Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,121 to 60,140 of 69,987

alexwolf

I know the SWOLED only has minor upgrades when it comes to build materials, but it really feels much more premium than the regular Switch. When I first bought the SWOLED and held it right next to my old model, even without turning the system on, the old model suddenly felt so cheap and flimsy in comparison.

alexwolf

JaxonH

Ppl think those talking up the OLED are blowing smoke, but the reactions are pretty consistent with being impressed. It's hard to convey just how awesome it is until you've got one in hand.

It feels like Switch perfected.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

In the event that Forgotten World isn't the only Kirby release this year given the anniversary (though likely the only brand new title), which of the following do you think is most likely...

A. Kirby 64 on NSO.
B. A no frills port of Dream Collection.
C. An HD port of ONE of the following (Return to Dreamland, (Extra) Epic Yarn, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot).
D. A collection of 2-4 titles from option C.
E. Something else (like a Rainbow Curse port).

I'd personally like to see option D come true, but most likely A if anything.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Buizel

@RR529 I'm no big follower of the Kirby series, but my impressions are that A is dead certain and then maybe E is most likely, followed by B, C, D.

At least 2'8".

NintendoByNature

I'd love some Kirby compilations tossed over to us this year.

NintendoByNature

Fizza

@RR529 I think I have the most realistic option, as much as it pains me to say it: merch. A whooooooooooole lotta merch.
I desperately want the modern games to come as a collection but realistically, with an entirely new game this year, I get the feeling Nintendo will be like 'job's a good un' and have merch be the big selling point this year. Plushies, posters and all kinds of other trinkets being sold throughout the year on the store. That's my take anyway.
EDIT: I realised afterwards I never really gave a proper answer to your question so I would absolutely adore a modern collection, as stated previously. Love Triple Deluxe and I've never played the other two games in the unofficial trilogy so I would love to give those a shot. Specifically, Planet Robobot. It looks amazing.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@RR529 I think A already having been announced back in September in addition to NSO already having Super Star and Dream Land 3 deconfirms B. I don't see D happening at all and while I could see C happen someday (Extra Epic Yarn because it's a Switch era 3DS release), I don't think it'll be this year. As for E, I could see a Kirby Game & Watch and a load of merch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dmcc0

@RR529 I think we'll probably just get 'A', but I'd like to see Kirby's Air Ride get a port - missed it on GC and used prices now are way more than I'm willing to pay.

dmcc0

link3710

@RR529
A is already confirmed.
What I expect isnt on your list. I think we'll get Dream Collection 2, containing all the GB/GBC/GBA games not in Dream Collection + Air Ride. Maybe the DS titles too, or instead of Air Ride.

That'd give us... Block Ball, Dream Course, Pinball Land, Avalanche, Star Stacker and Tilt N Tumble as spin-offs, with Amazing Mirror, Nightmare in Dream Land, and maybe Squeak Squad and Canvas Curse and Super Star Ultra as major titles. Oh and Mass Attack.

I do think there's a small chance of getting both Dream Collection 1 as a limited time release and Dream Collection 2 though.

link3710

gcunit

RR529 wrote:

In the event that Forgotten World isn't the only Kirby release this year given the anniversary (though likely the only brand new title), which of the following do you think is most likely...

A. Kirby 64 on NSO.
B. A no frills port of Dream Collection.
C. An HD port of ONE of the following (Return to Dreamland, (Extra) Epic Yarn, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot).
D. A collection of 2-4 titles from option C.
E. Something else (like a Rainbow Curse port).

I'd personally like to see option D come true, but most likely A if anything.

I applaud this post because it's made me put my mind to the topic of the anniversary in a more specific way than I had previously.

The 20th anniversary never saw a PAL release, so it would be nice to get something akin to that, but at the same time I think I'm just as hopeful for something like the Mario 3D All-Stars collection, consisting of Kirby 64, Epic Yarn and Planet Robobot (even though I own the last 2).

And a Kirby themed pink Game & Watch would be irresistible.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Triangle Strategy Collector Edition [EU version] up for preorder and ships to US/Canada

https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/project-...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

I'd love to see Epic Yarn and Planet Robobot get ported over. I think Kirby 64 on NSO is the only release that will happen outside of Forgotten Land though as far as the anniversary goes.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

Ralizah wrote:

https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from...

Limited edition of Trails from Zero is live.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, yes. Yes please.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Preordered!

I have Trails of Cold Steel III and Trails of Cold Steel IV Collector Editions on Switch.

This one was non-negotiable

Ryu_Niiyama

Ralizah wrote:

https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from...

Limited edition of Trails from Zero is live.

Well this year is looking expensive already. Byleth figure, now this.

Welp I have some free time so I think I will start an RPG. Not sure which one though. The backlog looks really bad currently.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I think Byleth is cheapest on Amazon Japan accounting for shipping. Came out to just over 23,000¥ for me. While Amiami is lower, their shipping is usually around $50 for larger box items. Also, Amazon Japan has price guarantee if it goes lower over next 12 months

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09Q5VPBLN?psc=1&smid=AN...

gcunit

Earlier this afternoon I read the comments above and previous page re. not realising how good SWOLED was until you got it in your hands, and I was meaning to comment that that was exactly what I was waiting for - some IRL experience of one to see whether the hype was legit or not, but it just so happens that my kid has a friend round this evening and they've brought their SWOLED with them.

Now, I've only briefly held it, to enter our wi-fi code for them, so only seen the home screen, system menu, and a few seconds of Animal Crossing, but for me it is rather as I suspected: it's fine, it's nice, the screen seems very glossy, but... it was by no means a 'OMG I have to get one of these' moment.

The kick-stand was indeed nice and felt just as I hoped it would. That's the bit I'm most jealous of at the moment, but it's not like I'm running out to get one any time soon based on what I've seen.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic