Gets to buy"

What do you mean by that? Are you referring to MyNintendo specials like the controllers and stuff? If so that's fine, since I already ordered the N64 and Genesis controllers (though there may be stuff in the future, who can say).

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Eel

That I’m not sure, since Mexico doesn’t get those physical item offers at all.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

JaxonH

@Eel
Breaking news. You don't get ownership of the DLC if you get it through the Online. Aka I'm gonna buy it separately, aka I'll be glad to join your group

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH then you should be fine. You get all the benefits of a individual account

Eel

@JaxonH ah so it’s like, Xbox one/series games with gold.

Sure! If you have twitter, telegram, discord, or some other instant messaging service we could use, (or if you don’t mind sharing your email dress here), to invite you to the group, just say so.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Monkeido

JaxonH wrote:

@Monkeido
So, if you have cloud saves, they should automatically back up if you have the setting on. After which, you can download the saves to the new system en masse via the data management settings menu. There's a cloud save option which lists all your saves on a single screen. You can Rapid fire them one after another down the entire list.

In the end, I did all of them one by one anyway, but thanks for the heads-up! There were 3 games I could only transfer from the cloud (Hotline Miami, Minecraft and I forgot the third one ^^').

Monkeido

kkslider5552000

Man, Nintendo really trying to put a damper on MULTIPLE things I'm excited for, aren't they? sigh

I mean, worst case scenario...I'm fine with buying the DLC, on its own, at that price. But I really wanted to spend next year playing some N64 games. Now I'm not so sure.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
Join us. You'll get the online plus expansion benefits for less than you're paying now on the basic plan.

Send Eel your email, get the invite to join the fam, and just PayPal your share of the $ (next person to join makes it divisible by 5 ppl)

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

gcunit

Polite reminder that I currently have space for a couple of users in my family plan too if anyone wants in. Ralizah was in for a couple of years, and Octane still is, so you should be reasonably confident that there's no shenanigans going on.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

Join us. You'll get the online plus expansion benefits for less than you're paying now on the basic plan.

Send Eel your email, get the invite to join the fam, and just PayPal your share of the $ (next person to join makes it divisible by 5 ppl)

@Eel

I mean, do I post it here? Because I've never known of a private message system here, ever

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

JaxonH

kkslider5552000 wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@Eel

I mean, do I post it here? Because I've never known of a private message system here, ever

I did. 2 min later @Eel emailed me and let me know I could delete the post. I don't think anyone here is going to spam your email or anything. I've done it several times before here. Just delete a few min later. The number of ppl who even see the post in that short a time will be few.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

1UP_MARIO

If people are interested in the expansion dlc. I might have some space.

skywake

I do love the irony of this discussion here, talking about grouping together to pay for Nintendo's online service. Ten years ago you guys probably would just share each other's friend codes and dropped an email on your Wii message boards. With what is now a paid service as it is you're kinda limited

Side note. I'm kinda suprised at the price of the controllers. For some reason I was expecting them to be much closer to the price of the Pro Controller. Somehow $70AU seems fairly reasonable in comparison. Outside of wired and stick-less controllers that's probably cheaper than any other controller on Switch. I wasn't going to pick one up but at that price.... I might....

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Eel

@kkslider5552000 ok I’ll send an invite

Edit: welcome to the family! You can remove your address now if you want

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

JaxonH

Eel wrote:

@kkslider5552000 ok I’ll send an invite

Edit: welcome to the family! You can remove your address now if you want

👊 Welcome to the tribe!

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic